Vegan Cat help!!

Options

Replies

• WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    Please tell me this is an April fools joke. I work at a pet store and had a million hours worth of training through a vet, cats eat meat. They do make vegan dog food, but not cat.

THANK YOU! This is the same situation at my last job. :)

you got a million hours of training too?
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Please tell me this is an April fools joke. I work at a pet store and had a million hours worth of training through a vet, cats eat meat. They do make vegan dog food, but not cat.

Wow, I didn't realize people on these boards were so old. That would make them both over 114,000 years old. What's your secret to longevity?!
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Wow, I didn't realize people on these boards were so old. That would make them both over 114,000 years old. What's your secret to longevity?!

Raw food diet, Master Cleansing, cardio with no weights, cutting out entire food groups and eating under 1200 calories a day :smile:

You will live long* but you will be miserable and hangry :sad:

*Disclaimer: Individual results may vary and have not been verified.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options

math fail.
  • PayneAS
    PayneAS Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Vegetables are NOT living things. They are produced by living things in order to spread seeds. Eating vegetables is like eating someone's eggs!

Ok, now I know it has to be a joke. No one can be this ignorant... right?

Edit: I'll give you an example. Lettuce.
  • PayneAS
    PayneAS Posts: 669 Member
    Options

math fail.

I think (I hope) they were both being sarcastic but if it really is a math fail, they still have awesome longevity because that is 114 years of training alone.
  • Davina_JH
    Davina_JH Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    eating eggs is eating the young of enslaved children. Like drinking milk is also promoting slavery.

And I am pretty sure that though a potato may not have feelings the plant you are ripping it off of probably does.

makes sense to me...
  • emmaciation_
    Options
    ok first off I do hope this is an April fools but I can't be bothered to read through and find out
    if it isn't, then let me just say that my household is vegan besides our cats, they need meat! If you're truly concerned about animal welfare then would would realise that this is what cats need to survive!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

math fail.

I think (I hope) they were both being sarcastic but if it really is a math fail, they still have awesome longevity because that is 114 years of training alone.

No, my math really does suck early in the morning. It causes problems when lifting...
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options

Raw food diet, Master Cleansing, cardio with no weights, cutting out entire food groups and eating under 1200 calories a day :smile:

You will live long* but you will be miserable and hangry :sad:

*Disclaimer: Individual results may vary and have not been verified.

Seems legit
  • Allihexen
    Allihexen Posts: 111 Member
    Options

math fail.

Sarcasm...It's not that hard to figure out. -_-
  • LJSmith1989
    LJSmith1989 Posts: 650
    Options
    Hello

Me and my family have recently decided to go vegan. It's been about one year now and so far we're all really enjoying it (the kids sometimes complain about the food lol). But the newest addition to our family, a six month old Munchkin named Nadia, absolutely refuses to adopt our vegan lifestyle. I've picked up a few recipes off the internet but she absolutely REFUSES to eat. My family and I are big into animal welfare and we just don't believe in harming other animals. Any ideas?

Here is what I'm feeding her now:

Deflated Soya 480 grams
    Wheat flour 160 gram
    Bajra flour 160 grams
    Maize flour 160 grams
    Edible oil 20 grams
    Skim milk (I substitute with alomonds!) powder 10 grams
    Dried yeast powder 5 grams
    Salt to taste

I then make it into a dough and place it in the oven and make it into biscuits.

Why did I assume you were a women?
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Hello

Me and my family have recently decided to go vegan. It's been about one year now and so far we're all really enjoying it (the kids sometimes complain about the food lol). But the newest addition to our family, a six month old Munchkin named Nadia, absolutely refuses to adopt our vegan lifestyle. I've picked up a few recipes off the internet but she absolutely REFUSES to eat. My family and I are big into animal welfare and we just don't believe in harming other animals. Any ideas?

Here is what I'm feeding her now:

Deflated Soya 480 grams
    Wheat flour 160 gram
    Bajra flour 160 grams
    Maize flour 160 grams
    Edible oil 20 grams
    Skim milk (I substitute with alomonds!) powder 10 grams
    Dried yeast powder 5 grams
    Salt to taste

I then make it into a dough and place it in the oven and make it into biscuits.

Why did I assume you were a women?
    She's not a womens?
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    A vegan diet will KILL YOUR CAT. That's the truth of it. Cats are so-called "obligate carnivores." Meat is what they can digest. They cannot digest vegetables or get the proper nutrition from vegetables. The only reason vegetable substances are in commercial cat food is as a cheap stretcher. Dogs, like humans, are omnivores but cats are not.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

math fail.

Sarcasm...It's not that hard to figure out. -_-

Sarcasm =/= hyperbole.

And I disagree with your assertion that sarcasm isn't hard to figure out as it is demonstrated frequently in the MFP forums that it most certainly is.
  • lunabelle33
    Options
    Not to sound harsh or anything,
    Cats are Carnivores, I am a Veterinary Assistant.
    Having said this though, You can try to vegan way for your cat, just go to your local pet store or vet clinic to see if there is suppliments you can get for your fur baby, as she does need the protien and what not and this way she will still get the nutrients she needs.
    Or else she could have alot of health problems and I am sure you want her to live a long healthy life :)
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I can't believe people are taking this thread seriously. Look at the post date, for pete's sake. :laugh:
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    ok first off I do hope this is an April fools but I can't be bothered to read through and find out
    if it isn't, then let me just say that my household is vegan besides our cats, they need meat! If you're truly concerned about animal welfare then would would realise that this is what cats need to survive!

Complete broscience.
  • LJSmith1989
    LJSmith1989 Posts: 650
    Options
    I can't believe people are taking this thread seriously. Look at the post date, for pete's sake. :laugh:

Whats your cat doing in that picture?

Dirty cat
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options

Whats your cat doing in that picture?

Dirty cat

Nothing; She's too fat to reach. She has no thumbs, or else she'd join MFP and talk about Paleo.