• OneEyeUp
    OneEyeUp Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mk01op5wuA1qbdw1zo1_500.gif

Gosh I can't stop laughing at this!!!
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    You may be right. Black and Hispanic men love me.
  • Thewatcher_66
    Thewatcher_66 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I grew up poor and in the inner city and most of my friends were black. I think mens taste in women has more to do with their ecomomic situation than it does there ethnicty does. My friends who became more successful in life, their taste in women changed to thinner women for every one of them ( including myself) My friends who's economic situation stayed the same since childhood, their taste in women stayed the same aswell and they still prefer thicker women.

Now this is racist. The initial post was stereotypical.

This post was so racist, it's almost comical.
  • LJGettinSexy
    LJGettinSexy Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Jason,
    I was just wondering how you can be pear shaped and athletic at the same time? For some reason, I can't picture that body type LOL
  • LJGettinSexy
    Options
    That's the perfect response
  • Thewatcher_66
    Thewatcher_66 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Well, pear shaped pretty much means you have thicker hips and butt and a smaller waist. As opposed to "apple" shape people who have huge stomachs and narrow hips. The latter is more prone to heart attacks and strokes while the former would be considered healthy. At least that what some lady told me at my company's health fair. lol
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    They all like me. I don't blame them.
    yYuL5GO.gif

Oh so sexy!
  • sugarandspice27
    sugarandspice27 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Think about it: Do you ever see a white female lead that is plus size and NOT a comedian or completely goofy? For black women, this is totally acceptable. In a way, I think other cultures are light-years a head of white Americans when it comes to appreciating diversity in sizes openly. The white culture still worships thin as the ideal stereotype.

Whether you consider other cultures advanced or no...white America 'worshiping' a healthy bodyfat level isn't necessarily a negative. Now...the modeling industry (which isn't a 'white American' thing by the way) is a whole other story.

Herrrrrre we go. You are now perpetuating the myth that only lower ranger of body fat can be healthy, if I'm to understand what you're saying. And if so, I've got some medical papers and studies to send you way proving which places are actually healthy to have fat and how you can actually be LARGER and healthy! *gasp*. Body fat percentage alone is a terrible indicator of health. People are not worshiping a woman's health on the cover of a magazine, they are worshiping her physique. A man doesn't walk down the street and see a hot girl and think, "DAMN she's healthy. I wonder what her LDL levels look like?" It's ok to prefer slender women or women of any shape, for that matter, but saying it's for health reasons alone? Yeah, no. Thin = healthy and fat = bad is a meme that's been perpetuated to support the thin worshiping. I'm only stating that lower body fat can be unhealthy and higher body fat can be healthy.

I'm all for society appreciating a diverse range of beauty and sizes where overall health is considered attractive, not just body fat.
  • sPaRkLiNgLYFE
    Options
    I grew up poor and in the inner city and most of my friends were non white. I think mens taste in women has more to do with their ecomomic situation than it does there ethnicty does.

How is that? How does a preference in women's attributes affect the kind of woman he is attracted to? I know lots of men/women who are in relationships based on their compatibilities regardless of their economic situation.

I think men's tastes in women are just that; every man has a different desire for a woman regardless of shape, size, color and how rich/poor they are.
    Like I said I grew up poor and in the inner city, Some of my friends became very successful, some of them, their economic situation stayed the same and some of my friends economic situation unfortuantely has gotten worse since childhood. AND REGARDLESS OF THEIR RACE, each one of my friends that have become successful , their taste in women got thinner the more successful they became.
    if someone lives in the inner city and prefers "thicker women" what makes his preference "worse" than someone with more money who prefers thinner women? i believe if a man is attracted to thicker women he will always be attracted to them even if he decides to date women of different sizes.
  • DiaryOfaThickFitWoman
    DiaryOfaThickFitWoman Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I grew up poor and in the inner city and most of my friends were black. I think mens taste in women has more to do with their ecomomic situation than it does there ethnicty does. My friends who became more successful in life, their taste in women changed to thinner women for every one of them ( including myself) My friends who's economic situation stayed the same since childhood, their taste in women stayed the same aswell and they still prefer thicker women.

How is this racist? If anything it's classist, but I don't think it's even that. It's just silly generalizations that collectivize individuals like most of the rest of this thread, though at least he seems to focus on personal experience.

Lets keep it real- its racist because the writer is obviously insinuating that blacks are poor and from the inner city....and now that I read it again it's racist, prejudice and dumb! his reasoning has no validation at all, its doesn't make half sense. Not only is he saying blacks are poor and from the inner city, he's saying that thinner women represent a higher economic status.

