Islam.
  • dan323
    dan323 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Roman Catholic......RC
  • emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    "On a lighter note I was once called a Shaolin-Punk because of the tuft of dreads I have on the back of my head...I thought this was quite amusing. :) "

Atheist, but now I want to be a Shaolin-Punk.
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I'm a traditional Witch, so I guess you would say my religion is Pagan.
  • freebird777
    Options
    Wait nobody said Goddess worship. I really do think that the creator could be a she.

I love you for saying this, when ppl sneeze I say "goddess bless you" and when something good happens I say "oh thank goddess"...just to see what kind of a reaction I get. Some crazy Christians get realllyyyyyy pissed.
  • freebird777
    Options
    Sex is my religion! :flowerforyou: AMEN!

HALLELUJAH !
  • icmuse
    icmuse Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I am a witch. A Wicked Witch of Eastern Europe ... that is :flowerforyou:
  • Cindy873
    Cindy873 Posts: 1,165
    Options
    Roman Catholic (non-practicing)
  • never124get
    never124get Posts: 163
    Options
    I'm one of those bad Christians that only go to church on Easter and Christmas Eve...Actually we stopped regularly going to church when they kicked my Pastor out for support gay marriage, worst thing I've ever had to see was my pastor sitting in her office sobbing because she was reading the hate mail people were sending her. I thought as Christians we are supposed to be loving and non-judgmental? I was born and raised in a very closed minded Methodist church with a lot of people set in their ways. It pretty much turned me off from organized religion. I just try to be a good person, I believe in love and the power of Karma and the whole treat people how you wish to be treated type deal.
  • jsimler1
    jsimler1 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Agnostic.
  • cmledwig
    cmledwig Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Technically Lutheran. although I have been baptized in both the Lutheran and Baptist churches. I think it's safe to consider myself a Christian. ;)
  • sheldonsteyn
    sheldonsteyn Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Dunno if anyones heard of it over there but born into, raised as n still class myself as Seventh-Day Adventist (Christian) Gotta have somethin to believe in I say! or life is meaningless! not baggin those who aint religious, u could believe in love or peace or anything! as long as it is somethin positive with good teachings morals and lifestyle I say its beneficial. Just my point of view!
  • jacalennejax
    jacalennejax Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I am a Roman Catholic by Baptism.

I was Baptized, never confirmed, but attended catholic school as a kid. I stopped really practicing after high school. but i'd like to go back to some type of church one day just for old times sake and to feel part of something bigger sometimes. I have read about many religions, and even practiced wicca for a while. I believe a little about everything.

But i still say catholic when asked. It's just much easier.
  • Schraudt814
    Schraudt814 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I am a follower of Jesus Christ :). I don't see it as "religion" since religion is basically a habitual practice, or collection of customs, that (to me) seem mindless and pointless. Rather, I have a relationship with the one true, living God. As my pastor says:

-"Religion is sinful man trying to reach a holy God. Relationship is a holy God reaching down to sinful man."

In other words, RELIGION is: trying to make it to heaven through our own efforts...living life and hoping that our good outweighs our bad so that we'll get into heaven...etc (it can go on, and on). However, RELATIONSHIP is admitting that you are a sinner that needs a Savior, excepting the fact that God sent his son Jesus to earth to die for the sins of man by being crucified even though he was blameless, asking Christ to come into your life and fill you with the Holy Spirit, and living a life pleasing to God, our creator.

Its all about GRACE. Coming to terms with the truth: that we don't deserve eternal life in heaven, but God gave us a way (ONE way) to get to heaven because he loves us, and he'll never stop loving us, no matter how bad you think you are. And it's all about MERCY. Realizing that we don't deserve God's blessings because we are sinful, yet God doesn't give us the punishment we deserve (hell) if we sincerely look to Him. Put another way: GRACE is getting something we don't deserve, and MERCY is not getting what we do deserve.

Anyway, that's my view. Jesus loves you!

I absolutely love this.
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I was raised Roman Catholic. Right now I just say I am Christian.
  • Zacei
    Zacei Posts: 14
    Options
    I was christened as a baby, but I class myself as an Atheist. I'm not one of those *kitten* Atheists though; I completely respect people with a religion because it's their life, not mine, etc.
  • SlickFootAnna
    SlickFootAnna Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Jedi
  • sheldonsteyn
    sheldonsteyn Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I am a follower of Jesus Christ :). I don't see it as "religion" since religion is basically a habitual practice, or collection of customs, that (to me) seem mindless and pointless. Rather, I have a relationship with the one true, living God. As my pastor says:

-"Religion is sinful man trying to reach a holy God. Relationship is a holy God reaching down to sinful man."

In other words, RELIGION is: trying to make it to heaven through our own efforts...living life and hoping that our good outweighs our bad so that we'll get into heaven...etc (it can go on, and on). However, RELATIONSHIP is admitting that you are a sinner that needs a Savior, excepting the fact that God sent his son Jesus to earth to die for the sins of man by being crucified even though he was blameless, asking Christ to come into your life and fill you with the Holy Spirit, and living a life pleasing to God, our creator.

Its all about GRACE. Coming to terms with the truth: that we don't deserve eternal life in heaven, but God gave us a way (ONE way) to get to heaven because he loves us, and he'll never stop loving us, no matter how bad you think you are. And it's all about MERCY. Realizing that we don't deserve God's blessings because we are sinful, yet God doesn't give us the punishment we deserve (hell) if we sincerely look to Him. Put another way: GRACE is getting something we don't deserve, and MERCY is not getting what we do deserve.

Anyway, that's my view. Jesus loves you!

TOTALLY AGREE!!!
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Everyone in my family is atheist, and so am I.
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    The First Church of the Iron Bar. We mostly drink beer (although we juice at communion) and follow the teachings of saints Medhi, Rippetoe, and Wendler. Here is a shrine to another of our icons, Arnold the Mighty.

_55916156_55914091.jpg
This discussion has been closed.