Mom told me I was getting chubby, haha.
  • kiannarb
    kiannarb Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    i cosign. I had the same thoughts and veiws of myself
  • JasmineRose14
    JasmineRose14 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    None of my clothes were fitting and weighing as much as I did the day before I gave birth to a 9lb baby, and I wasnt pregnant, no excuse for weighing almost 300 pounds!
  • ames105
    ames105 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Getting really sick and having bad pain attacks. It tooks months to be diagnosed with one large gallstone and a gallbladder filled with sludge. This was brought about by years of bad eating habits. I found out how much better I felt when I ate a well balanced, nutritous meal.

You always hear that 'someday' your bad health habits will catch up with you and mine finally did. I was just grateful that it wasn't worse, like diabetes or a heart attack.
  • hegster23
    hegster23 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I think mine was when I went for my yearly check up at the doc's office. I did NOT like what the scale said. But really, there's been lots of other little things that I just kept ignoring too... Now to really get of my butt and get to it! :wink:
  • KimberlyDCZ
    KimberlyDCZ Posts: 525 Member
    Options

seeing those 3 numbers on the scale...

But I didn't actually do anything progressive until I joined here. I had been down to 248 and back up to 257 by cutting out soda and adding some light exercise but didn't get serious about it until 9 months later when I joined here and I could actually SEE what I was putting into my body by logging my food. A lot of foods I thought were healthy, aren't. I know that now, thanks to MFP
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    When my father sat me down and told me he was worried about me
  • tubbyelmo
    tubbyelmo Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    My grandfather and my dad both died VERY suddenly and far too young of massive heart attacks. I have inherited the faulty gene that was probably a factor in their deaths (I'm part of an ongoing research study) so every day counts and I don't want to waste any more of them being too fat to have fun.
  • terricol
    terricol Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Turning 40 next year and want to be able to look fabulous in what i would like to wear and not just what just fits me. Also suffering with joint pain. Also a friend told me to stop moaning about being big and do something about it, It was what i needed to hear.
  • fairykelly13
    fairykelly13 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    My wake up call was when I just felt horrible ALL THE TIME. No energy, never wanted to go anywhere or do anything, bloated, sick, depressed.... I knew I had to do SOMETHING.
  • CTCMom2009
    CTCMom2009 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Saw myself naked in the mirror about 6 months after having my son via c-section and thought "Oh my God, what happened??" I knew I had to do something to get myself healthy again.
  • KimberlyDCZ
    Options
    my wake up call was when I was out buying pie for a colleagues birthday (a lot of people do pie in the Netherlands rather than cake), I bought an extra half a pie, drove to a secluded parking lot, ate it as quickly as I could and drove somewhere else to find a trash can so nodbody would know I did it. When I got to work I stood in the toilet, ashamed, trying to make myself throw up. I knew right then and there that I needed help. There were a lot of similar events leading up to that point but sticking my finger down my throat was the ultimate low point for me. Seeking help was the best decision I could have made for myself.

It's been over two years since I've binged (or hidden and eaten) and I am a different person, mentally, surrouding food. Getting help was life changing.

I never quite got that far, but there were many times when I thought about it and came really close to following through. The part that confirmed for me that I had a problem was that I would actually do this naturally (without using my finger) out of guilt. The guilt made me nauseated and I literally got sick.
  • KimberlyDCZ
    Options
    My wake up call...when my husband told me he didn't find me attractive anymore, and didn't know if he wanted to stay married. I have since lost 45.8 lbs in the last 6 months (using MFP and working out for the last 3 months).
    He did end up deciding to leave last week, in spite of all my success. Too little too late in his opinion.

I'm still awake, and carrying on my transformation...I'm not done yet!

I'm sorry hun. This just confirms that he had some other issue and was just using the weight as an excuse. Take care of yourself for YOU. :-)
  • eperezamora
    eperezamora Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    when I asked my Gyn Doc, why I was skipping visits from my monthly friend. She had to call a Senior Doc ( who was about 120lbs ) to tell me that my body was starting to shut down.. Because it was in a dangerous zone. I was at 278lbs. I got home an cried, of embarrasment and mad at myself for not having the will power to take control:grumble:
  • KimberlyDCZ
    Options
    My ex-boyfriend. He decided to end our relationship of 2 years because ''I was no longer his type". He told me that he doesn't think I would be able to lose weight EVER because of my health condition (I was put on a hormone medication that made me gain weight). I was shattered because I was 18 at that time, that was my first love and I thought that we were gonna last forever.

I was angry, humiliated and miserable. My idea of a revenge was to lose weight and be foxy. So, I started eating right, working out etc, a month later, I was taken off my meds. Eventhough, I started my fitness regime to prove a point to my ex, I actually started enjoying the results and it soon became something I was doing for myself.

I lost all the extra weight. I am not at my goal yet but I'm no longer overweight. And I am really healthy, happy and content with myself.

For those who are interested to know what happened to my ex, He wants to get back together with me now that I have lost those extra pounds and is quite surprised that I don't give him time of the day.. :laugh: Yup, totally satisfying!!:bigsmile: :devil:

LOVE IT!!!
  • KimberlyDCZ
    Options
    Got cheated on and was told it was because I was fat.

I lost the weight and left the dumbass. Thanks for paying for the Gym membership Sucka!

I LOVE THESE! These are GREAT!!!
  • liittlesparrow
    liittlesparrow Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    When I was 170 I noticed my stomach was beginning to look like this fat girls I knew. She was over 200 lbs. Said no way and been losing weight since. I started using this site when I got stuck in the 150's.
  • murphey21
    murphey21 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Mine was when my youngest daughter who is three went in for a urimary tract infection and her urine tests came back with glucose in her urine which is very uncommon in little ones. Her blood glucose test was a little high, but nothing bad. The next day everything was repeated and she is fine, no glucose in her urine, but it made us realize just much junk we are eating. It is enough to scare you knowing that everything she eats, you let her have or let her put in her mouth, candy, cookie, etc? It woke me up as I refuse to let this hurt my daughters health, so needless to say everything changed and we are all eating healthy and now we joined the YMCA to get us and them active again!
  • MariaYaremchak
    MariaYaremchak Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have been struggling with my weight the last 10 years since the birth of my daughter. One year I would be down, then up again. In 2010 I lost 20 lbs after seeing pictures of myself after a trip to Florida in late 2009. I looked like I was about 8 months pregnant and was disgusted with myself.
    Once I lost that weight, I got pregnant with my son (go figure) and dropped back down again after his birth. The past two years, it slowly came back. It wasnt until this Jan 2013 when my mom who is over weight, has high blood pressure and just had a serious heart attack last summer looked at me and said 'I love you, but you are really gaining weight again. I don't want you to end up like me."

That was the total slap in the face I needed to change, and for good this time.
  • merrileeirene
    merrileeirene Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Being 32 and diagnosed as a type II diabetic!