You would have been better off taking up for the original post......he never even answered that question either, just dumb!
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Think about it: Do you ever see a white female lead that is plus size and NOT a comedian or completely goofy? For black women, this is totally acceptable. In a way, I think other cultures are light-years a head of white Americans when it comes to appreciating diversity in sizes openly. The white culture still worships thin as the ideal stereotype.

Whether you consider other cultures advanced or no...white America 'worshiping' a healthy bodyfat level isn't necessarily a negative. Now...the modeling industry (which isn't a 'white American' thing by the way) is a whole other story.

Herrrrrre we go. You are now perpetuating the myth that only lower ranger of body fat can be healthy, if I'm to understand what you're saying. And if so, I've got some medical papers and studies to send you way proving which places are actually healthy to have fat and how you can actually be LARGER and healthy! *gasp*. Body fat percentage alone is a terrible indicator of health. People are not worshiping a woman's health on the cover of a magazine, they are worshiping her physique. A man doesn't walk down the street and see a hot girl and think, "DAMN she's healthy. I wonder what her LDL levels look like?" It's ok to prefer slender women or women of any shape, for that matter, but saying it's for health reasons alone? Yeah, no. Thin = healthy and fat = bad is a meme that's been perpetuated to support the thin worshiping. I'm only stating that lower body fat is not always healthy and higher body fat is not always unhealthy.

I'm all for society appreciating a diverse range of beauty and sizes where overall health is considered attractive, not just body fat.

/sigh...I'm speaking in general. I'm sure you can pull exceptions out of any group of people. First I never said thin = healthy and fat = bad.

Second...I'm sorry, you simply can't argue that in general an average group of women in the 20% bodyfat range, is going to be more healthy overall than an average group of women in the 35% range.
  • LJGettinSexy
    Options
    Wow, I've never heard this excuse before... what a way to remember where you came from.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    They all like me. I don't blame them.
    yYuL5GO.gif

Hahaha love it
  • LJGettinSexy
    Options

Wow...I've never heard this excuse before...what a way to remember where you came from.
  • sPaRkLiNgLYFE
    Options

How is this racist? If anything it's classist, but I don't think it's even that. It's just silly generalizations that collectivize individuals like most of the rest of this thread, though at least he seems to focus on personal experience.

Lets keep it real- its racist because the writer is obviously insinuating that blacks are poor and from the inner city....and now that I read it again it's racist, prejudice and dumb! his reasoning has no validation at all, its doesn't make half sense. Not only is he saying blacks are poor and from the inner city, he's saying that thinner women represent a higher economic status.

You would have been better off taking up for the original post......he never even answered that question either, just dumb!
    True
  • DiaryOfaThickFitWoman
    DiaryOfaThickFitWoman Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Well, pear shaped pretty much means you have thicker hips and butt and a smaller waist. As opposed to "apple" shape people who have huge stomachs and narrow hips. The latter is more prone to heart attacks and strokes while the former would be considered healthy. At least that what some lady told me at my company's health fair. lol

Lol!

all and all you can be toned at any body shape, or overweight at any body shape. Everybody has there own preference. Im a hourglass, yet I have weight to lose. My husband prefers thicker woman, and he's a butt man. Yet he says he will love me no matter what. So I guess when I lose more weight he'll be a white man with a high economic status.
  • LJGettinSexy
    Options
    I like thicker from the waist down, pear shaped and athletic. Don't care for skin and bones but I don't like those who look like they are at risk for cardiovascular disease either.

Jason,
    How can you be pear shaped and athletic at the same time? It's hard for me to picture that body type.
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Hey! ALL Cultures and Ethnicities have PREFERENCES! STOP trying to act like this statement is "racist" ...Get REAL. I think it is SAFE to say that Black Men Prefer Black Women, White Men Prefer White Women, Chinese Men Prefer Chinese Women...CHECK the MARRIAGE RECORDS, everything else is an EXCEPTION. NOW! The Specific Preferences beyond that is out there...BUT YEAH, there ARE Preferences!
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Hey! ALL Cultures and Ethnicities have PREFERENCES! STOP trying to act like this statement is "racist" ...Get REAL. I think it is SAFE to say that Black Men Prefer Black Women, White Men Prefer White Women, Chinese Men Prefer Chinese Women...CHECK the MARRIAGE RECORDS, everything else is an EXCEPTION. NOW! The Specific Preferences beyond that is out there...BUT YEAH, there ARE Preferences!

But.. but.. I like white guys.
  • LJGettinSexy
    Options

LOLOLOLOL!!! No Coke bottles then?
This discussion has been closed.