EGGS ARE GOOD EAT THEM

Options

Replies

• mcfc4tony
    mcfc4tony Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    This is a good read http://www.bhf.org.uk/heart-health/conditions/high-cholesterol.aspx
    The section headed I've heard that eating too many eggs can raise your cholesterol - how many can I eat? is interesting :happy:
  • wip1983
    wip1983 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Eggs and Franks Red Hot, NOM NOM!

Hmmm... never thought of that before. Now, I am going to have to give it a try :D I eat hard boiled eggs for breakfast every morning, I LOVE them!!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    But they still don't taste very good.
    Taste is subjective.

You're kidding. Really?
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Eat the eggs! Eat the whole eggs! Yolks aren't evil. Dietary fat and cholesterol have nothing to do with the fat and cholesterol on and in your body. http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/fats-full-story/ (ignore the crap at the bottom about replacing butter, dairy, and red meats... that's pure tripe).

JUST EAT THE FREAKIN' EGGS FFS.

Edit for eggs article: http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/eggs/

The next time you eat an egg, think of this...
    What you are eating has been squeezed out through a chicken's *kitten*.
    Enjoy.
    kind regards,

Ben
  • jamantha
    jamantha Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    This caught my eye because I worked out just about lunchtime, so was waaay hungry when I'd finished. And what did I crave? You got it - eggs!! Two lovely free rangers, hard boiled, but so that the (yummy deep yellow) yolk was just slightly runny. Mmmmmm. Popped them on top of a big bowl of salad veggies, added a decent (but not overpowering) amount of Heinz salad cream, and that really hit the spot!!
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    I hate the YOLK. I eat an egg white omlette with tomato, and ketchup.
  • FireEngineRedHead
    FireEngineRedHead Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    O.O yes ma'am. I will eat the eggs.
  • CrystalDreams
    CrystalDreams Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I eat eggs everyday. I literally tried to get sick of them. Cant. I'm about to go eat some now.........
  • teddabod
    teddabod Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    EGGS!!! I THINK EGGS ARE EGGSTREMELY SEXY.... I'm like NOM NOM NOM.

One of my co-workers tried to buy me an ostrich egg from Whole Foods the other day... due to my love of the egg... <3
  • sinistras
    sinistras Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Taste is subjective.

You're kidding. Really?

Yeah, pretty much eggs are gross. And what they really are is a hen's period. Eating period. Eating a chicken's loaded maxi pad. NOM NOM NOM....VOMIT.
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Jumping on the egg love train! :) When I make an omelet I use a whole egg and two egg whites, but that's only so I can save a few cals because I put a lot of stuff in mine teehee :) Like many others on here, I've been eating at least one boiled egg a day *since Easter. Little salt on each bite, yum yum yum!

There are actually studies that show that the cholesterol in the yolk helps LOWER your LDL number. So take that! *shakes fist* :drinker:
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    The poor egg, so misunderstood . My issue with eggs isn't that they aren't good for me, it's the extra calories in the yolk. 70 cals for a large, whole egg is fine if I'm only having 3. 17 for only the white, makes a great high protein snack and my cat loves the yolk I toss to her.
  • rtarpley
    rtarpley Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Variety is the key to our lives, relationships, and healthy diets. Eggs, meat, veggies ... etc. Log, monitor, live healthy, eat healthy, be happy!
  • chrome_princess
    chrome_princess Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    You say you do not like green eggs and ham,
    But try them, try them and you may, I say
    Eat them, eat them, here they are.

Sam, if you will let me be, I will try them, you will see.
    Say ... I like green eggs and ham. I do, I like them Sam-I-Am.

6a0120a74be1cf970b01348008829c970c-800wi.jpg

*excerpts from Green Eggs and Ham
  • mokeefe012
    mokeefe012 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    red hot...great idea!
  • TesselCat
    TesselCat Posts: 74
    Options
    Only time I separate them is when a recipe calls for just one part. (Arghh... meringues/custards.)
  • autniccole
    Options
    I have never been able to eat eggs :( I feel like something about the texture or the flavor or something really holds me back and every time I attempt to eat them, I gag. Any advice from all the egg addicts in this thread on how I can get past it? I honestly hate being "that girl that doesn't eat eggs" when I go to breakfast with friends!
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I love eggs! And now that I am pregnant I seem to crave them more. Hard boiled, soft boiled, scrambled, in an omelette ....darn ... now I am getting hungry!
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    ecce-homo-dont-want.jpeg
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Taste is subjective.

You're kidding. Really?

Yeah, pretty much eggs are gross. And what they really are is a hen's period. Eating period. Eating a chicken's loaded maxi pad. NOM NOM NOM....VOMIT.

And it comes out of its *kitten*. Like passing a giant turd.
    And people eat that *kitten*!
    And let's not forget - its packed full of cholesterol.
    Eggs? No thanks!