What's your religion?

Options

Replies

• super_fast
    Options
    Science refutes religion, not disprove god, but refutes religion. Jesus died on the cross 2000+ years ago beliving in religion, Im not going to be next.
  • perfekta
    perfekta Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Agnostic atheist comes closest to what I believe. Raised Jehovah's Witness.

Edit:Nevermind
  • mazzasweet
    mazzasweet Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I was raised Roman Catholic and in my early 20's developed a profound relationship with Jesus Christ in a Presbyterian church. I'm not religious, I'm Christian and I LOVE the Lord.
  • shaleyn
    shaleyn Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Jehovah's Witness.
  • ms_leanne
    ms_leanne Posts: 523
    Options
    Atheist (was brought up catholic as a young child).

I don't believe in god but I do believe in the kindness and compassion of others whilst still being wary of certain individuals.
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    Jehovah's Witness here.
    But, I think some of y'all already knew that.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    Jesus died on the cross 2000+ years ago beliving in religion

How did you come to this conclusion?
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Love is my religion
  • breeshabebe
    breeshabebe Posts: 580
    Options
    Officially? I am Reformed Baptist. I believe what the bible says about God and who He is based on the word. My faith= trusting 100% in the Bible.
  • mrshoneydew
    mrshoneydew Posts: 253
    Options
    But, I also practice some Secular Buddhism. Basically just vipassana meditation, mindfulness, and I do yoga all for mental, physical and emotional benefits that it has for me. And I really like Thich Nhat Hahn's teachings a lot, in his books and talks. He also has stated that he does not believe in God, souls, reincarnation, etc. So, I do not practice Buddhism as the ancient religion. I practice it as a modern, evolving psychology, philosophy, nice way of living life. This is all very helpful to me personally in very important ways.
    That's how I see it too.
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Bacon :)
  • Shootersplusgal2
    Shootersplusgal2 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Babtist
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    I don't have a religion, I have a relationship with Jesus :)
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I just like bacon

This is the best religion.
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    We were raised nothing... we celebrated major holidays with family who are mostly Christian but not all go to church. My Ma's Ma is Jehovah's Witness. She's the most religious person in our family aside from my Dad's Ma who is Jewish.
    My husband is Agnostic
    I am Wiccan-Pagan.
  • Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door
    Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    like Jesse posted I likewise don't have a religion other but a relationship with Jesus also:)
  • foxro
    foxro Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Christianity
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    Christian, Assemblies of God by affiliation though I would suspect that I am closer to C. S. Lewis in my theology than most of my contemporaries.

Interesting that you say your contemporaries. Meaning people your age group at church or just AG in general?
    At 46, I feel like I am stuck somewhere between the old crowd who was raised with no movies, no dancing etc. and the 20/30 crowd who is questioning and challening everything.
    It may have something to do with how hubby and I were raised; me Catholic and him Lutheran by parents raised during the depression.
  • IronMikeFox
    IronMikeFox Posts: 458
    Options
    I don't know that there is a particular religion that believes exactly what I believe. I follow the philosophy outlined in the book "A Course in Miracles". The best way I could explain it would be to say I am a "Gnostic Christian". I believe the teachings of Jesus, but not as interpreted by modern Christianity. I follow more of the philosophy of the gnostics that were shunned by early Christians who had a more centrist interpretation of Jesus's teachings and wound up establishing "the church".
  • VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Mums Catholic
    Dads Hindu
    I'm Atheist
This discussion has been closed.