WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2013

Options

Replies

• brookehe
    brookehe Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Wanted to share with others who may have the same issue: due to a back injury I've always found abs exercises (on the floor) to be problematic, today I found this article with STANDING ABS EXERCISES - yay! www.womenshealthmag.com/fitness/standing-ab-workout .

Lovely walk around the lake today, actually didn't go around twice because it was TOO warm (it was snowing Tuesday!!!) and I was in jeans. Dillon the WonderDog enjoyed the walk he got however. :smile:

KathysZoo – Great to hear you were called back for the second interview! Good luck getting the job that you want. Congrats too on this week’s weight loss :drinker:

Juanita – I got tired just reading about your garden workout, so glad Spring has sprung! :flowerforyou:

Meg - Great, now I’m craving biscuits & gravy :tongue:

GardenGail – I did a similar freezer “shape up” recently. Now I’ve organized ‘like with like’ (chicken of various forms together, fish/seafood etc.) Hoping this helps me stay better organized with it. I’m a huge soup fan too. I utilize beans/lentils for lean proteins and use meat (ham hock, bacon, lean beef, chicken sausage) sparingly. This keeps me in lunches all week long, I just switch up my “sides” with salads and/or fruits to round things out. Low calorie, high fiber, filling and yummy :happy:

Jodios – Doubly impressed that you can travel and not gain but actually lose!!!! Kudos:drinker:

Brooke from Colorado

“Don’t believe everything you think.”
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Well, Brooke, you made me think about what body I'd want to be attached to. I finally settled on Betty Grable. Do you even know who that is? She was a favorite pin up for the soldiers in WWII. Love the pose where she is in a bathing suit and looking over her shoulder. She is curvy and had nice legs. What fun!
    Had a weird experience this morning on my walk. About half way I felt a little funny. I had eaten breakfast so don't think that was it. Anyway, came home and drank some water and ate a banana. Not feeling strong at all today so didn't work in my garden even though I do have things to plant.
    Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday with lots of sunshine.
    'Sue in TX
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Suebdew: That is weird. Was it unusually hot or were you dehydrated? If not, it seems worrisome. I hope you're okay.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,380 Member
    Options
    Many times there are items in the MFP database and it's calculated for x grams. Well, I don't know if that's 1/4, 1/2, or 1 cup. And I guess it depends on the food itself.

Amanda - each of my kids got the chicken pox, then they gave it to Vince, but I never got it. I'm wondering if perhaps I didn't have them as a real small child and didn't remember that I had them. It was probably a blessing in disguise that I didn't get them, I don't know that they'd have taken care of me the way I took care of them, the kids were so small. Hope the grandtwins get better fast.

DeeDee - nice to know that you aren't robbing the cradle!

M - happy birthday to ds. You're too young for a 26year old!

Did 45 minutes of yoga today. Had to leave early (:() since I needed to go with Jess to the vet with her two cats and one of ours. But first I had to give Loki his med. Now Jess tells me that she has a car appt, so she should be leaveing pretty soon for that. I think I'll go to church tomorrow so that Jess and I can go see "Safe Haven" tonight at 7. Tomorrow I had planned to do some of the Wii training games, will probably do that before church.

Tammy in VA Beach - when we first put Loki on phenobarbitol, he was very lethargic. That did pass, I guess it took a little less than a month. I never cooked salmon in a cold oven

katla - so sorry dh was so sick yesteday. Hope he's back to feeling good real soon

bass2be - welcome. You asked for instructions on how to join? Well, you post...and that's IT come back soon

kandikane (love your name) - welcome to the family!

Vince grilled hamburgers for he and Jess and I had a veggie burger. Even tho they're higher in sodium, I like them better. Also just had it on a Nature's Own round. Then Jess and I went to go see "Safe Harbor". It was very good. This is a second run movie theater. They raised their price from $2 to $3. Well, can't really complain.

Linda - Congrats to your daughter! I'm sure she'll make it to Rio. Do 28 grams of any food equal one ounce?

Today was a not-so-good eating day. But because of al lthe ladies here, I kept saying to myself "I'm ony cheating myself if I don't log it" "log it, no matter how bad". Ad so I did, even tho I hang my head in shame.

