What was your wake up call?

15678911»

Replies

• LunaMischief
    LunaMischief Posts: 166 Member
    I keep having to buy bigger clothes. None of them fit right now, and I'm not willing to buy yet another wardrobe to cater to my expanding waistline. I hate how when I get home from work I have to immediately change into sweatpants because my work clothes are so uncomfortable.

I went to Kohls last week to get more work pants and got really depressed at the size that actually fits comfortably.

But what was really my wake up call was seeing a picture posted of me on Facebook, from my senior year of high school. I was a lot more skinnier and confident then, and it was only 5 years ago! I want to be like that again.

So instead of getting more clothes, it's time to shrink down and make them fit again!
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Its terrible when the wardrobe shrinks your clothes!:wink: Each season over the last 18 months I've got out the previous set of clothes and they've been too small. I put on a dress the other day I bought last summer and hubby said"it doesn't fit very well" - but this time it was because it was too big:happy: :happy: :happy: Hurrah for MFP:drinker:
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Emergency surgery, in the first case. I lost a bunch of weight after that but put half back on. I started back at it when I was having all sorts of aches and pains, blood sugar issues, mood swings, etc. I was feeling awful and I knew what I had to do to fix it. That was last July and I'm still going strong. :drinker:
  • BunBun85
    BunBun85 Posts: 246 Member
    #1) I would love to be a mother some day. My doctor told me that she could refer me to a gynecologist but that they wouldn't do anything for me because of my weight. I am 5'2 and was 316 pounds.
    I am still 5'2 and now 222 pounds. I finally got my referral and should have an appointment in the next month. I am hoping that they will help me now and not tell me that I need to lose the other 58 pounds first. Of course I am going to continue working towards that.
    #2) Normally I turn away from pictures so that you can't see my face in them. I saw one that my mum-in-law had taken of me in a white sweater and I looked like the big marshmallow man from Ghostbusters.
    94 pounds later and she now has one photo of me looking right at the camera and smiling from ear to ear.
  • angel_of_harmony
    angel_of_harmony Posts: 188 Member
    When I could no longer wear juniors size clothing. Also having to be hospitalized for 5 days due to my pancreas inflaming. That is what I call an expensive wake up call!
  • krhn
    krhn Posts: 781 Member
    I told myself '*kitten* it, stop being a lazy fat *kitten*' :angry: