Dinner last night was....

Options

Replies

• majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Last night...not typical. My husband and I ran 9 miles with our training group, then came home and hit the Lean Cuisine, supplemented by bananas and some kind of vanilla protein drink.

Tonight...not typical, either. We're going out for barbecue. I'm having a half rack of ribs, cole slaw, and green beans cooked with bacon.

Tomorrow night, though, I'll actually cook. Planning on chicken breast, asparagus, and baked sweet potato.
  • mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Last night I had tuna cakes (tuna + breadcrumbs + egg + grill them) and some smashed/broiled red potatoes (boil them until almost done, smash them on cookie sheet, bit of oil, seasoning, then broil to get the tops/edges crispy).
  • JoRumbles
    JoRumbles Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    It was supposed to be tacos with homemade chilli, homemade guacamole and sour cream. But when I took the chilli out the microwave I realised I had defrosted bolognaise.....so it was bolognaise with tacos and guacamole.
  • jamebb
    jamebb Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Arugula Salad - Arugula, half a pear, feta cheese, chopped walnuts, vanilla fig balsamic vinegar.
    A half a cup of pinto beans with fresh rosemary
  • j_bark
    j_bark Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Left over turkey from easter, chopped up and put in a salad with:

2 leaves of green leaf lettuce,
    1 leaf of iceberg
    1/2 red bell pepper
    100g zuchini (i have no idea how to spell that)
    30g shredded havarti cheese, shredded
    1/2 hot house tomato
    3 tbsp roasted red pepper with parmesan dressing

....this salad made me love salads again, seriously, im a meat and potatoes kind of guy, but this was freaking tasty

Stealing this... adding some turkey breast got me hooked on salad again. Meat and potatoes guy as well.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Irish Stew... and it was yummy! :happy:
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Veggie pizza, spicy potato wedges and salad with balsamic vinegar.
  • papillon71
    papillon71 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Low fat carrot and coriander soup (116 cals) with 2 slices small wholemeal bread (112 cals) and light spread (35 cals)
  • mreffle
    mreffle Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Last night: Broccoli Turkey Casserole - http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Broccoli-Turkey-Casserole
    Tonight: Rachael Ray's Buffalo Chicken Chili - http://www.rachaelrayshow.com/food/recipes/buffalo-chicken-chili
    This weekend: Loaded Potato and Buffalo Chicken Casserile - http://bestlife4moms.weebly.com/5/post/2012/05/loaded-potato-buffalo-chicken-casserole.html

Soooo much sodium in the Brocoli Turkey Casserole, so next time will make my own cream of mushroom and cream of chicken soups.

Hmmm, I wonder how it would work out if I freeze 10-ounce batches of these soups. Anyone tried it?
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    ham and pasta salad with dressing. so good! My son ate 6 cups of it. lol
  • sallydurkin
    sallydurkin Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Roast chicken and roasted veg (cauliflower, brussel sprouts, onion, apples... was supose to have walnut and raisins(don't like either was going to sub but forgot to in the end) sprinkled with balsmic vinegar after cooking) mmm and fruit we have fruit at every meal (watermelon, raspberries, grapes, golden melon and kiwi last night).
  • ddky
    ddky Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    sliced barbeque pork
    yellow squash
    green beans
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Strawberries, grapes, hot chocolate, seaweed, peanut butter, crepes, oatmeal, ice cream cone, and buttered flatbread with cinnamon and splenda.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Pretty boring.
    I had roast chicken breast, cottage cheese, sweet potato, baby plum tomatoes and a country vegetable mix of broccoli, cauliflower and carrots.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been doing this lazy thing where i put baked chicken breast chopped up in a bowl with a bit of mayo, crumbled up goat cheese and a chopped up avocado. I mix it all up and eat it with a spoon.

It's creamy and tasty and filling and takes about 2 min to put together (which is important when you get home at 7:30pm).

Last night i "splurged" and had half a cheese bun with it *gasp*
  • Graelwyn75
    Options
    Strawberries, grapes, hot chocolate, seaweed, peanut butter, crepes, oatmeal, ice cream cone, and buttered flatbread with cinnamon and splenda.

I will swap. That sounds like a really nice dinner and right up my sweet tooth alley.
  • abadmum
    abadmum Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Last night was homemade fish curry.. so yummy and only takes a matter of minutes to cook.. had it with a salad rather than rice. ..

Tonight was 1/2 small butternut squash roasted and glazed with maple syrup with leftover braised red cabbage and broccoli. .. (was using up left overs in the fridge)
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options

I will swap. That sounds like a really nice dinner and right up my sweet tooth alley.

It was delicious. I eat pretty much the same thing every day. Lately I've been eating crepes, oatmeal, peanut butter, seaweed, ice cream, and some buttered flatbread with cinnamon and splenda every night. The only things that change will be what fruit or other little snack I'm in the mood for.
  • atrebor18
    atrebor18 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I had a baked sweet potato and tilapia for dinner tonight. i baked the tilapia with balsamic vinegar, garlic, and parsley. I usually use lemon juice instead of balsamic but I tried something new. Bad idea, it wasn't as good but I still ate it.
  • Graelwyn75
    Options

It was delicious. I eat pretty much the same thing every day. Lately I've been eating crepes, oatmeal, peanut butter, seaweed, ice cream, and some buttered flatbread with cinnamon and splenda every night. The only things that change will be what fruit or other little snack I'm in the mood for.

I will try that one evening, I tend to get caught up in eating vegetables and protein etc etc for dinner every night. A change would be nice. Though it would have to be on a cardio day I think, lol.