200+ (Week 29) Let's Get Moving in May Begins!

1235»

Replies

• akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Kendal- good luck with the baking tonight! Don't snack while baking them, and then perhaps you can allow yourself one at the end. It's very easy to just do a lot of little tastes, finger licking, etc.

Long day today, as I said earlier. I'd like to go to the rec center after my group, but I am not committing myself to it. If I feel up to it, I will, but if I don't, it's okay. I did hit my exercise goal for the week, and my body is feeling pretty tired today. Maybe it would be good to rest up a bit before the race. Tomorrow, I could do a some time at the rec center, but not push myself too hard.

Group tonight. Meh. Can't wait to go home and sleep. About to fix myself another cup of tea, because I am DRAGGING.
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Check in for yesterday. 2858 consumed and over by 1081. 70 min activity by mowing backyard with lawn tractor. Yes this activity is actually in the MFP database!!!

Amber - great to hear from you!! Of course you can join in all our challenges.

Kendal - good luck baking. I'm going to try 6.5 on treadmill but I don't think I can do it.

Kristina - do you have a texting plan on your phone? Less than 48 hours until the race. My calves still hurt from the 5 miles Tues but in a few min I'm going to do 2 miles on the tready - that should loosen them up. See Sat morning.
  • kimmrdodge
    kimmrdodge Posts: 190 Member
    Well, I went for my fourth walk this week last night, which considering I have been doing nothing this time is pretty good. My goal was to walk everyday this week but I have not been able to due to my 2 and 4 years old being really sick. Can't take them out when they are puking and well (coming out the other end) all over the place. Had to take my daughter to the Hospital last night to get rehydrated as she is not able to hold anything at all down. This has been going on for two weeks on and off tomorrow between my son and daughter. I really hope it ends soon. So due to all this there were 3 days I was not able to get out to walk. I'm hoping to get one last walk in tonight.

On the plus side I was able to get out and walk a bit last night and while doing so I thought to myself...hmmmm I wonder if I can run from this mailbox to the next. Keep in mind I have not run in over 12 years, actually I have don,t no exercise at all in 12 years. This week is the most i,ve done in a long time. So I decided to try it. I did it...and felt like I could do more but decided to take it easy since it was so new to me. I ran from one mail box to the next and then walked 2 mail box lengths and continued the cycle. I live out in the country so the mailboxes are a decent distance apart. My walk length right now is once around my neighborhood, which is 1.58 miles. So I was pretty happy with myself and found that although its slow as heck I can jog a little. I'd like to train for a 5k when I loose a little more weight and I think these small steps while getting there will really help out.
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Great job on the running Kim!!! Look up C25K - you are already on your way to week 1.

So my brag of the day - I haven't run on the treadmill in ages but today due to cold rain and wind I had to. It was so much easier than before. I actually did some sprint training (for me) 2 min and 3 min at 6.0, 1 min at 7.0 and 30 sec at 8.0 and I lived!!!!! Overall I spent 60 min on the treadmill and did a solid 2 mile run at 4.5. I soooooo on an energy high right now and don't really want to get in the car for 4 hours. At least I'll have the iphone to check in... Have a great weekend!!!

Tomorrow I have a conference in Livonia on rotator cuff repairs and Sat is my race with Kristina. YEAH!!!!
  • kimmrdodge
    kimmrdodge Posts: 190 Member
    Awesome, I can imagine there is nothing better than doing something you have not done in a while to find out it isn't nearly as hard as it used to be. Funny how things change :smile: I can't wait until I can spend that much time running at once. Great job pinbotchick!!
  • akasullengal
    Great job Kim! As Victoria said, you're already on your way to getting up to a 5K. Several peeps in our group have either graduated from Couch 2 5K program, or are in the middle of it. It's challenging, but acheivable even now!

Victoria- Holy treadmill speed batman! It's funny you should mention it's easier. A week or two ago I ran a mile on a treadmill after not doing it for a few weeks and it was difficult! I think my coordination was off after having not done it for a bit, and I now like being able to change my tempo when I'm getting tired/revved up, but that's super exciting! Makes me want to try out some speed work as well! Perhaps that's something I can do on rainy days when I can't be outside- substitute some for the elliptical. I can't imagine running at those speeds though- my short stumpy legs don't move that quickly! Or at least I don't think so. Oh, and to your previous question, yep- I have an iPhone as well, so a pretty good text plan, so feel free to text away this weekend YAY!

This day really needs to be over. Not excited about group tonight, and it's our session on depression, which is always a total downer of a group.
  • akasullengal
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: NEW THREAD Y'ALL:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
This discussion has been closed.