As much as I hated to do it, I asked Jess to tell Dianna that we really do want to get to know her and ask if she could shed any light on why Bryan won't let us talk to her. Jess said she sent a note by facebook to her saying that they needed some "girl talk". I guess we shall see what happens. I don't know what to do any more.

I used to like having a "cheat" day, eventually I found that I honestly couldn't wait until the cheat day was over so I could get back to healthy eating. Also, it seems to take that much longer to regain what I lost.

suebdaw - hope you're OK.

Here's hoping everyone has a great evening.

Michele in NC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,969 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hello to all my great friends who keep me motivated. This has been a day of rest…..early to bed last night….got up late this morning…..took a nap with the whole family this afternoon…..it started raining just as I wanted to work in the yard so it was a day of dog walking, riding the recumbent bike while watching TV, and finishing some paperwork chores.

:heart: Barbie from NW Washington
    1461351h0otf8hco5.gif

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: “The only real freedom a human being can ever know is doing what you ought to do because you want to do it.”
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

This is a quick drop in. Today as many of you know was the Autism Walk /Run. I did better than I thought. I was in the 2nd wave. So that was 2.5 I did it in 48 minutes it is a long time but I was pushing and puffing all of the way. When I am on the treadmill it takes me 27-- 28 minutes to do a mile. No matter what. Than I am done but in the water easily way more. Last Summer I was farther along. My goal was not to be last I did not shot for a break till finish which I didn't. I am really paying for my pride. My feet and ankle is just killing me. But its so worth it glad that I went.

My next race is a 5-K its in August the Color Dash run. I have a few months to redeem myself. And start training better.

Liz from Idaho
  • LindaS175
    LindaS175 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Hi fabulous friends!
    I was just reading through articles on Web Md. I read this one,
    And thought that anyone with sugar issues, addiction like me might
    like to read this article! Has great info about sugar and it what ways
    It is not healthy for you! Most of it I had read before, but I did not
    Know that it causes ,,,wait, wait , no wait,,, ok are you ready for it??
    WRINKLES! ok , another reason to abandon sugar!

Hope you enjoy the article! LindaS - San Diego ????

Your Brain on Sugar
    http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/features/your-brain-on-sugar
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Good night
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: A quick Hello to all my friends

:frown: Had to take a trip to the emergency vet yesterday afternoon. DD came home from work and noticed that Maggie had a swollen paw and seemed in pain. (I felt bad that I'd not noticed, she'd been asleep in her basket the last time I saw her, and seemed fine) Called the vet and of course the surgery had just closed for the day! :grumble: Had a word with the emergency vet and he said swollen paws are usually the result of an abscess caused by a cat bite. He asked if I could see a scab or something - I felt something but wasn't sure it was a scab - poor little Maggie wouldn't keep her paw still enough for me to have a look and then she's so tiny I could hardly see anything anyway.

Vet said it was up to us, we could leave her until Monday or bring her in but there would be a call out fee as it was out of surgery hours. We took her in, and it was an abscess it burst whilst Vet was taking her temperature - it left quite a big wound on her little paw and Vet said it was a good job we took her in instead of leaving it until Monday. She had a high temperature and needed anti inflammatory and an antibiotic injections.

She's now walking about with a little green bandage on her leg - she keeps trying to "shake" it off, we have to leave it until Tuesday if it stays on :bigsmile: Didn't cost quite as much as I was expecting it to, but at the same, if we'd noticed a few hours earlier.........

:flowerforyou: Liz congrats to you on finishing your run, well done, hope your feet and ankle feel better soon, but feel proud YOU DID IT !

:grumble: Can't believe we have another team meeting on Monday this time it's the whole of the HR function - such a pain, they always split everyone into groups - I hate that - if we have to go why can't we sit where we like with people we know and feel comfortable with - instead of mixing everyone up :grumble: Another wasted day, when we have so much work to do, we are already under pressure with things getting behind.

:noway: Where has the sun gone, :huh: it was raining yesterday, we did have a bit of sunshine around lunch time, but it was still cold. Today is cold and grey, no sign of any sun. I could do to cut the grass at the back it seems to have shot up the last few days but it looks like it could rain at any moment so I'll leave it for now.

Well I should really make a start, need to catch up on some chores, time is marching on and I've been sat at the computer a long time :embarassed:

Have a great Sunday everyone.

