Meals Under 100kcals - NEVER GO OVER!

Options

Replies

• iwillbetinytea
    iwillbetinytea Posts: 264 Member
    Options

I have lost 50 lbs in a very long 9 months. I think I am quite capable of calculating my calorie base and considering I eat back every scrap of exercise calories it's not like I starve. I eat around 1800 calories a day - IF I CAN EXERCISE. If I can't then my goal is considerably lower. Obviously you have never been in a position where you decided one day that you would like to eat the muffin that someone bought you for breakfast thinking it was alright because you had a walk planned later that day...of course when the walk does not happen for whatever reason you are stuck needing to eat something very light for dinner. Most people don't eat like this all the time but it is nice (and helpful) when someone posts things that can be used to help with those days that most of us have occasionally.

I find it helpful to have a list but I don't find it helpful that someone will insinuate that just because we see the value in this list that we do not have reasonable goals or are incapable of eating properly. If you do not see the value then there is no requirement that you comment. Don't assume that everyone who thinks this is a good idea has some ED.

Who cares who is on someone's friend list? You don't have to be their friend. The idea is useful. I will take that and use it to help me in my journey because that's why I am here.

Thank you for your support :) good look on your weight loss journey :D
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

I'll do neither. I'll do what I think is the right thing and bring attention to everything mentioned above.

Lol you're like the Westboro' church of the dieting world. Go picket a support group or something.

Wow really?

tumblr_luozlcDVe41r6aoq4o1_500_zpse634502b.gif
  • leap314
    leap314 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MrsGriffin67
    MrsGriffin67 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I read this in your blog. Sounds yummy!
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    I am reading your blog, and I don't understand. Why do you need to "make it look like you are eating more"?

100 calories is not a meal either, unless you are on a 20 meal per day diet?

This was my thought exactly. It's nice that you're sharing some of your favorite recipes, but please don't label anything under 100cals as a "meal". Everyone on here is on a MINIMUM of 1200 cals (and many of us are on much more), so unless you're eating 12+ times a day, there's no reason your meals need to be this scrawny.

I mean, these recipes are good, don't get me wrong. But a cup of zucchini slices with a tiny bit of parmesan? Not a meal. Sorry.

And yeah, the fact that you said you need to make it look like you're eating more is also a bit concerning...

ETA: Also, I get that sometimes you have more than you plan to for breakfast or lunch, so you need to have a smaller dinner. We've all been there, and recipes like this CAN come in handy. I'm not saying I have an issue with these recipes, but I do have an issue with calling them meals. They're barely snacks.
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Nice recipes! I would use as a snack or incorporate it into a meal. Thanks!
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I am reading your blog, and I don't understand. Why do you need to "make it look like you are eating more"?

100 calories is not a meal either, unless you are on a 20 meal per day diet?

Her inpirations is listed as "thinspo".

explains a lot
  • iwillbetinytea
    Options

This was my thought exactly. It's nice that you're sharing some of your favorite recipes, but please don't label anything under 100cals as a "meal". Everyone on here is on a MINIMUM of 1200 cals (and many of us are on much more), so unless you're eating 12+ times a day, there's no reason your meals need to be this scrawny.

I mean, these recipes are good, don't get me wrong. But a cup of zucchini slices with a tiny bit of parmesan? Not a meal. Sorry.

And yeah, the fact that you said you need to make it look like you're eating more is also a bit concerning...

I'm on 1500 as I mentioned earlier, they're not technically meals I know...but whenever I have 100kcals left and I'm craving something a bit more than an apple, or something on a cracker, I like to make something I can eat with a knife and fork.

I just meant that it is supposed to look like more to you, not to other people. Like they say eat off a smaller plate because you think you're eating more.
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    This is brilliant for me when my partner wants to go out to sup, making tea essential for curbing some of that ravenous hunger before the reservation. Or on frequent snacking days. Or anytime that a protein bar would be acceptable but I have time to cook.

Why is everyone so upset?

They think I'm trying to make anyone starve to death. But you hit it on the head, it's exactly for times like when you have listed :)

Look, you've got a friends list full of young women with names and pics that are clearly indicative of eating disorders and you post tips on how to eat practically nothing and avoid getting questioned on it. Tell me how we shouldn't make assumptions, without coming all unhinged.
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    This is brilliant for me when my partner wants to go out to sup, making tea essential for curbing some of that ravenous hunger before the reservation. Or on frequent snacking days. Or anytime that a protein bar would be acceptable but I have time to cook.

Why is everyone so upset?

They think I'm trying to make anyone starve to death. But you hit it on the head, it's exactly for times like when you have listed :)

Those times are when you need a snack, not a meal. 100 calories is not a meal. Ever.
  • Jataelle
    Jataelle Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    :smile: So Awesome! Thanks for sharing!!!
  • tayteetots
    tayteetots Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I know that sticking to my calorie limit, no matter how little it means my dinner may be because I slipped up in the day is a good thing to me. It gives me a little control back.

Sorry OP but controlling your food intake (and feeling as if you have some control in your life) is exactly what EDs are all about.
  • harleenarang
    harleenarang Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Bump for later !! Thanks :)
  • RATSMITH69
    RATSMITH69 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Love this!

Thanks for the hard work in pulling it all together and a huge THANK YOU for putting up with all of the BS from people who take three words out of a sentence and judge your whole world on it.

I don't have the raging hormonal periods anymore but I sure have those emotional "I wanna eat now" moments. These will satisfy that "need" and help keep me on track!
  • iwillbetinytea
    Options
    Look, you've got a friends list full of young women with names and pics that are clearly indicative of eating disorders and you post tips on how to eat practically nothing and avoid getting questioned on it. Tell me how we shouldn't make assumptions, without coming all unhinged.

They're not 'tips' they're meal/snack (whatever you want to call them, if meal offends you...) suggestions on how to stick within your calorie budget.

The people I am friends with on here have nothing to do with my current feelings on dieting. I want to get to 131lbs which is perfectly acceptable for a 5' 3" girl. You are judgemental and rude. Two things you never mentioned on your profile on how you want to bring your daughter up.
  • iwillbetinytea
    Options
    Sorry OP but controlling your food intake (and feeling as if you have some control in your life) is exactly what EDs are all about.

Controlling it to 1500kcal is an ED? Seriously?
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options

I'm on 1500 as I mentioned earlier, they're not technically meals I know...but whenever I have 100kcals left and I'm craving something a bit more than an apple, or something on a cracker, I like to make something I can eat with a knife and fork.

I just meant that it is supposed to look like more to you, not to other people. Like they say eat off a smaller plate because you think you're eating more.

That's understandable. And if you saw what I added to my post, I can understand why these recipes come in handy, and I like them! I just have an issue with calling them "meals" because even if you didn't mean it this way, some people can take that and go really bad places with it. I know way too many borderline-ED people who will eat a cup of zucchini and call it dinner, and posts like this can encourage that. Especially because it mentioned making it look like you're eating more. Again, I understand that wasn't your intention. Just wanted to explain how this kind of thing can be harmful.
  • iwillbetinytea
    Options
    Love this!

Thanks for the hard work in pulling it all together and a huge THANK YOU for putting up with all of the BS from people who take three words out of a sentence and judge your whole world on it.

Thank you!!!
  • newbeg1ning
    newbeg1ning Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mom2kpr
    mom2kpr Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I know that sticking to my calorie limit, no matter how little it means my dinner may be because I slipped up in the day is a good thing to me. It gives me a little control back.

We are all controlling our food intake by tracking calories & exercise - that's why we are here. Those of us that are severely overweight got this way because we didn't control out food intake.