Any metal heads out there?

Options

Replies

• dezcast
    dezcast Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Metal girl. My kid even likes metal. Only thing she calms down to.
  • smaugish
    smaugish Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Bloomin' love me some metal. Death, Folk, Black (yeah, even the symphonic 'sell outs') and Doom are my main loves.

King Diamond at Bloodstock this year? AIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! \m/
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    hellz yes!!!!

5FDP
    Megadeth
    Metallica
    Seether

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Checking in to represent Deftones and Korn here!

EAT: Old Deftones:) Also a huge fan of Tool but I wouldn't entirely consider them "metal"...oh and Social Distortion!

Ummmm, is somebody hungry? Lol, that should be ETA^^^
  • More_Dakka
    More_Dakka Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Any fans of experimental/post-metal bands like Neurosis, Isis, Rosetta, Cult of Luna, and The Ocean?
  • DTorres2282
    DTorres2282 Posts: 242
    Options
    BRING ME THE HORIZON.....
  • pili90
    pili90 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Quoting Exciter I'm a Hravy Metal Maniac.

Here in South America we live metal in a whole different way. This weekend I'll be in a festival, 3 days of music.

I've noticed that. Why do you think that is? I feel badly sometimes because South America has some of the biggest fanatics, yet people don't tour there as often as say the states or the U.K.

I think it has a lot to do with our history, and some social aspects. Around here we are really passionate about things, not just music, and that reflects on the way the audience behaves. But it is true, audiences here are a lot more enthusiastic. When I was in USA the audience was very different. I think the bands are now getting the love we profess for them, hence them coming more, but it’s not often maybe because of the distances.

If you walk in Santiago, Chile, where I live you’re bound to find tons of metal logos everywhere, from classic to the most brutal ones.
  • chaoticxinsane
    Options
    Metallica is kind of my life at the moment. I've been agonizing over getting some lyrics tattooed for months now.

Ozzy/Old Sabbath, Seether, Godsmack, Disturbed, Shinedown...

Also industrial, the heavier the better. :wumpscutt:, NIN, Ludovico Technique...

Especially Ludovico Technique. @_@
  • JessieJanie
    JessieJanie Posts: 428
    Options
    I :heart: metal.
  • jmsouth5
    jmsouth5 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Godsmack is my preferred motivation when trying to burn some major cals. Love Halestorm, In This Moment, Black Stone Cherry, Five Finger Death Punch. But still can enjoy Pink, Christina Aguilera,. Rocker at heart forever.
  • JaclynDawn
    Options

Here in South America we live metal in a whole different way. This weekend I'll be in a festival, 3 days of music.

I've noticed that. Why do you think that is? I feel badly sometimes because South America has some of the biggest fanatics, yet people don't tour there as often as say the states or the U.K.

I think it has a lot to do with our history, and some social aspects. Around here we are really passionate about things, not just music, and that reflects on the way the audience behaves. But it is true, audiences here are a lot more enthusiastic. When I was in USA the audience was very different. I think the bands are now getting the love we profess for them, hence them coming more, but it’s not often maybe because of the distances.

If you walk in Santiago, Chile, where I live you’re bound to find tons of metal logos everywhere, from classic to the most brutal ones.

That's beautiful. I wish everyone was that passionate. Particularly about metal. I would love to walk into a bar and hear some Agalloch. Hahaha
  • CallmeFrida
    CallmeFrida Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • TwinkieDong
    TwinkieDong Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Metal is mainly what I listen too. I like allot of 90's stuff. :) I guess I was fortunate to be able to see MANY MANY shows (CA) back stage, free, and spend time with band members (cousin was a manager for several bands). When I moved to OK well that stopped. lol
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Like everything from late 60's/early 70's (Sabbath, Budgie, Blue Cheer) to 80's Thrash and hair bands, to 90's Death metal(Death, Suffocation). My latest obsession is slow metal(Doom, Sludge, Stoner etc). Tamed Brute by Kongh is probably one of the heaviest songs I have ever heard.
  • pili90
    pili90 Posts: 302 Member
    Options

That's beautiful. I wish everyone was that passionate. Particularly about metal. I would love to walk into a bar and hear some Agalloch. Hahaha

You should come here... what you describe actually happens :) Try looking for videos about Chilean audiences for the different bands and you'll get how it is...
  • More_Dakka
    More_Dakka Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Like everything from late 60's/early 70's (Sabbath, Budgie, Blue Cheer) to 80's Thrash and hair bands, to 90's Death metal(Death, Suffocation). My latest obsession is slow metal(Doom, Sludge, Stoner etc). Tamed Brute by Kongh is probably one of the heaviest songs I have ever heard.

Whooooa. I am liking this track. Thank you very much.

Check these tracks out if doom, stoner, and sludge are you your thing

1. Conan - "Krull"
    2. Enoch - "Space Wizard"
    3. Stoned Jesus - "Black Woods"
    4. Beast in the Field - "Invoke the King of Hell"
    5. Valkyrie - "Withered Tree"
    6. Saint Vitus - "Dying Inside"
    7. Sleep - "Dragonaut"
    8. Weedeater - "God Luck and Good Speed"
  • dakotawitch
    dakotawitch Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    \mm/ <--- too much metal for one hand.

Love it! From classic metal (Iron Maiden, Sabbath) to modern industrial (Tool) and everything inbetween. Bring the noiz!
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Yes. Blind guardian, in flames, dark tranquility, nightwish, children of Bodom, Eluviette, and so on.

I do not like ridiculousness like cannibal corpse, dying fetus, immortal and so on.

Although, I'm a huge fan of visual kei, and crust punk as well. :O
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    bookmarked
  • TattednPierced
    Options
    Thank God no one has said, "ASKING ALEXANDRIAAAAA"... At least if they have I haven't seen it.. Until I just said it.. But you know.