Viv UK
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Good morning beautiful ladies:flowerforyou:

M :smile: Did you get your walkway finished yesterday? I don`t like the smell of fresh mulch:noway: , tends to annoy my allergies. Happy birthday to your DS:flowerforyou: !

Carol :smile: Did you have sunshine and warmer temps yesterday:glasses: ? We had cloudy skies and cooler temps…:frown:

Moxie :smile: Congrats to you and hubby for losing 15 pounds!!!

Gail :smile: No, I wasn`t being set up, the professor had no clue I went out with Kevin, just one of those really odd moments. I remember last summer when you and hubby were doing all the yard work, I bet it looks great! Congrats on the 2 pounds down!!! Your recipe for soup sounds delish! One of my least favorite things to do is clean out the freezer and fridge. Ouch, hope your wrist feels better soon!

Tammy :smile: It`s so wonderful you and hubby go to the gym together!!! Yes, Kevin remembered me, probably before I remembered him:embarassed: . I was a size 4 the last time I saw him though:tongue: , there was a lot more of me this time:laugh: . One of my friends dog has seizures, she just had to start her on meds too. You have really opened my eyes , I don`t think I`m going to get Noels teeth cleaned, I`ll just brush them for her, she doesn`t mind it, the groomer brushes her teeth and she’s okay with it. Hope you sweet fur baby will settle down soon!

Katla :smile: I love fresh brussel sprouts, but I also love the frozen ones! Hope DH is feeling better today:flowerforyou: !!!

Bass2be1 :smile: Welcome! You joined by posting! Come in often and chat with us!

KandiKane13 :smile: Welcome! Jump right in and chat away!

Brooke :smile: I`ve always preferred older men, hubby was 10 yrs .older, however the older I get, the more I`m rethinking that:laugh: . Love the quote, so very true!!!

Meg :smile: Biscuits and gravy…that sounds just divine!!!! Once school lets out you`ll have more time to concentrate of yourself, you`ll be out walking and riding your trike, we still need pictures of the trike!!! I love the idea of you being a lounge singer laying on top of a grand piano singing, of course a singing pole dancer would be fun too:laugh: ! No, I don`t think I`m a courgar:noway: , at least not yet:laugh: ! Thanks for the recipe the corn casserole sounds yummy!!!

Joyce :smile: When I don`t know the conversions I just google it, takes only a minute to find out the answers!

Tari :smile: Acupuncture is fabulous, I loved the feeling of well being I had when I had finished a session! I too, crave a good juicy burger from time to time!

Yanniejannie :smile: You sound busy, but a good fun busy doing things you love, good for you!!! Nice mug of hot chocolate at the end of the day, sounds wonderful!

Kathy :smile: Nice work helping with neighborhood clean up!! Hope your foot is feeling better! Good luck on the job!!! Congrats of the .5 down!!!

Juanita :smile: You had a busy day cleaning furniture and flower beds…congrats on over 10,000 steps!!!

Linda S :smile: Congrats to DD#1, 3rd place is fabulous:flowerforyou: , she’s only been doing this for a year, I think she’s doing great!!! It is very sad how mean kids can be, just makes you wonder why they get pleasure out of hurting someone else:cry: , what does it accomplish for them???

Jodios :smile: Salted caramel frozen yogurt sounds yummy! Feeling stronger and trimming down, that’s fabulous!!! Just keep it up, the dreaded scale:angry: will move in the right direction sooner or later!!!

Brooke :smile: Going from snow to too warm:noway: , crazy weather! What kind of dog is Dillon the WonderDog?

Sue in Tx :smile: Hope you`re feeling better today:flowerforyou: !!!

Michele :smile: No cradle robbing here:noway: :laugh: :tongue: ! Nice that you and Jessica got a movie in!

Barbie :smile: A family nap:love: , wonderful way to spend an afternoon!!!

Liz :smile: Congrats on the walk!!! I think you`re doing fabulous!!! Hope your feet and ankles are feeling better today:flowerforyou: !

Viv :smile: Glad you got Maggie to the vet!!! Another team meeting…:noway: you`re right, another wasted day:grumble: ! Hope the sun shines for you soon!

Renny :smile: Good luck today:flowerforyou: !!!!

Well today I go boss the boys, need to jump in the shower and get my hair tiara worthy!!! Hope everyone has a great Sunday!!! Drink your water:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: and log your food!!!

Hugs,
    DeeDee in cloudy, rainy NC
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,323 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone and thanks to all for their encouragement and congrats on my little victories. :flowerforyou:
    Liz - incredibly well done on your Autism walk/run. I'm afraid running is a little beyond me as my knees are delicate, but I think yours was a real achievement. :drinker:
    A friend of mine that I went to Paris with is at this moment doing a charity cycle ride round the New Forest (in the South of England). I'm thinking of her as she is not normally a cyclist!!! Ouch!
    I have put yet another pair of trousers in the too big drawer. When I first started on this they were impossible to get into. It feels really great.
    Some of you have suggested that I get my too big expensive dresses altered. I did think of that but, a) they are quite complicated tailoring so it wouldn't be easy, bodices etc. b) it would be expensive in this neck of the woods and I don't know anyone who could take on such a difficult job at a reasonable price c) they were bought to flatter my figure at the time, with cross over tops and flared skirt. Making the best of a bad job! Now I just don't need to wear that shape. I am lusting after something tight and fitted!! :laugh: :blushing: Oh the vanity! I still have about 8 weeks before the party so will wait a bit longer to see if I can shed another few lbs. But other more casual clothes need to be bought before then, even my T shirts are looking baggy, let alone trousers.
    In the past when I have lost a lot of weight and bought smaller clothes, I have always grown out of them again before too long. I am really hoping that wont happen this time. With all of your help maybe it wont. :flowerforyou:
  • mwheatcraft54
    mwheatcraft54 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Viv, poor kitty! My cats get abscesses occasionally – and that’s what they do – they get big, then they burst. It’s important to keep it clean and not let the kitty lick it too much. Ugh, team meetings. Good luck catching up on work.

Linda, you’re right, sugar is bad in so many ways – but artificial sweeteners aren’t much better. It’s best to go through the pain of breaking the sweet addiction altogether. I left a note for you on your diary update about protein powder. Congratulations to DD1! I use Greek yogurt in place of sour cream too. It really does the trick. NSFW = not safe for work. She’s at thebloggess.com. Agree on kids – sometimes I have to step away from the news, it’s so depressing. DS hated with a burning passion being “different” from the other kids at school – it completely changed his life when he finally found some friends who accepted him, warts and all. He’s still friends with them to this day. He’s a Taurus though – loyal as a the day is long.

Liz, congratulations on completing the walk/run! That’s terrific.

Michele, don’t be too ashamed. Just get back to healthy eating.

Sue B – hope you’re OK!

Brooke, that’s CO for you! If you don’t like the weather, just wait for a minute. :laugh:. You can also do exercises on a stability ball – I used to do that. It really works. The Bloggess’s book was the best. Just the story of Beyonce is worth the price of admission :laugh:.

Jodios, yum! Salted caramel is my all-time weakness – I like caramel better than chocolate. I’m right there with you on the plateau – frustrating.

Gail, I’m right there with you on the yard-work – I prelogged my hours today and I’m taking all those calories! My yard is not for sissies :laugh: I like the idea about spring-cleaning the freezer too – I need to do that. Mine is pretty shameful. I think it’s where food in my house goes to die.

Tammy, what a sweet thing, having coffee with the husband :love::heart: I’m so sorry your puppy is having such a hard time. Hopefully the new meds will work.

Katla, thanks for the reminder about the pox vaccine. I didn’t know there is a shingles vaccine – but you’re right about it being painful. I hope your DH feels better and is up for a fun day with you.
    Joyce, another comment about portions: a meat serving is three ounces, which is the size of a deck of playing cards. A serving of starch (pasta, rice, etc) is ½ a cup – about the size of a handful or a tennis ball (smallish). A serving of steamed veggies or salad is unlimited – but the dressing should always be on the side as you only want a tablespoon.

Meg, I’m laughing at the thought of the food choices in OK. My dad and brother live there – and it can be pretty scary. I bet your biscuits and gravy are the best – but the best best? Over next to the Little Big Horn at a little café there. :wink:

YannieJannie – how smart was that, putting your friend in charge of the cake? You’re so lucky to be doing what you want. It’s so good for your mental well-being.

