whats everyones 300 calorie, filling, Fav meal?

Options

Replies

• cculb524
    cculb524 Posts: 10
    Options
    Broccoli Chowder with Corn and Bacon

med103954_0908_broc_chowder_vert.jpg

When I made it, it came out to be 282 calories per serving and was super yummy.

Recipe please!!
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    Chopped cucumber, tomato, and red bell pepper with baba ganoush, a spoonful of yogurt, and lean ground meat cooked with some garlic and salt.

The reality is that some of us need low calorie meals, because we're small, female, and have to spend part of our day sitting at a desk.
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    eating 300 calories for a meal is absolutely ridiculous...

You need to pick better options......8 oz lemon pepper tilapia, 2 cups cooked spinach, and 1 cup cooked cauliflower around 330 calories. I only made it half way through this meal and I was full so I guess my 165 calorie meal of PURE nutrtion is just absolutely ridiculous HA! PPL really should research stuff before they post

Yeah, that comment is absolutely ridiculous. Most of my meals end up being around 300 calories without me even intending for them to be. Some of my favorites are: tacos, stir fries with rice or noodles, soup with bread, risottos, and vegetable-based casseroles or pasta dishes.
  • btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this thread! I like having lots of meals a day, many of my "meals" in my diary consist of two meals, some hours apart. This will be very useful.

Oh, mine are:
    - a bowl of chili (white bean and chicken or red bean w/ground meat or veggie chili)
    - salmon on top of lettuce with tomatoes and a couple of crumbled up triscuits
    - peanut butter (1 tbsp) and banana on a piece of whole wheat bread
  • keelerangela
    keelerangela Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    If I eat a 750+ calorie meal, I feel like complete **** afterwards. I could not imagine "fasting" for like 8 hrs and then gorging myself with an 750+ calorie meal.. talk about no energy. I prefer smaller meals b/c by the time your energy level is getting low.. its time for another 300 cal. meal. Keeps me going all day!
  • keelerangela
    keelerangela Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    my favorite is either a mission tortilla w/ pb and banana or a naked protein smoothie!! YUM! Also a baked sweet potato with sugar free caramel drizzled on top.. omg so good! And under 300 cals
  • 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Recipe please! :)

If this is meant for me here it is.....

1 lemon
    black pepper
    Frozen Tilapia filets (I buy the indiv. wrapped ones because I am solo)
    Fresh Spinach
    Fresh Cauliflower

Slice lemon in semi thick slices, squeeze the ends of lemon on your baking pan/pie dish (I hate to waste anything)
    Preheat oven to 425
    Rinse thawed Tilapia and place on pan/pie dish
    Squeeze lemon slices on all the filets. Pepper filets. Place lemons slices on the filets. Add little scoops of minced garlic (optional) on top of lemons.
    Cover with foil.poke some vents and throw in oven (cook to preference)
    Spinach is easy...boil it to your preferred texture. I add minced garlic and pepper to boil. Drain almost all water out ( I add very finely chopped onion to it and a little bit of lemon juice and let it simmer for a few more minutes I like the flavor and crunch in the spinach)
    Boil the cauliflower (garlic optional as well)
    I really watch my sodium intake so sometime I will season the plated cauliflower with Badia all seasoning only 60mg sodium per 1/4 tsp I will use like 4 servings of it .
    Also you can forget the lemon pepper and just season the fish with Badia for a change up. Badia is def the bomb and a life saver for me as far as flavor it makes everything come alive. I never add it too food unless it is plated so to not dilute the flavor.

If you wanted to add more to this you can have a side salad depending on what RDI you are trying to reach you can use the salad as the kicker.
  • bsbrian
    bsbrian Posts: 7
    Options
    These black bean and quinoa burgers. It is friggin flavorful...

http://thehealthyjunky.com/2013/03/23/black-bean-and-quinoa-veggie-burger/
  • veronicacannon
    veronicacannon Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I just had 2 eggs over easy with a little salsa on the side, an applesauce cup, and a Sargento provolone/mozerella stick and that was 305 calories. I'm surprisingly full!
  • heidi5k
    heidi5k Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    ba-dump
  • cicisiam
    cicisiam Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing the recipe, very nice and helpful.
    asian lettuce wraps

I'm actually having it for dinner!

