Meals Under 100kcals - NEVER GO OVER!

Options

Replies

• BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    If this post was made by someone who had 4,000 forum posts, 300 'friends' and a body builder profile picture it would be hailed as the greatest forum post since In Place of a Road Map.

I can't imagine someone like that ever even thinking of only eating a 100 calorie meal.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Shrimp and a huge salad. I've had days where I've eaten at a buffet or whatever and needed a light dinner option.

Zara.
  • chrisjathompson
    chrisjathompson Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    oh come on! every adult out of 5th grade knows that wikipedia isnt a accurate source. Thinspo gets a bad wrap because people with ED use it. ALL IT MEANS IS THINSPIRATION. inspiration to be THIN! no where does it mean I WANT TO BE A SKELETON! she obviously has a healthy goal for her height and weight. how ignorant can you people get?

Haha, okay. I will be sure to do more research next time or ask questions. Oh wait, my post was me asking questions.

Everyone is so quick tempered and defensive here. Did you all just need a cookie?
  • iwillbetinytea
    iwillbetinytea Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    If you would like some tips on how to do it without depriving yourself, though, feel free to send me a FR.

I eat 1500kcals a day, that's not deprivation.

I can't send you a FR because I need to fill out my profile properly and tell you my life story lol :P
  • iwillbetinytea
    Options
    Did you all just need a cookie?

Only if it's 100kcals.
  • chrisjathompson
    chrisjathompson Posts: 227 Member
    Options

Only if it's 100kcals.

Haha, but I am afraid you will count it as a meal :)
  • iwillbetinytea
    Options

Only if it's 100kcals.

No one eats cookies with a knife and fork silly.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas. Since it's currently 7:23 am and I have pre-logged all my food for today finding that I have about 146 calories left it's nice to know that IF I don't manage to do any more activity at work (because it's a very slow day) that there are still some reasonable options for dinner :)

Shrimp is a nice one for me. You can eat a lot of it for very few calories ;)
  • peachfigs
    peachfigs Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I am reading your blog, and I don't understand. Why do you need to "make it look like you are eating more"?

100 calories is not a meal either, unless you are on a 20 meal per day diet?

Gah do you not read?!

They are designed if you are at the end of your calorie limit. So you've gone over more than you would like to (office cakes pushed into your mouth, a buffet at a party - I've never been to one that tells me the cals of every bite, for when your period is raging and your womb is screaming I NEEEEEEED ice cream...I'm guessing you've never had that?) but don't want to go over your kcal limit.

Add a salad so it looks like you have a big meal on your plate TO YOU, so you don't feel like you've missed out.

You clearly have a hold on your diet, but for people like me (and as far as I can see other people on this site) still need help with their dieting. I have a binging issue. I don't get full, I don't know when to stop.

Take your judging eyes off me!

OP, you explained it better in this response above ^, so perhaps you could revise the blog post a little? The ideas are great but the way you worded it is a little misleading. :smile:
  • iwillbetinytea
    Options
    I am reading your blog, and I don't understand. Why do you need to "make it look like you are eating more"?

100 calories is not a meal either, unless you are on a 20 meal per day diet?

Gah do you not read?!

They are designed if you are at the end of your calorie limit. So you've gone over more than you would like to (office cakes pushed into your mouth, a buffet at a party - I've never been to one that tells me the cals of every bite, for when your period is raging and your womb is screaming I NEEEEEEED ice cream...I'm guessing you've never had that?) but don't want to go over your kcal limit.

Add a salad so it looks like you have a big meal on your plate TO YOU, so you don't feel like you've missed out.

You clearly have a hold on your diet, but for people like me (and as far as I can see other people on this site) still need help with their dieting. I have a binging issue. I don't get full, I don't know when to stop.

Take your judging eyes off me!

OP, you explained it better in this response above ^, so perhaps you could revise the blog post a little? The ideas are great but the way you worded it is a little misleading. :smile:

Some useful advice, maybe I will :)
  • MuslimahMama
    MuslimahMama Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    thanks for list - very handy !
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Bumping to keep the list of recipes. I'm always hungry, so it's good to have a store of low kcal recipes to dip into, thanks! :)
  • jackieg218
    jackieg218 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • peachfigs
    peachfigs Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    Also, to OP... are you new here? Judging from your number of posts and join date I will assume so for now. Don't let the negative people upset you on these forums. I have noticed that more often than not, people will take one small thing you said completely out of context and then use it against you, a little like what has happened to you on this thread.
  • dovetail22uk
    dovetail22uk Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Thinspo isn't all proana. There's good thinspo too. I don't want to look at skin on skeletons - honest, it isn't a good look! But if that is the only thing people are clearly taking from this post, I must write my whole life story on my profile!
    It just goes to show to be a bit more informed before you make a comment that could possible hurt someone.

Type in google "what is thinspro" or just go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thinspo
    oh come on! every adult out of 5th grade knows that wikipedia isnt a accurate source. Thinspo gets a bad wrap because people with ED use it. ALL IT MEANS IS THINSPIRATION. inspiration to be THIN! no where does it mean I WANT TO BE A SKELETON! she obviously has a healthy goal for her height and weight. how ignorant can you people get?

They have adults in the 5th grade?
  • missjojo31
    missjojo31 Posts: 150
    Options
    I like this list, i can see where the OP is coming from
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options

Only if it's 100kcals.

No one eats cookies with a knife and fork silly.

Actually there are some people who do - if they don't like touching food.
    *I'm not one of them, I'll take a cookie though =]

I do like your tip about the baking soda on hard boiled eggs, I might try that.

You've got some really good ideas, I might snag some for snacks though.

I agree with other posters that you might want to re-word the beginning because it does send up some flags.

Another thing, I've compared light tuna & regular tuna in a can and there's barely a difference. So personally, I'd use regular.
    Also, what could you use instead of ground flaxmeal? It's not something I keep on hand and I haven't heard of it before so I wouldn't go buy it. Think same amount of breadcrumbs would be a good sub? (over 100 cals is fine for me haha)
  • tonrob38
    tonrob38 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I also think its a good idea to have a list of things you can eat without ruining your whole day, there are times I am just hungry, if I have reached my cal limit for the day, its nice to have options, so that I don't completely go off track.
    lets all be nice!
    what works for you might not work for everyone.
  • iwillbetinytea
    Options

Actually there are some people who do - if they don't like touching food.
    *I'm not one of them, I'll take a cookie though =]

I do like your tip about the baking soda on hard boiled eggs, I might try that.

You've got some really good ideas, I might snag some for snacks though.

I agree with other posters that you might want to re-word the beginning because it does send up some flags.

Another thing, I've compared light tuna & regular tuna in a can and there's barely a difference. So personally, I'd use regular.
    Also, what could you use instead of ground flaxmeal? It's not something I keep on hand and I haven't heard of it before so I wouldn't go buy it. Think same amount of breadcrumbs would be a good sub? (over 100 cals is fine for me haha)

Some of the 'recipes' I've copied so I don't think there is a difference between the two tunas :)

Any type of flour will sub flax, breadcrumbs do sound good. Probably around the same cals I should think!
  • Tateyhead88
    Options
    bump