P90X vs HCG Diet (Lots of pics)

Options

Replies

• UFCGirl1988
    UFCGirl1988 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    wow your gorgeous! I understand completely about being "born fat" I too was born fat lol.
  • Stacjsteinert5
    Stacjsteinert5 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Amazing Job!! You look great! Your story is very moving and motivational!
  • shug458
    shug458 Posts: 99
    Options
    Amazing story!!!!! You look amazing and should be so proud of yourself
  • bluecrayonz
    bluecrayonz Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    you're my hero :)
  • mikeyh12
    mikeyh12 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Wow this was just an amazing story, you are a true inspiration!
  • theloft51
    theloft51 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Congrats, that is pretty awesome, way to overcome so many tough obstacles
  • FindingMyself24
    FindingMyself24 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Wow!! You look amazing! Those are some awesome results! Good job!! I have p90x. I was thinking about starting it up as soon as I finish TurboFire. I hope I my results will be as great as yours!
  • David___D
    David___D Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Wow, Amazing and inspirational journey, I am guessing there are quite a few who would have just given up.

Well done you look tremendous!
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    This story broke my heart and made me happy all at the same time. I couldn't imagine how painful it would be losing your husband. He looks like a great man! But you've made SO much progress. I bet he is so proud of you!
  • Minnb
    Minnb Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    One word:WOW
  • jess_goobie
    jess_goobie Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hw much of a difference do you think the shakes made? Im debating on starting them, did you just have them in the mornings?

You look awesome congrats!!
  • autopilot_on
    Options
    Being currently about halfway into P90X I am exponentially motivated by reading your story. Congratulations on such great success! You are truly an inspiration.
  • estrange22
    estrange22 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    This is my favorite success story I've ever encountered on MFP.....tears are flowing for you! Happy ones!
  • OperationBikiniFine
    OperationBikiniFine Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    This is a great story. I know your husband is smiling at you & your son. Congratulations and thank you for the motivation!
  • MsipiGRITS
    MsipiGRITS Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I would definitely encourage you to post more "secrets" of your success on this forum for those who might not ask you for your support. I think you have done a FANTASTIC job!!!! A very inspirational story! I definitely want to know more. Just P90X or followed some P90X dietary routine religiously, FitBit/HRM, basically everything!!! I too am running but I am hoping it will net some results, but am dampened a little by your experience. I also want to try P90X, but I'm leaning toward Insanity first. Thanks for posting and keep on truckin'!!!
  • think48
    think48 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Wow. Just WOW. You are amazing. Truly. What a blessing you are to your son!
  • ebonie101
    ebonie101 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Seriously, I was BORN FAT! In middle school I was called "Thunder Thighs" and heard "Crack Kills" giggled behind my back. I never went to any dances. I didn't try out for volleyball because I was afraid of the practices. I tore my ACL ligiment at 14 in PE. I Spent a year on crutches, had 3 knee surgeries and ate myself into a depression. I achieved my highest weight that year - 5'6" 215lbs.

Childhood7_zpsc8d79023.jpg
    Childhood6_zps46b2d568.jpg
    Childhood5_zps0e85e97c.jpg

The next 10 years I tried everything to lose weight. I did 5 rounds of the HCG diet (yes, 5 rounds!), Marathons, personal trainers, weights at the gym, clean eating, hard work, intense cardio, etc. They all worked to some degree, but I was working out for 2 hours/day 6 days/week I was not able to maintain my 172lbs. And now with a bad thyroid I was completely burned out!

Adult3_zps294512d8.jpg
    Adult2_zps14cb4eb4.jpg

Then in November 2010 my husband of 8 years was diagnosed with AML leukemia and after battling for a year passed away Christmas 2011. We have a 5-year-old son together that I am raising. I wanted something better for my boy. I didn't want him to walk in my footsteps. I didn't want him to have a fat unhealthy mom. But nothing was working. I was desperate.

Adult_zpsa31db2e0.jpg

A fit friend of mine had been telling me about P90x for a year or more. I was so skeptical and I thought what I was doing on my own would do a better job. One morning at 4am in the gym, completely burned out, I saw the infomercial. I was crying that morning missing my husband and felt it was an answer to my prayer. I figured I had nothing to lose so I bought the program and started using it with diligence and discipline.

P90xDay1MODEST_zpsa8568097.jpg

The first 30 days I had pretty great results. 10lbs! More than what the gym and trail running had done in almost a year. Then I bought their protein drink Shakeology and started replacing my typical morning green smoothie with it. Then something amazing happened - the next two months I lost an astounding 16 more lbs! I couldn't believe it. After being plateaued for over a year, I lost in 90 days with P90X what a marathon, and hundreds of miles of running and weights resistance didn't do in a year.

IMG_1212_zpsc69dc501.jpg

Fat kids can change! Now I am one of the fittest, healthiest, and YOUNGEST looking students from my high school. But more importantly, I don't have the diabetes, heart disease, or cancer that many in my family have. And my son knows what a good balanced diet looks like and enjoys exercising with me. I love having the energy to keep up with him!

IMG_1279_zpsf365cbb6.jpg

I would love to be of help to anyone who is struggling on their own and wants extra motivation and support. I am so passionate about ending obesity and helping others win their battle with weight loss. If you need a friend to help hold you accountable, let me know!

kidbeforeafter_zps7d9ac0e7.jpg

Marcella

EVERYTHING is POSSIBLE! Dreams DO come true!

this is really an inspiration! and the results are great! wish i had the chance to try p90x :)
  • kanegirl973
    kanegirl973 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! What a great result, very encouraging!!!
  • fysty75
    fysty75 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    AMAZING!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!
  • 14uqueen
    14uqueen Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Great job! Thanks for posting your story!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!