• FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Raised Catholic by a great family and parish,

but I'm Agnostic.
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    Anti-theist atheist. Actually glad to see this thread hasn't been destroyed by silly in-fighting.
  • colorslide
    colorslide Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Agnostic Christian. I'm spiritual, but I don't believe in organized religion. Too much hypocrisy. I believe in Jesus's teachings to be compassionate, kind, love God and love everyone. Jay Bakker has a couple of books out that sum up my feelings pretty well: "Fall To Grace" and "Faith, Doubt, and Other Lines I've Crossed". Excellent reads.
  • zoober
    zoober Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Raised RC, educated by nuns and jesuits, atheist for the past 35 years. Linus Pauling said, and I agree, "I believe all complicated phenomena can be explained using simpler scientific principles." I don't judge others, but I get perturbed when they start in on me.
  • BOOMaggedon
    BOOMaggedon Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I am a Christian. Ya know what I love about this post skimming through it...very little judgement. No one getting all uppity. Just stating our religion or beliefs. Yeah this thread may be a keeper. ;)
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I don't have a religion... I have a faith. Faith in God and Jesus Christ.
  • thisdarkpassenger
    thisdarkpassenger Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    So many people have died in the name of "religion". If you want me to believe something, you better have facts to it back up...as the burden of proof lies on you.

I'm anti-religion.
  • BOOMaggedon
    BOOMaggedon Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I was raised Roman Catholic and in my early 20's developed a profound relationship with Jesus Christ in a Presbyterian church. I'm not religious, I'm Christian and I LOVE the Lord.

Man I shoulda just said that. Except I am nearly 40...but the rest is pretty accurate! :)
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    I don't know that there is a particular religion that believes exactly what I believe. I follow the philosophy outlined in the book "A Course in Miracles". The best way I could explain it would be to say I am a "Gnostic Christian". I believe the teachings of Jesus, but not as interpreted by modern Christianity. I follow more of the philosophy of the gnostics that were shunned by early Christians who had a more centrist interpretation of Jesus's teachings and wound up establishing "the church".

Who is the author of the book?
    What is the "philosophy of the gnostics"?
    How do you define "early Christians?" The disciples? Those who were alive during Jesus' time on earth? Those persecuted by the Romans or Jewish phairsees etc.?
    Who "wound up establishing the church"?

Not looking for an argument, just information.
    Thanks.:smile:
  • Aello11
    Aello11 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I just like bacon

^ this --- :laugh:

ok --- really a Pagan
  • coe28
    coe28 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    I just like bacon

^^This!! And I'm Athiest.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Raised Catholic and in 7th grade I read the bible...No longer associate myself with a religion. I was thinking of getting excommunicated from the church but I really don't care enough to put the effort into it lol
  • magmama23
    magmama23 Posts: 21
    Options
    Roman Catholic.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Raised German Lutheran. 10 years of Lutheran school and now I am just conflicted. I believe in God, but I wouldn't say the bible is really worth the paper it's printed on and I find I dislike most other Christians.
  • Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    FSM :drinker:
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Religion topics much like politics should not be talked about anywhere but in the confines of ones own home/church etc.... sorry that may be really rude but I honestly feel these topics (even as harmless as this one is) just breed anger/hate/drama.

And to be on topic. Born/baptized/raised/confirmed Lutheran... now firmly planted in agnostic territory.
  • kc0kiu
    kc0kiu Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Raised RC. Started to question it when they said my non-RC freinds would not be in heaven with me.??? Totally fell out of religion in college. Looked around as my kids grew. Church can be a good way to teach morals. Found my Christian church. It has turned around alot of my perspectives. No guilt as the RC church as a ton of. But look at how Jesus treated others, and follow his example.
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    None :)
  • dualcollision
    dualcollision Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Raised German Lutheran. 10 years of Lutheran school and now I am just conflicted. I believe in God, but I wouldn't say the bible is really worth the paper it's printed on and I find I dislike most other Christians.

I believe you are a Deist mam. :)

As for me, I'm an Apatheist... Which basicly means I just don't care. I've studied religion (have a minor in it from college) and I just find it interesting how poeple's actions/attitude can sometimes be based from their religion. :)
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I am Roman Catholic BUT I don't not agree with many of their teachings. I imagine once my kids are grown I will go back to the way I was before...non-practicing.
This discussion has been closed.