Dinner last night was....

Options
j_bark
j_bark Posts: 1,269 Member
I am always interested in seeing what other people make/eat/fry/whatever for dinner. It gives great ideas. I will eventually steal what you write and twist it to make it my own, but I still need ideas!

Replies

• mommytoaiden
    mommytoaiden Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    leftovers.

Boneless/skinless chicken breast marinated in buffalo sauce
    couscous
    roasted asparagus

bacon/cheddar stuffed turkey burgers.
  • j_bark
    j_bark Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    ...a Southwestern Salad I made myself.

Romaine, sweet corn, black beans, salsa, avocado, little bit of cheese and a squeeze of fresh lime juice across the top.

Also had a small turkey tenderloin wrapped in bacon. It was leftover from a kabob. Small it was, but it was bacon.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Last night was thai noodles with baby bok choy and pork in chicken stock & veggie spring rolls (fresh, not fried)
  • TedStout
    TedStout Posts: 241
    Options
    Ham, Mashed Potatoes, Stuffing, Gravy (lots) followed by 4 cookies. NOT RECOMMENDED for weight loss...but it sure tasted good!
  • NakedLunchTime
    Options
    A grilled burger with American cheese/ No bun
    pickles
    a whole Roma tomato
    Some muchrooms
    And a handful of fries baked in the oven..

SOOOO good!
  • JaimeMWS
    JaimeMWS Posts: 36
    Options
    Salad with lettuce, avocado, tomato and leftover grilled tri-tip steak, with vinaigrette dressing, and a glass of red wine.
  • tiffanyarowell
    Options
    A fail!

I tried a new chicken dish and it turned out awful! So instead of chicken we had leftover Easter ham, couscous and zucchini
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    20130403_122505.jpg

Actually, this was lunch today...dinner last night was boring..just salmon burgers and some roasted potatoes and green beans.
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    20130403_122505.jpg

Actually, this was lunch today...dinner last night was boring..just salmon burgers and some roasted potatoes and green beans.

Your lunch looks fantastic!!

Dinner last night was homemade veggie burgers(kidney-quinoa burgers actually) with homemade fries and steamed broccoli!
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Had Olive Garden Venetian Apricot Chicken with Broccoli and Asparagus for lunch and for supper had the salad that came with it and their signature dressing. We were out and about cuz hubby had dr apt yesterday at Sanford pain clinic for his back
  • amjo2693
    amjo2693 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Dinner last night was left over crockpot chicken (chicken breasts, a jar of salsa, bag of frozen corn, can of black beans on low all day) with brown rice. That will be tonight's dinner too!
  • bvddj
    bvddj Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    We had our office celebration dinner for hitting our goals at work.... I failed miserably :( We went to Texas Roadhouse. I won't tell you everything I ate..just I started dinner off with two rolls and that oh so good butter!
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Last night was chicken breast with mozzarella cheese and heaps of veggies. Husbandface also got crispy roast potatoes with some parmesan on them. Tonight was leftover duck from easter with mashed potatoes and gravy and heaps of veggies. :)
  • tayteetots
    tayteetots Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    taco about it taco about it taco about it taaaaco salad

IMG-20130402-00186_zps1eca9544.jpg
  • aepdx
    aepdx Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I made a strange, delicious soup with leftovers that I had.

It consisted of:

2/3 c. lite coconut milk (Taste of Thai) (100 cal)
    1/3 c. quinoa (75 cal)
    ½ c. Ragu (no sugar added) (60 cal)
    1/8 tsp curry powder (cal count?)
    1 cup broccoli (50 cal)

It was so good!!

And only 285 calories :)
  • wiltl
    wiltl Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Salmon filet marinated in a soy sauce brown sugar mix, alongside some quinoa. Tonight will be leftover salmon on a leafy green salad.

Marinade here: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/grilled-salmon-i
    Meant for 6 servings, but I did two.
    I also used Olive Oil instead of veggie oil and added a bit of garlic powder to the mix.
    I didn't do the lemon pepper or salt and used low sodium soy sauce

Grill or bake in foil packet for 15-20 or until done.

If I were smart and thought ahead, I would have saved some of the marinade from before adding the fish and reduced it to put over the quinoa later. Next time!
  • tom_olech
    tom_olech Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Left over turkey from easter, chopped up and put in a salad with:

2 leaves of green leaf lettuce,
    1 leaf of iceberg
    1/2 red bell pepper
    100g zuchini (i have no idea how to spell that)
    30g shredded havarti cheese, shredded
    1/2 hot house tomato
    3 tbsp roasted red pepper with parmesan dressing

....this salad made me love salads again, seriously, im a meat and potatoes kind of guy, but this was freaking tasty
  • purpledelight
    purpledelight Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    yummy baked salmon
    veggies
    rice!
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Husband is out of town so I am rolling on spinach salads, greek yogurt and pinto beans this week BUT I have a great page on facebook that has lots of great and healthy ideas and recipes.

Check it out:

https://www.facebook.com/TheSassyGourmet
  • aquapup
    aquapup Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    blackbean soup with asparagus and mandarin oranges