Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Where was your first job ?

Replies

• JonnyR214
    JonnyR214 Posts: 228 Member
    I was a bus boy at a restaurant in windham while I was living in the catskills with my ex

Well I tried my best to do my job correctly, the other waiters werent very polite though :/
  • babecon
    babecon Posts: 136 Member
    When I was 14 i got a under the table job at a veterinary hospital cleaning at night. The worst part of the job was I had to run the furnace.

At 14?! That is so grim
  • mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    I was the only competent cashier at Wal-Mart when I was 17.

You know, that one who has 20 people in their line but still manages to get through them faster than the doesn't-care-to-be-there-at-all-45-year-old-lady-and-smells-funny-who-only-has-two-people-in-her-line?

Yeah, I was the fast one.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    McDonald's. Started there part time at 15 and stayed 4 years. It was tons of fun because back then it was all kids working there. My brother was a manger. Lots of after hours parties on the roof :bigsmile:
  • rtarpley
    rtarpley Posts: 24 Member
    Taught High School agriculture/FFA at Lovington, New Mexico
  • WTF7
    WTF7 Posts: 140 Member
    Baby sat for 4 horrbile kids down the road-it was 22 years ago-and the parents would come home wasted and fighting- and Im still waiting to get paid!
  • KeepCalmNGetyaSweatOn
    KeepCalmNGetyaSweatOn Posts: 361 Member
    CINNABON was my first "real" job. Let's say I put on quite a bit of weight when I worked there, haha!
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    When I was 13, my cousin and I started a lawn service. We had a single push lawn mower and an edger. We also had a wagon that held a bucket, soap, and towels.
    We would walk around the neighborhood during the summer to see if people wanted us to mow the lawn or wash a car.
    A lawn was between $5.00 and $20.00 per cut (depending on the size.
    A car wash was $1.00 or, if it was a van (no mini vans back then) it was $2.00.
    But, we had a hook.
    If we mowed your lawn, we would wash your car for free.
    We would easily make $200.00 each every weekend during the summer.

When I was 14, I got a "real" job at Burger King.
  • imakimm
    imakimm Posts: 839
    A cashier at a local grocery store. It sucked!
  • bgelliott
    bgelliott Posts: 610 Member
    Hostess at Islands. Loved that job!
  • foxro
    foxro Posts: 793 Member
    At my dad's gas station - cleaning bathrooms, sweeping floors, dusting, cleaning windshields(yup we did that), pumping gas(yup we actually served)
  • Troy67
    Troy67 Posts: 556 Member
    1st real job after college was as a Psyhiatric/Addiction Assistant on a locked psychiatric facility at the hospital in my hometown. Worked various shifts between the adult psych, drug/alcohol rehab, and the ten/adolescent units. Every day was an adventure. lol
  • JessikaBlayne
    JessikaBlayne Posts: 1,457
    still at my first job, im a call center agent. i just sit here answer phones and press buttons for the computer
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    First job aside from babysitting was at dunkin donuts.
  • WilmaDennis91
    WilmaDennis91 Posts: 433 Member
    Worked as a bagger at the Fort Lewis Commissary for 3 years in high school. Funnest job of my life lol.
    All I did was do my job, chilled out in the break room, talked, goofed around, and if you ask anyone there that worked the same year as me, they'd probably say all I did was flirt lol
  • Will606
    Will606 Posts: 55
    Hospital Corpsman - United States Navy, Great Lakes Illinois
  • kestrel359
    kestrel359 Posts: 342 Member
    Unofficially, when I was 10 I got paid under the table to handle snakes for tourists.

Officially, McDonalds when I was 16
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Started babysitting kids when I was 12.

Worked at a driving range and a concession stand when I was 13, between babysitting jobs.
  • OriginalKatie
    OriginalKatie Posts: 119 Member
    My first job was meat packing at a supermarket butcher. So boring, nobody but the butcher to talk to.
  • Kaasie1
    Kaasie1 Posts: 25
    Worked at a printing company as a junior graphic designer for a year.