How is doing c25k? Lets support each other

Options

Replies

• rairai979
    rairai979 Posts: 52
    Options
    I just SPANKED W5D2 which I have been putting off for 2 weeks. I even did an extra minute for good measure. I'm not terribly fast but I am SO PROUD that I banged out 21 minutes of uninterrupted jogging tonight. So pumped!!!

Fantastic! I'm looking forward to getting to that point!
  • dayr1993
    dayr1993 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Im due to do the dreaded week 5 day 3 tomorrow so nervous I struggled with the day 2 but I pushed through so gonna slow down amd take it slow it really gets my heart racing and face beetroot (not a pretty look) but always feel proud once iv done a run as just runnimg for train before would kill me lol
  • Quest529
    Quest529 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Did W7D3 last night. It was pretty awesome :)
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    Im due to do the dreaded week 5 day 3 tomorrow so nervous I struggled with the day 2 but I pushed through so gonna slow down amd take it slow it really gets my heart racing and face beetroot (not a pretty look) but always feel proud once iv done a run as just runnimg for train before would kill me lol

I was nervous about it too. I just took it slow, my hear was racing so who cares about my speed? Try it. I bet you surprise yourself :)
  • bryionak
    bryionak Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Completed Week 8 Day 1 last night. I think that is the light at the end of the tunnel or is the light coming from the doorway being opened?
  • JohnDun
    JohnDun Posts: 140
    Options
    Ok thats me now....completed W9D2 today.....so ONE MORE DAY to go...and the programme is complete.....I am so tempted to do this tomorrow but I have not failed a day yet and kept as close to the programme as possible so might leave until Sat or Sun (Fri for rest day).......

It does get so much easier folks.....
  • bryionak
    Options
    Completed week 8 Day 2. It is weird. The start of the run seems so much harder than the finish
  • Wgbn32
    Wgbn32 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Finally got through W5D1. Took me like 6 tries. I'm so nervous for D2. Two 8 minutes runs? Yikes. Might take me another 2 weeks to get through it comfortably.
  • JohnDun
    Options
    Finally got through W5D1. Took me like 6 tries. I'm so nervous for D2. Two 8 minutes runs? Yikes. Might take me another 2 weeks to get through it comfortably.

Well done.....at least you are trying and not giving up....even if you drop the speed down a bit....might be worth looking at?

I have W9D3 tomorrow....was going to do it today but thought a nice start to Sunday morning...Its a great programme and I hope that you keep going on it......
  • Wgbn32
    Wgbn32 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I did try dropping the speed once but it didn't really help. I think I just wasn't pushing myself hard enough. I think once I get going with strength and my breathing I should be fine. Every once in a while I feel like I can't breathe in enough oxygen....like my lungs cant expand. Those are the days I struggle.
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit nervous about starting Week 3 next week because I know things are going to get real! That, coupled with the increasing FL heat, worries me a little, but I'll run early, stick with shady paths whenever possible, and bring two bottles of water with me. I'm gonna nail this! (Now I just have to remember that confidence when I'm huffing and puffing down the road.)
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit nervous about starting Week 3 next week because I know things are going to get real! That, coupled with the increasing FL heat, worries me a little, but I'll run early, stick with shady paths whenever possible, and bring two bottles of water with me. I'm gonna nail this! (Now I just have to remember that confidence when I'm huffing and puffing down the road.)

The heat is freaking me out too... if I go late in the morning I end up swollen and 1000 degrees lol. I am not the type to wake up at 4:30am and go for a jog so this is an issue for me all the way here in Ontario, Canada.
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Completed week 8 Day 2. It is weird. The start of the run seems so much harder than the finish

Yep - I find the first mile or two the hardest. I was running a 4-mile race yesterday and didn't start feeling good until I started mile 3.
  • emzilee
    emzilee Posts: 96 Member
    Options

I hear you!!

From the beginning to 14 minutes feels like an eternity! And then when I hit 28 minutes I actually kept going up to 33.5 minutes!

I listen to music as I run, and I try to measure the time out in songs, so once I hit 14 minutes I know that I have about 3.5 songs left... and then I hope I'm lucky with the shuffle! :)

W8D2 done :)
  • JohnDun
    Options
    Well thats it folks...W9 D3 completed today....really happy with myself....went onto and finally completed 1hr 24min on the treadmill, managed just over 10km....not all jogging but doubt I could have done this before I started C25K....

For everyone else, its hard going but really well worth it......you can all do it....trust me I did not think I had it in me to.....
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Well thats it folks...W9 D3 completed today....really happy with myself....went onto and finally completed 1hr 24min on the treadmill, managed just over 10km....not all jogging but doubt I could have done this before I started C25K....

For everyone else, its hard going but really well worth it......you can all do it....trust me I did not think I had it in me to.....
    Congratulations!
  • bryionak
    Options

Awesome! Congrats!

Completed week 8 today, legs are a little sore, but that is cause I did P90X legs & back yesterday also.
  • rairai979
    rairai979 Posts: 52
    Options

The heat is freaking me out too... if I go late in the morning I end up swollen and 1000 degrees lol. I am not the type to wake up at 4:30am and go for a jog so this is an issue for me all the way here in Ontario, Canada.

I started Week 3 yesterday. I did slow down a bit, but it was easier than I thought it would be. I try to hit the trails before sunset, it's much cooler than.
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    I started Week 3 yesterday. I did slow down a bit, but it was easier than I thought it would be. I try to hit the trails before sunset, it's much cooler than.
    I started Week 3 yesterday too. I was going to start last week, but just as I was getting past the warm up, my friend called and asked if I wanted to go do some strength training at her gym with her so I did that instead. I'm getting a cold so my breathing wasn't very good, and I had to walk the last minute of the last 3 minute run, but the rest of it was good. Hopefully this cold clears up soon. I'm doing W3D2 tomorrow.
  • Quest529
    Quest529 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I forgot to post it, but I did Weed 8 Day 2 on Saturday morning. The dog and I drove the car to get some service work done on it and ran/jogged back home. Holy Hills!