Kathy, is your foot swelling or your ankle? It could be a circulation issue – but that’s just a guess. Good job on another loss this week!

Meyllisa, good work on the steps – and getting your patio ready! I’m saving mine for last so I make myself get the gardens finished :laugh:.

OK, off to the yard. The birds are singing, the cat is whining – time to go out. Oh, the cat – DH and I were unwinding over a glass of wine last night (it was all I had energy to make :laugh:) and I hear the cat making a ruckus at the back of the yard – then he comes racing across the lawn with a thing in his mouth almost as big as he is. It was a bunny. Fortunately he had just grabbed it around the middle and brought him back to the patio to play with, so I was able to get him to let go, put the cat in the house and the bunny scampered away. We have loads of them so I’m sure it won’t be the last one I have to rescue :smile:.

Have a lovely day – cheers!

M.
  • bass2be1
    bass2be1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    I am excited, and nervous all at the same time. I will be 57 in a few days, and that is the exciting part. I hope to retire in 5 years.
    I want to just relax. I have grands and they of course are too busy to hang out with me. Glad I did it when they were younger.
    Trying to monitor the blood pressure and not take meds for it. Losing weight is slow but I will stick to it. Purchased a magic bullet and kale has become my new best friend. I like strawberries and blueberries for smoothies also.
    I tried the apples and they are chock full of sugar. Maybe it is a good type, not sure. Glad there is a place for those over 50.
    bonita
  • cottagegal1
    cottagegal1 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hi their love being my age kids are grown and on their own now is time for us!!!! I just wish to get these 50 extra pounds off that I have been talking about for the past 10 years it just seems very hard for me to do very very slow! So with trial and error it seems I can eat around 1300 calories and if I stray at all well as they say game over! I have been taking part in the 30 day squat challenge this month and guess what I have not lost a single inch in fact my thighs feel bigger and I have found if I don't do my daily stretches I have adopted from my yoga class I am so stiff and sore so lesson learnt I have to keep those up twice a day just feels so good when I do them so my challenge foe may is to get upn6 days a week and do 30 minutes of walking every morning before work and then whatever else I do 30 day shred aqua fit and more walking! Also I want to loose 5 pounds in thank you .... Would love to hear from anyone else having slow weightloss and what finally worked for them......by the way I am 53
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,780 Member
    Options
    morning ladies,
    I got up and went straight to the gym,was there for about 45 minutes, it is going to be beautiful here today so the DH and I will take the boys for a walk at our local park..
    have laundry going ,and will be busy today getting things ready for the week.
    So sorry you had to take your baby to the vet, we have had a run or 2 to the emergency vet with ours, it is costly but they are worth it...
    the DH is out scrubbing down the kitchen sinks, he does it once a week, he also does the bathrooms...he does laundry when needed and a ton of yardwork... the man never stops...the one thing he doesn't do is cook.. Oh he knows how to but why would he if he has me:laugh:
    Hope everyone is enjoying the beautiful weather.. and enjoying the day :drinker:
  • LizPlus
    LizPlus Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Good Morning :smile:
    We finally have sunshine here in Halifax, Nova Scotia..it has been dreary here long enough, now if the cold wind would leave us alone it would be nice :huh: ...I cannot wait for sandal weather...:love: .....then I can actually get outside to walk..been doing it via exercise tape and walking the halls on every floor in our apartment ,we are on the 11th...just cannot do it very often.. the Fibro kicks in and my hips and legs pain like the devil :grumble: who said old age was the golden years :noway:
    Had a nice outing yesterday..got our children together and 2 grandbabies..and went to a restaurant for lunch..all you can eat buffet..that way there was something for everyone there...took my camera but got so busy enjoying the meal and conversations and forgot to take pictures :angry: ..oh well ...the being together is what counts :heart:
    I found out that my dedication to lose weight has been sloppy..I am going to get into the program a lot more from here on..please God!!!...the exercising is the only thing that keeps me where I am..but I am tired of being where I am..I want to go down.....so I will try harder
    I hope all is having a great weeknd...Take Care!!!!
    Liz, from Halifax NS
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,780 Member
    Options
    well work is done for right now,sitting on the deck and relaxing, then taking the dogs for a walk, then later on sweeping and washing the floors....
    gonna make the DH frid chicken for dinner, I have some left over salad and couscous and spinach that I will have,,
    Oh it is soooooo nice to sit out in the sun:bigsmile:
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    LindaS: Thanks for the post and the link. Where were you and Webmed 35 years ago? I guess it doesn’t matter. A person has to be ready to hear certain news. I’m glad I stopped putting sugar in my coffee and switched to stevia. Now I’m not harming my own skin and creating new wrinkles daily.:bigsmile: :flowerforyou:

