How is doing c25k? Lets support each other

Options

Replies

• Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I was doing really good. Then I had to take a month off. Know I'm ready to get back running. . My 5k run is this Friday. I'm really scared. I'm not even sure how to get started running again. I don't have time to start the C25K over. So I'm not sure what I should do. Do you have any idea?
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I'd do a couple of C25K sessions this week to see where you're at and then do the 5K and do the best you can. Is it one where you can walk as well as jog? Most of the ones I see in my area sound like you can do it even if you go at a modest pace. If yours is like that, do it just for the experience.
  • cgirlygirl
    cgirlygirl Posts: 49
    Options
    I am doing Week 3 Day 1 tonight when I get home from work :)
  • Bettyeditor
    Bettyeditor Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    It took me a while just to complete the entire week 1 day 1 as directed. but I kept going and now I'm moving on to day 2! I realize that I will be going slow because I am so out of shape (and I have major knee issues so I have to be super-careful to not injure my knee or let it get too inflamed or painful). But I'm just going to keep at it! Yay to everyone else on their progress!
  • LauriePar
    LauriePar Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Finished week 3 / day 1! I had no idea I could do a 3 minute run! Yeah, it was slow, but I did it! :smile:
  • Wgbn32
    Wgbn32 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Finally got through W5D1. Took me like 6 tries. I'm so nervous for D2. Two 8 minutes runs? Yikes. Might take me another 2 weeks to get through it comfortably.
    I continue to surprise myself with this program. I did W5D2 today and did it all....on the first try! I was so happy I couldn't help but smile from ear to ear during my cool down. I didn't think I'd be able to do it...and fairly easily at that. Though I was definitely counting down the last two minutes on that second interval. Lol. Now on to Day 3. Im pretty confident but still nervous.
  • Melissaol
    Options
    Tonight I was going to run. But my meeting had to take to long. So I ended up riding bike instead. I went for 4.28 miles. Tomorrow I hope I can run
  • rairai979
    rairai979 Posts: 52
    Options
    Finished week 3 / day 1! I had no idea I could do a 3 minute run! Yeah, it was slow, but I did it! :smile:

I felt the same way. I'm going to do W3/D2 today. It may be pailful though, I have blisters from my new shoes.
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options

I felt the same way. I'm going to do W3/D2 today. It may be pailful though, I have blisters from my new shoes.
    Me too! I don't have blisters, but I can hardly breathe. Stupid cold. :grumble:
  • lua_
    lua_ Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Moving from the gym to the road has been a nightmare, it's so much harder! Week 4 day 1, however I might go back a day as I'm hating it right now
  • sunshinestater
    Options
    That's exactly how it was for me this morning. I was dreading week 3, but even though it wasn't easy, it was most definitely doable and I still had energy left at the end of my workout. I lucked into a nice, cool morning in the low 70s, so I might feel differently when the heat returns. I have a nice, shady trail picked out for the hot days.
  • tennileb
    tennileb Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    W5 D1 tomorrow :) it's been slow but steady progress.
  • rairai979
    Options
    w3/D2 yesterday. I wasn't feeling very motivated, but was glad I did it in the end. I pushed a little harder yesterday and increased my distance from 2.1 to 2.3 miles. I have to admit though, I'm nervous about week 4.
  • debbie389
    debbie389 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    W4 D2 for me tonight. Couldn't believe I would ever be able to run for 5 mins, was so happy when it was over. Can't wait to have a bash at it again tonight. I just have to keep telling myself I've done it before, so I can do it again.

Not sure about starting week 5 though, might just have to repeat week 4 again, to feel happy about doing the full 5 mins.

:smile:
  • rairai979
    Options
    W4 D2 for me tonight. Couldn't believe I would ever be able to run for 5 mins, was so happy when it was over. Can't wait to have a bash at it again tonight. I just have to keep telling myself I've done it before, so I can do it again.

Not sure about starting week 5 though, might just have to repeat week 4 again, to feel happy about doing the full 5 mins.

:smile:

I'm glad it wasn't too bad, I'm starting Week 4 on Saturday.
  • bryionak
    bryionak Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I just ran 5K!!!!! Wasn't officially measured or timed, but i did my circuit which is just a little more than a mile, 3 times in 37:21!!!!
  • sunshinestater
    Options
    I just ran 5K!!!!! Wasn't officially measured or timed, but i did my circuit which is just a little more than a mile, 3 times in 37:21!!!!
    Great job!
  • Melissaol
    Options
    Good job. Nice run. Well the count down for my 5k is coming. It is this Friday. I'm excited but nervous at the same time
  • rairai979
    Options

Nice job!
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options

Congrats!! That's a good time! You're ready for a race!