Fit & Fun Sized Group ~ May '10

Options
1235»

Replies

• light1980
    light1980 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    YEAH!!! I feel like I'm back on track...lost a whole pound this week :bigsmile: ...I achieved my goal for the week!!! I even woke up this morning to workout and I feel great!!! I'm definitely on a high right now. With Memorial weekend here, I'm hoping I can keep on track...I need to make sure I workout/go for a run during the weekend while camping...I KNOW I CAN DO IT!!! :-)

Barbiecat: That is great that you and your husband do yoga together!! :happy: Keep up the good work!! I know I've tried Pilates from a DVD and I just couldn't seem to do it from the DVD...I can do it when I go an actual class...maybe I'll try it again....

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!! :smooched:
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Light - Congratulations on making your goal. It's the first step.

Barbie - I'm glad you found yoga you like.

I've got a cough that will not go away and was at the doctor's today. She said I was still a little overweight, but it wasn't that bad, not like it use to be. I did take it as a compliment even though it could have been taken either way.

With the long weekend and not feeling well, I'm going to focus on being reasonable and setting goals for June. I finally feel like I can set goals again.

Jeannie
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,983 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: light, congratulations on losing a pound...use your great feelings as a motivator for healthy eating and exercising over the weekend.......we tried a yoga class and didn't like a lot of things about it including having to drive to get to it, but the DVD works great for us.....I have a pilates DVD that I've used a few times, but I'd love to find a good class some day.....remember, the best exercise is the one that you'll do :happy:

:flowerforyou: Jeannie, the doctor gave you a compliment and a nudge to keep on doing what you're doing......your ticker says that you're not at your goal yet, so you wouldn't be too happy with someone who told you otherwise.......you are doing great...you continue to be a big help to me:bigsmile:
  • usmcwifeb15
    usmcwifeb15 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Hey guys so I just found this group and I would love to join you! I am standing at 5'1 nice and short and yes I have the hardest time keeping off the weight. Of course my healthy weight range is between 97.9 - 132.3 lbs so even after losing 28lbs so far I am still considered overweight. I have another 3.7lbs before I finally get into a healthy range. I am so close it's driving me crazy. I have 16lbs left to lose and I think it would be great to have other shorties to talk to.:smile:
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Welcome usmcwifeb15! Glad you found us. Us shorties do have a battle to loose and keep weight off.

Barbie - Thanks for your encouragement.

My Yoga class is in intersession (the time between semesters), so no class until June 7th when summer sessions start. :sad:
    I complained that employees don't get intersessions off from work and these classes are for staff and not students, but my pleas fell on deaf ears. The good news is that when it starts again it will be 3 times a week instead of 2! But Fridays will have a different instructor. I wonder what type of Yoga it will be.

I am wondering what I will be able to do this weekend with this cough and sinus infection. But, I don't want to skip a day of exercise either, so it might be very low key easy stuff.

Happy Memorial Day weekend to all in the USA!

Jeannie
  • jzbaby626
    jzbaby626 Posts: 466
    Options
    Hey everyone. I have been MIA lately, but still have been checking in and reading posts. I needed to take a couple weeks and get my head together so I can get back on track. I gained a few pounds & don't like it, so I am back at it. I really need to get back to logging my food and exercising. A new month & a new start...here we go again! Since it is June 1st, I guess it's time to start a new thread. I will post the link to it in my next post.
  • jzbaby626
    jzbaby626 Posts: 466
    Options
  • light1980
    light1980 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Thanks Barbie and Jam for the congrats...I love all your support!!!
    This weekend was tough because I did drink quite a few drinks, but I didn't eat as much. Had so much to do camping that we probably only ate once a day, which I know isn't healthy but Rob, I and the kids just had so much to do that we just sort of forgot to eat until dinner time. I didn't get to exercise too much. The only alone time Rob and I got was when the girls went to bed, so our time was late time and sleep time together...I am getting back on track this week..want to lose at least one more pound before I go to Wisconsin Dells this weekend...I can do it!!! :-)
    Have a great day!! :-)