EGGS ARE GOOD EAT THEM

Options

Replies

• WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Eat the eggs! Eat the whole eggs! Yolks aren't evil. Dietary fat and cholesterol have nothing to do with the fat and cholesterol on and in your body. http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/fats-full-story/ (ignore the crap at the bottom about replacing butter, dairy, and red meats... that's pure tripe).

JUST EAT THE FREAKIN' EGGS FFS.

Edit for eggs article: http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/eggs/

The next time you eat an egg, think of this...
    What you are eating has been squeezed out through a chicken's *kitten*.
    Enjoy.
    kind regards,

Ben

No, I throw away the shell. That's the one part that I don't eat. The rest didn't actually touch the chicken *kitten*. :bigsmile:
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Also, I find that a boiled egg about 30 minutes to an hour before I work out makes a good snack and keeps me from being ravenous after I'm done :)
  • chkn_WANG_Train
    Options
    Don't tell me what to do! I like the 2 egg whites to 1 egg ratio.... Then I can add a bunch of other fat to my scrambie.

Also ITSA CHICKEN PERIOD!!!! Took my sis 30 years to figure that out n now she won't eat em,
  • iceey
    iceey Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Enjoy.
    kind regards,

Ben
    [/quote]

I think you might have missed biology class if you think that it came out the chicken's *kitten*. lol. But really, meat are animal insides. How are eggs different?
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I have never been able to eat eggs :( I feel like something about the texture or the flavor or something really holds me back and every time I attempt to eat them, I gag. Any advice from all the egg addicts in this thread on how I can get past it? I honestly hate being "that girl that doesn't eat eggs" when I go to breakfast with friends!

omg that was totally me! Something about them just made me sick, but they always looked so good. Then I decided **** this ****, I'm gonna eat them and I'm gonna like them, dammit! :laugh: I started out just with scrambled egg whites, and I developed a taste for them. So I gradually started adding in whole eggs, and found the yolk wasn't as disgusting as I remember it being (seriously--I used to eat a boiled egg and take the yolk out and feed it to my dog! Now it's my fave part.) Then I moved to fried whole eggs, yolks broken, cooked completely, none of that kinda runny stuff lol. Now, I can eat a fried egg with the whites a little runny if it strikes me, and the yolk doesn't have to be practically burnt. Plus I can enjoy Panera's spinach and artichoke souffle :love: So good.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    But they still don't taste very good.

^^ This. ^^
  • Lisafrazier71
    Lisafrazier71 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Please find a local farmer and buy fresh eggs if you're going to eat them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chick_culling
  • dimsumkitty
    dimsumkitty Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Eggs are incredible. They're genuinely my favourite food :)

And it's dietary fat that causes high cholesterol, not dietary cholesterol. Eggs are better for you than pretty much all meat.
  • sjwright66
    Options
    You really don't have to tell me that again! I just finished my morning egg! I actually look forward to my morning egg... It's a food that really kick-starts my day and tastes delicious!! :)
  • BBinNC
    BBinNC Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I eat 4 eggs whites a day, at least. I don't like the taste or texture of a hard boiled yolk, just not my thing. But, if I make an omelet or other type of egg dish, it's the whole egg. Perfect protein!

VIVA L'OEUF! ... (French for long live the egg)
  • caydensmom37
    Options
    There's always going to be some know-it-all in the bunch (who probably doesn't really know much). I think we all know what's healthy and what's not. If it works for you, then you shouldn't worry about what ignorant people think.

I agree that MFP needs an ignore or a block option. OR - even more fun...how about an option to splatter their comment with an egg! HA! :laugh:
  • shining_light
    shining_light Posts: 384 Member
    Options

Enjoy.
    kind regards,

Ben

I think you might have missed biology class if you think that it came out the chicken's *kitten*. lol. But really, meat are animal insides. How are eggs different?

... Wait, you're saying you think it DIDN'T come out of the chicken's *kitten*? You clearly don't understand that avian reproductive systems work differently than mammalian ones.
  • caydensmom37
    Options
    I eat the whole egg sometimes several a day..... Looking at my latest labs right now... VLDL is 9 triglicerides are 48 and my overall cholesterol is 141

I remember a while back being raked over the coals by some MFP know it all (Bobby Clerici) because I choose to eat the whole egg except for when I'm low on calories but still need more protein in which case I will just add a few extra whites. He told me I was not really dedicated to weight loss and that if I was acting so reckless as to eat the yolk of the eggs, that I'd never lose weight. WTF?

There's always going to be some know-it-all in the bunch (who probably doesn't really know much). I think we all know what's healthy and what's not. If it works for you, then you shouldn't worry about what ignorant people think.

I agree that MFP needs an ignore or a block option. OR - even more fun...how about an option to splatter their comment with an egg! HA! :laugh:
  • HealthyWarrior
    HealthyWarrior Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I :heart: eggs......yolk in all!!!
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    How Ironic I was eating one when I spoted this forum Yayyy eggs I love them :heart: :heart:
  • EmAnCiNaS
    EmAnCiNaS Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    that was a ver very long article, but very interesting.. althought i probably only remember .5% of what it said.. the good thing is that I LOVE AVOCADO! AND I LEARNED IS GOOD FOR ME...Now i wont feel bad everytime i eat the whole thing! :) thanks for the info!
  • maryjaquiss
    maryjaquiss Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    But they still don't taste very good.
    Taste is subjective.

You're kidding. Really?

Yeah, pretty much eggs are gross. And what they really are is a hen's period. Eating period. Eating a chicken's loaded maxi pad. NOM NOM NOM....VOMIT.

:huh:

1. Only mammals menstruate - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menstruation_(mammal) - a hen is not a mammal
    2. A period =/= an egg - it's womb lining
    3. You are eating an ovulation, not a period
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I love eggs. I don't eat the shell, and I'm not concerned with where it emerges from the chicken. Delicious eggs. I like them hard-boiled with cracked black pepper and sea salt. YUM!
  • iceey
    iceey Posts: 354 Member
    Options

Enjoy.
    kind regards,

Ben

... Wait, you're saying you think it DIDN'T come out of the chicken's *kitten*? You clearly don't understand that avian reproductive systems work differently than mammalian ones.

Ah, I should probably retire my BSc in Biology then. Such a waste of money!