EGGS ARE GOOD EAT THEM

Options

Replies

• ilmb87
    ilmb87 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Nom nom nom! Have a hard boiled one for breakfast most mornings. :)
  • Bighiker2
    Bighiker2 Posts: 100
    Options
    But they still don't taste very good.
    Taste is subjective.

You're kidding. Really?

Yeah, pretty much eggs are gross. And what they really are is a hen's period. Eating period. Eating a chicken's loaded maxi pad. NOM NOM NOM....VOMIT.

:huh:

1. Only mammals menstruate - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menstruation_(mammal) - a hen is not a mammal
    2. A period =/= an egg - it's womb lining
    3. You are eating an ovulation, not a period

wtf is this thread! lmao

I am ROFL myself, Coach! :laugh:
  • mlcantwell
    mlcantwell Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    The male chicks have their use as well, the bird of prey centre I went to last week uses them to feed all their birds (see profile pic).

I love eggs, they are nearly a perfect protein, containing most of the essential amino acids.

Save calories by making them with no oil, like poaching, or soft/hard boiling! I like to add pesto to my scrambled eggs, it's really nice.
  • nsaglian
    nsaglian Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Absolutley! No CARBS! Carbs are bad
  • Bighiker2
    Bighiker2 Posts: 100
    Options
    The male chicks have their use as well, the bird of prey centre I went to last week uses them to feed all their birds (see profile pic).

I love eggs, they are nearly a perfect protein, containing most of the essential amino acids.

Save calories by making them with no oil, like poaching, or soft/hard boiling! I like to add pesto to my scrambled eggs, it's really nice.

I was born and raised in Italy, so you gave me a great idea! Pesto on scrambled eggs! Thanks for helping me making lunch today!:wink:
  • stsanche
    stsanche Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    egg yolks make my tummy super mad. i can handle egg whites just fine!
  • Lauramh31
    Lauramh31 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    omg, now I'm a little freaked out - I should NOT have googled about yolks. I found out that white part (not the clear egg white, the tiny amount of white thick mucus towards the edge side of the yolk is where the chick would form and that if there is a tiny red spot in it, that means the egg was fertilized (?!) :huh: . I have seen this in my eggs.....I feel ill. Oh and I was right about that white long part being the umbillical cord... :noway:

ETA: In case anyone is interested: more research says that the red spot is just blood from a stressed hen and doesn't mean it was fertilized and it's ok to eat. Phew. And also the "umbilical cord" isn't one, it is just the stuff that suspends the yolk in the egg white. Phew!
  • Shawnzgirl78
    Shawnzgirl78 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I heart eggs too. They are fabulous protein and I LOVE adding ham, peppers, onions and cheese!
    They are one of my favorite things ever!
  • T_X_L
    T_X_L Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Eggs FTW!
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Thank God you posted this, because I have a dozen colored eggs in my fridge. Every time I open that dam fridge they call out to me, Just eat me! Eggs and Franks Red Hot, NOM NOM!

HECK YES on the Frank's and hard boiled eggs. Oddly, spicy mustard is also delicious on em.
  • ksuh999
    ksuh999 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Has anyone considered what happens to all the male chicks that are not required for the egg-laying part of the egg industry.

Do you know what happens to the hens when they have gone past efficiency in egg laying?

Eggs - a great source of protein, but at what cost? - no thanks.
    Hey, as long as the eggs are free-range, who the hell cares about those pesky male chicks. Right?

Hey, let's all use the assumption that the egg-laying industry has the same practices across the board. Let's also pretend that small farmers who take good care of their birds don't exist, and we should totally not eat eggs because factory farming makes some farming bad.
    Alright then. What happens to the male chicks from the farm you buy your eggs at?

Not that is is relevant to the broader topic, but they either raise them for meat or sell them to other farms that need a rooster.

In any case, presenting a false dichotomy is erroneous.
    It's not a false dichotomy. Many people are concerned about "ethical" eggs, and they have absolutely zero clue or concern about what happens to the male chicks. How ethical is it to be killing off those billions of males?

I have my doubts about your egg supplier using males for meat, since non-capon meat sucks.
  • estrange22
    estrange22 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Ate four hard cooked eggs for breakfast today:-) Yummy and I was very full!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    OK I did some googling and I feel really dumb about eggs!

Thanks for the chuckle! Hey, the yolk is round and yellow, just like a little chicken.... I totally get it. :tongue:

Add me to that group! :blushing: I always eat the whole thing. Even Gary Yourofsky calling eggs "hen period" didn't stop me.
  • danbdan
    danbdan Posts: 6
    Options
    Best way to eat hard boiled eggs: with HORSERADISH, salt and pepper!! Mmmmmmm!!

Lately I've been cooking eggs in the microwave at work for breakfast and they're DELISH!! One whole egg and three egg whites in a bowl with a dab of olive oil, cooked for just a minute or so (stirred once). Break the yolk so it doesn't explode!

Finish it off with a bit more olive oil, salt and pepper... AMAZING!
  • KatieSChaisemom
    KatieSChaisemom Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I do currently eat eggs had 2 this morning with sauteed veggies. However, after watching vegucated I am rethinking a lot of things.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    JUST EAT THE FREAKIN' EGGS FFS.
    Well of course! What else are we all going to do with all the eggs our chickens lay? (I mean, other than hatch them out and feed day old chicks to the snakes.)
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Has anyone considered what happens to all the male chicks that are not required for the egg-laying part of the egg industry.

Do you know what happens to the hens when they have gone past efficiency in egg laying?

Eggs - a great source of protein, but at what cost? - no thanks.
    Hey, as long as the eggs are free-range, who the hell cares about those pesky male chicks. Right?

Hey, let's all use the assumption that the egg-laying industry has the same practices across the board. Let's also pretend that small farmers who take good care of their birds don't exist, and we should totally not eat eggs because factory farming makes some farming bad.
    Alright then. What happens to the male chicks from the farm you buy your eggs at?

Not that is is relevant to the broader topic, but they either raise them for meat or sell them to other farms that need a rooster.

In any case, presenting a false dichotomy is erroneous.
    It's not a false dichotomy. Many people are concerned about "ethical" eggs, and they have absolutely zero clue or concern about what happens to the male chicks. How ethical is it to be killing off those billions of males?

I have my doubts about your egg supplier using males for meat, since non-capon meat sucks.
    What happens in "the wild" when a hen lays hundreds of eggs in her lifetime? Do all of them get to grow up to be happy adults? Get real. In order to maintain a stable population, 99% of chicken eggs that are laid do not result in an adult chicken.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I eat eggs every day! The yolks are the best part, mmmm.
  • mandagrl1
    mandagrl1 Posts: 20
    Options
    But they still don't taste very good.

This is my issue too. I have never aquired the taste for yolk in a boiled egg. Fried? Sure. Scrambled? You betcha. Boiled? Just the white please and thank you!
  • JeniferEverx3
    JeniferEverx3 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I LOVE EGGS! YUM! I eat 2 hardboiled eggs every single morning :)