Any metal heads out there?

Options

Replies

• JaclynDawn
    Options
    Yup. Two of my top 10 bands are Godflesh and Electric Wizard and I got to see them both live last year at the same festival.

SO.GOOD.

Electric Wizard has some of the grooviest riffs! Gah, they're great...
  • rugbyphreak
    rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I'm torn between metal, old school punk, and classic country... I know, I'm weird.
  • olsondre
    olsondre Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Definitely. Listening to Amon Amarth right now
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    In for head bangin'
  • JaclynDawn
    Options
    Totally with you. I like all kinds except the screamo.

Here's a glimpse into my playlist:

Halestorm
    Charm City Devils
    Buck Cherry
    Disturbed
    Nickelback
    Otep
    Ramon Ortiz
    The Clay People

How sexy is Otep, though!? My Confession is one of the most attractive songs, in my opinion.
  • BigDaddyRonnie
    BigDaddyRonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Yep...

Grew up with the hairbands, seeing Iron Maiden, Ozzy, Metallica, Crue and many others many times over!

Now I tend to follow bands like Atreyu, Bullet for My Valentine, FFDP, Killswitch Engage, Volbeat...

Metal Rocks!
  • Laurenmp16
    Laurenmp16 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I do like older stuff...pantera, slayer, tool, rage - not so into the whine/screaming these days! Wish they'd just go cry to their mommies.
  • JaclynDawn
    Options
    Yep...

Grew up with the hairbands, seeing Iron Maiden, Ozzy, Metallica, Crue and many others many times over!

Now I tend to follow bands like Atreyu, Bullet for My Valentine, FFDP, Killswitch Engage, Volbeat...

Metal Rocks!

Have you checked out Killswitch's new album yet? I've only heard their latest single, but the reviews are great. As talented as Howard is, I'm excited that the band has brought Jesse back.
  • MichelleZannone
    Options
    Big hair to thrash to death metal... I love it all...Motley Crue, The big 4,Megadeth, Mercyful Fate... I could go on for days. :drinker:
  • BigDaddyRonnie
    Options
    Yep...

Metal Rocks!

Have you checked out Killswitch's new album yet? I've only heard their latest single, but the reviews are great. As talented as Howard is, I'm excited that the band has brought Jesse back.

I hear ya girl! I am glad too that Jesse is back. Ironically, my buddy and I were just talking about this the other day. No, we haven't heard it yet but anxious to do so.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    I like all kinds of music as long as it is Pantera. : )
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    For me, the heavier the better. \m/ :glasses:

Since I am an '80's kid, I prefer the older stuff. Def Leppard, Queensryche, ACDC, Ozzy, Metallica, Rush (though they are probably more progressive rock) . That's about as heavy as I can take it.

Minus ACDC, I like you. I could get over that, though.
  • JaclynDawn
    Options

I hear ya girl! I am glad too that Jesse is back. Ironically, my buddy and I were just talking about this the other day. No, we haven't heard it yet but anxious to do so.

I'm sure it's on the net by now. I think I'll see if I can find it tomorrow and have a listen. They actually played five minutes from me a few months back, and unfortunately I was out of the country. They are such a great live band! I'd honestly see them again just for Adam. He cracks me up!
  • BigDaddyRonnie
    Options

I'm sure it's on the net by now. I think I'll see if I can find it tomorrow and have a listen. They actually played five minutes from me a few months back, and unfortunately I was out of the country. They are such a great live band! I'd honestly see them again just for Adam. He cracks me up!

High on my list too...but since I like the beer a little too much, the driving is risky these days.

I'll get to see them too. Soon I hope.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    For me, the heavier the better. \m/ :glasses:

Since I am an '80's kid, I prefer the older stuff. Def Leppard, Queensryche, ACDC, Ozzy, Metallica, Rush (though they are probably more progressive rock) . That's about as heavy as I can take it.

\m/

I totally agree--80s hard rock/metal fuels my running playlists!
  • red0801
    red0801 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    @ing Hostile" @ the gym earlier today. I had forgotten how Bad *kitten* that entire disk is!
  • JaclynDawn
    Options

High on my list too...but since I like the beer a little too much, the driving is risky these days.

I'll get to see them too. Soon I hope.

Public transportation, my friend. xD
  • Mustaine4Pres
    Options
    I'm here :) Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Testament, Candlemass, Def Leppard
  • cardiodude
    Options
    i dont listen to metal but my favorite is twisted sister