Dinner last night was....

Options

Replies

• rachelprogress
    rachelprogress Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    4 eggs scrambled with 28g Velveeta Skim cheese, and nearly a whole (small) head of broccoli, steamed!
  • pattynoonan9
    pattynoonan9 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    BBQued pork chop with Diana's chicken and rib sauce, stir fried brocolli and red, yellow, and orange peppers piled high.
  • mikeberthold
    mikeberthold Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Baked basa fish filets
    Roasted small potatoes tossed with olive oil
    Corn niblets with a bit of butter
    Tzatziki on the side

Total was almost 700 calories, which is usually about what I aim to have for dinner.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Spare ribs in BBQ sauce, cooked in the slow cooker.
    My 7 year old son made me proud gnawing the meat off the bone, a face full of sauce.. hahahah

(we had mashed potatoes and veggies to go with it)
  • kathicooks
    kathicooks Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Black bean, pumpkin, ham soup

Yup, trying to get rid of some of that leftover Easter ham. Sautee a chopped onion, add chopped carrots, celery, pepper, whatever else is loose in your fridge. Add 2 cans black beans drained, 1 can diced tomatoes, 1 can pumpkin (canned pumpkin - NOT pie filling) and 4 cups chicken stock/broth. Throw in a couple tablespoons ground cumin and salt and pepper. Let simmer till it gets a bit creamy - about 25 min on med-low, no lid, so stir it frequently. Add chopped leftover ham, cook another 5 min and serve.

Spectacular, high in fiber, really really filling, and tasted great. :happy:
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com's cuban quesadillas (w/ leftover pork shoulder from this weekend...mmm mmm good)
  • YoderKatie
    YoderKatie Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Honestly, a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Whole wheat bread, organic natural crunchy peanut butter and a little organic raspberry fruit spread... then I made hard boiled eggs - so of course I had to eat one to "test" them :)
  • barbaratrollman
    barbaratrollman Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I just had a meal of speed and convenience last night, so not anything near as fancy as some of what y'all had.
    Kale green smoothie and 3 soft boiled eggs. It was yummy though. :)
  • jillsjourney
    jillsjourney Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    BLT with coleslaw and I used turkey bacon. So yummy and low calorie too!
  • j_bark
    j_bark Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Repeat of the previous dinner, another southwestern salad. Though this time, snagged some awesome asiago cheese rolls from a local baker and had a beer. Nom nom nom.
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Last night, hubby was home late, so I made me and the kiddos chocolate chip pancakes and turkey bacon. Yums. I added a bit of shredded coconut to mine.
  • EmiBun
    EmiBun Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Roasted veggies:
    - 1 cup broccoli/ cauliflower mix
    - 6 asparagus twigs(ends cut off)
    - 1/2 tiny yellow squash
    - 12 grape tomatoes
    - 2 medium purple carrots
    - 1 cup sliced mushrooms
    - Medium red bell pepper
    - a few dashes garlic powder
    - black pepper
    ( I microwave the whole lot for about 3 minutes, then I roast for about 15 under a high broil)

Pita pizza:
    - Josephs 80 cal stone wheat mini pita
    - 1 tbsp no salt tomato paste
    - 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
    - 1 tbsp galaxy(vegan) mozzarella shredded cheese

To go with it I had a protein blend:
    - 2 tbsp hemp protein
    - 50 g banana (frozen)
    - 50g strawberries (frozen)
    -cinnamon, and 1/2 cup light soymilk
  • smartandtrim
    smartandtrim Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Nigiri. Had two pieces of tuna and two pieces of salmon, plus a tuna sushi roll. Good protein, nice and clean. Also made a clean ginger salad.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    Ate at my parents'. Had a Wiener schnitzel with home fries.
  • 212ackley
    212ackley Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    SALTY!!!
    I sooo looked forward to my husband making Steelhead Salmon and a side of Zucchini, Summer Squash, Asparagus and yukon gold potatoes stir fried in olive oil with fresh garlic and he ruined it!!! Garlic salted the $#!@ out of it,,:sad: :brokenheart: ,, I could barely choke it down and was so disappointed (and up 1/2 # this morning from all the sodium!) BLAHHH

Today I put together a nice big pot of spicy lean beef, bean and mushroom Chili! Can't wait for dinner tonight! :wink:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Leftover roasted turkey breast, couscous, spaghetti squash. Then a piece of cheddar cheese and a mini trader joe's ice cream cone!
  • j_bark
    Options
    Honestly, a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Whole wheat bread, organic natural crunchy peanut butter and a little organic raspberry fruit spread... then I made hard boiled eggs - so of course I had to eat one to "test" them :)

PBJ is one of my most favorite ever.
  • Spatialized
    Spatialized Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, Taco Bell. :sick: Sometimes life gets in the way and it's easier to make a run to the Border than anything else. 1st time in 2 months though!
  • j_bark
    Options
    Total cheat day. Local bar/restaurant. Got the burger. Only ate half, with fresh veggies and water. So all in all, very satisfying.
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Crispy quinoa bake - quinoa, onions, peppers, black beans, tomatoes, green chiles, cheese. Yum!