Any metal heads out there?

Options

Replies

• somanyanchors
    Options
    I'm not into metal, but I am into heavy music! Hardcore, deathcore, grind, post hardcore, melodic hardcore - I LOVE it.
  • somanyanchors
    Options
  • t2kburl
    t2kburl Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I've been a huge fan of Rush since the 70s.

I also enjoy: Maiden, Queensryche, Porcupine Tree, Twisted Sister, Ozzy, old school Metallica, Opeth, Dio and I've been recently re-acquainting myself with the old school Black Sabbath.
  • everett9239
    everett9239 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Love metal!! Lately I have been fixated on Oceano, Beneath the Sky, Pantera, White Chapel, Cannibal Corpse, Disfiguring the Goddess and generally anything else with growling vocals.
  • JaclynDawn
    Options
    Yes. Blind guardian, in flames, dark tranquility, nightwish, children of Bodom, Eluviette, and so on.

I do not like ridiculousness like cannibal corpse, dying fetus, immortal and so on.

Although, I'm a huge fan of visual kei, and crust punk as well. :O

Oh, oh, oh! Your taste is so on (though I enjoy some 'ridiculousness myself')!

Can we be friends? Lol!
  • JaclynDawn
    Options
    Thank God no one has said, "ASKING ALEXANDRIAAAAA"... At least if they have I haven't seen it.. Until I just said it.. But you know.

Hahaha. I've already rolled my eyes at a lot of these "metal bands". Not to say the majority of the bands mentioned in this thread aren't excellent, but I definitely think some have confused metal with hard rock.
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I wonder what a real metalhead would think of me. I listen to a ton of different music, most of it popular. I'm way into jazz, crooners, bluegrass, rock, hip-hop, and pop music in general. Some of my favorite acts (right now) are Steely Dan, Chet Baker, Elvis Costello, Supertramp, Pink Floyd, Gorillaz, The Clash, the list goes on. Now, I do like some heavy metal, especially classics like Judas Priest (with Rob Halford), some Iron Maiden, Van Halen, Thin Lizzy, even a smattering of Slayer and Pantera.

But the nerdy side of me is totally taken by acts like Blind Guardian (especially Nightfall), Symphony X (The Odyssey), Hammers of Misfortune (Locust Years, August Engine), and my absolute favorite band right now is The Lord Weird Slough Feg. If you haven't checked out Slough Feg, I'd very seriously recommend listening to Traveler, Atavism, Hardworlder, Down Among the Deadmen, and Twilight of the Idols, in that order. Who's with me?!
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I wonder what a real metalhead would think of me. I listen to a ton of different music, most of it popular. I'm way into jazz, crooners, bluegrass, rock, hip-hop, and pop music in general. Some of my favorite acts (right now) are Steely Dan, Chet Baker, Elvis Costello, Supertramp, Pink Floyd, Gorillaz, The Clash, the list goes on. Now, I do like some heavy metal, especially classics like Judas Priest (with Rob Halford), some Iron Maiden, Van Halen, Thin Lizzy, even a smattering of Slayer and Pantera.

But the nerdy side of me is totally taken by acts like Blind Guardian (especially Nightfall), Symphony X (The Odyssey), Hammers of Misfortune (Locust Years, August Engine), and my absolute favorite band right now is The Lord Weird Slough Feg. If you haven't checked out Slough Feg, I'd very seriously recommend listening to Traveler, Atavism, Hardworlder, Down Among the Deadmen, and Twilight of the Idols, in that order. Who's with me?!

I forgot... i love symphony X. :)
  • rainbowbow
    Options
    Thank God no one has said, "ASKING ALEXANDRIAAAAA"... At least if they have I haven't seen it.. Until I just said it.. But you know.

Hahaha. I've already rolled my eyes at a lot of these "metal bands". Not to say the majority of the bands mentioned in this thread aren't excellent, but I definitely think some have confused metal with hard rock.

Yes. Agreed. :noway:
  • BioMechHeretic
    BioMechHeretic Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Have no fear, I am here. Someone said metal. That's me
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    How could I forget Kamelot? Their album Epica is just that.
  • rainbowbow
    Options
    One word.

TROLLHAMMAREN
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Judas Priest on my playlist on every run..Old School metal head here.
  • lrr33
    lrr33 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    working out to bang your head gets me going! my husband and i enjoy watching all the old school metal videos on vh1s metal mania late saturday nights!
  • lrr33
    lrr33 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    saw them a few years back and omg! halford is louder than ever. rocked my world when he came out of a trapshoot from under the stage in his classic leather trench!
  • MissFuchsia
    MissFuchsia Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    My favourite bands are Tool, Nine Inch Nails and Paradise Lost. I've saw load's of bands live including Slipknot, Metallica, Machine Head and Type O Negative. Haven't been to a gig in ages though :(
  • nskerr
    nskerr Posts: 91
    Options
    I grew up on it. AC/DC, Def Leppard, Tesla, Queensryche, Dokken, Metallica, Megadeth, Pantera, Guns and Roses, Skid Row, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden.

Started moving away from it in the 90's into alternative. Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Soundgarden, Green Day, Rage Against the Machine, Tool, Primus, Nine inch Nails

Now listen to a mixture of all but have branched out some electronic music, some more mainstream stuff like Coldplay and even some of the top 40/dance stuff but I always will hold old school metal close to my heart.
  • JaclynDawn
    Options
    One word.

TROLLHAMMAREN

What do you think of their new material?
  • JaclynDawn
    Options
    My favourite bands are Tool, Nine Inch Nails and Paradise Lost. I've saw load's of bands live including Slipknot, Metallica, Machine Head and Type O Negative. Haven't been to a gig in ages though :(

How was Type O? I'm sad I'll never meet Pete Steele. :(
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    For me, the heavier the better. \m/ :glasses:

Since I am an '80's kid, I prefer the older stuff. Def Leppard, Queensryche, ACDC, Ozzy, Metallica, Rush (though they are probably more progressive rock) . That's about as heavy as I can take it.

I love all of those bands with the exception of Rush. I don't like Geddy Lee's voice. But Neil Peart is an amazing drummer.

Agree,All but Rush.Love Metallica