Viv UK: Thank goodness for the sharp eyes of your DD! I hope your kitty has a swift and complete recovery. Mandatory training days..:grumble: We had training days set into our school schedule. Some of them were worthwhile, but others were a total waste of everyone’s time…:tongue: I hope your next turns out to be worthwhile.:flowerforyou:

Bonita: Happy birthday in a few days! I envy you for having your grandchildren. I have only one, so far. I had hoped to be a young grandma, but no such luck. I’ll have to concentrate on being a healthy and energetic OLD grandma.:laugh: DH is becoming an expert on lowering blood pressure strategies after his stroke. He drinks 8 cups of water a day. I no longer put salt into anything I cook, and add it at the table instead. DH has switched to salt substitute, which is potassium. It tastes salty to me. I guess some people are sensitive to that, too. In addition to all of that, he has to take medicine. :tongue: I wish you best luck in controlling your BP with diet. Since you’re already working on it you may be able to do very well.:flowerforyou:

cottagegirl: I suspect we’re all having slow weight loss. It is the healthy way to go, and the only option for most of us who have reached “a certain age.” Welcome to the group.:flowerforyou:

Grandmallie: Your DH sounds like a treasure. Mine has always been a great helper, too. Aren’t we lucky?:bigsmile:

Liz in Halifax NS: I’m glad to hear your weather is improving, and that you had the chance for a great meal with your family. I have three dear friends with fibromyalgia and thank the Lord it passed me by. (Of course I have my own issues. I guess we all do.) I respect your determination to improve your health. This group of women is great at being supportive.:flowerforyou:

We’ve been expanding our cooking skills and have been working on getting nutrition information for old favorites. My most recent effort was to get the nutrition information for my macaroni salad. Never had an actual recipe for this, so I created one by measuring one thing at a time and adding it until I was close to perfect. I reduced the mayo a bit compared to just throwing things together. I have found some sites on the net that are much better than MFP’s for giving measurements that I can deal with. I wound up using some of that information to get the recipe into MPF. I also have a phone app called “Convert” that is helpful. When I want to enter a recipe in MFP I’ve often been frustrated. There is a lot of user supplied information but I wish they’d get one of their programmers going on making an in-app conversion function so I can use cups and teaspoons and someone who wants to can use metric measurements. The other challenge is for DH to be able to get the information I’ve put into my recipes. Someone said I could open my diary, he could open his, and we could share. I’d like to understand that process better. If I share a recipe once, will it always be in his data base?

Have a great day!:flowerforyou:

Katla in NW Oregon
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,131 Member
    Options
    Oh ladies - such a nice day here in Des Moines. I've got to enjoy it as they are promising very soon we'll have day after day of rain. So I'm going outside to SMILE. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Two quick things - first, the product I used on my vinyl siding was something I picked up at Costco----"Wet & Forget" is the name of it and it's said to be good for moss, mold, mildew, and algae. You just mix the stuff up into one of those gallon sprayers----spray it on and that's it. No rinsing or anything. Unfortunately it may not work immediately and also unfortunately it's not a one-time thing. The web site is
    wetandforget.com

I believe my siding looked better within 24 hours BUT there's still dirt and stuff so I'm going to call the handyman to have him pressure wash it sometime this summer.

And MEG from Omaha, yes I'm in the Des Moines area. Two popular seafood restaurants here are "Splash" in downtown Des Moines and "Waterfront Seafood Market" (several locations). Either of those ring a bell?

Hi-ho. I just made soup so it's lunch time and then I'm outta here.:glasses: :glasses: :glasses:

Wishing everyone well......:heart::heart:

Lin in Central Iowa

1482351y1dphi597b.gif
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Happy sun!!Move is done.Now the unpacking begins.
    Love our rental home.
    Will catch up I promise.
    Thanks for all your kind words,support,and love.
    HUGS
    jane