You'll need:

1 lb ground chicken, turkey or very lean beef
    1 tin water chestnuts, diced and drained
    1 cup diced mushrooms
    1/2 cup chopped white onion
    1 tsp minced garlic
    1 tsp minced ginger or ginger paste
    1 tsp rice vinegar
    1 tsp soy sauce
    1/4 cup chopped scallions
    3 tsp hoisin or stir-fry sauce
    Siracha hot sauce to taste
    small handful peanuts (about 20 nuts)

6 Boston Bibb lettuce leaves

Spray pan w/ cooking spray and cook meat almost all the way through. Add all ingredients except peanuts and lettuce leaves and cook on med- high till onions are transparent , scallions are slightly wilted and meat is cooked through. Remove from heat, add peanuts, stir and let cool slightly. When slightly cool, arrange lettuce leaves on plate and divide meat mixture evenly among leaves. Drizzle on more siracha if you like!

Serves 3 at 3 300-320 calories per serving, depending on which meat you use!
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Chopped cucumber, tomato, and red bell pepper with baba ganoush, a spoonful of yogurt, and lean ground meat cooked with some garlic and salt.

The reality is that some of us need low calorie meals, because we're small, female, and have to spend part of our day sitting at a desk.

Small, female, with a desk job, and I like to have snacks during the day. Three meals that average around 300 calories each, plus a couple of 100 calorie snacks, is perfect for me.
  • cicisiam
    cicisiam Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Recipe please! :)

If this is meant for me here it is.....

1 lemon
    black pepper
    Frozen Tilapia filets (I buy the indiv. wrapped ones because I am solo)
    Fresh Spinach
    Fresh Cauliflower

Slice lemon in semi thick slices, squeeze the ends of lemon on your baking pan/pie dish (I hate to waste anything)
    Preheat oven to 425
    Rinse thawed Tilapia and place on pan/pie dish
    Squeeze lemon slices on all the filets. Pepper filets. Place lemons slices on the filets. Add little scoops of minced garlic (optional) on top of lemons.
    Cover with foil.poke some vents and throw in oven (cook to preference)
    Spinach is easy...boil it to your preferred texture. I add minced garlic and pepper to boil. Drain almost all water out ( I add very finely chopped onion to it and a little bit of lemon juice and let it simmer for a few more minutes I like the flavor and crunch in the spinach)
    Boil the cauliflower (garlic optional as well)
    I really watch my sodium intake so sometime I will season the plated cauliflower with Badia all seasoning only 60mg sodium per 1/4 tsp I will use like 4 servings of it .
    Also you can forget the lemon pepper and just season the fish with Badia for a change up. Badia is def the bomb and a life saver for me as far as flavor it makes everything come alive. I never add it too food unless it is plated so to not dilute the flavor.

If you wanted to add more to this you can have a side salad depending on what RDI you are trying to reach you can use the salad as the kicker.
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    2 whole cups of Carrot ginger soup(thats a big bowl/i make mine with tofu for protein) 240

and a banana /orange/apple/yogurt. 60 cals .
  • djc315
    djc315 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Most of the time, my snacks and meals are all about the same calories. 250-350 per meal or eating time. I'm not set on that, and things adjust here and there but having that mind set helps me stay on track for the day. I eat 1800 calories a day.

When I make a sandwich, I load it with veggies. Yesterday, my lunch was an olive oil wrap, with a quarter of an avocado, cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers, a slice of chicken, cheese and spinach. Yum! Then a few hours later (for a snack) I had a salad with avocado, cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers, and balsamic vinaigrette. Each "meal" came to about 300 calories. Together they came to 612 calories. I personally can't eat that in one sitting, I NEED to spread it out into two meals or a meal and a snack.

Another snack of mine, was pasta and alfredo sauce - 350 calories.

Lately I've been eating a lot of quesadillas. Last night I had one with avocado, cheese and tomatoes. It came in at 390 calories. Mostly because I used more cheese than I normally do, it was the end of the bag and I didn't want to put back half a serving. Otherwise, it would have been 350 calories. I couldn't even finish the whole thing.
  • deejayhonza
    Options
    You could make a random skinless chicken soup with leeks, potatoes, onion's, carrots, swede, hint of chili flakes, thyme etc etc. Soups are great because they are quite filling. Make loads of it, store some in a freezer so when the time arises again when that 300 cal meal comes up (and it will), you could say 'oh yes, my trustee soup in the freezer'!
  • michelle7673
    michelle7673 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Bowl of turkey chili made with 99/1 ground turkey, kidney beans, tomatoes, bell peppers (1.5 cups), and 2 tbsp of light sour cream.

That being said, I guess I am often doing IF during the week, as I have two real meals and coffee, and I frequently have meals at 750 or even more. The "eat six small meals" doesn't work for me. I'm usually one medium, one big, for a total of 1500 or so.
  • 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    You could make a random skinless chicken soup with leeks, potatoes, onion's, carrots, swede, hint of chili flakes, thyme etc etc. Soups are great because they are quite filling. Make loads of it, store some in a freezer so when the time arises again when that 300 cal meal comes up (and it will), you could say 'oh yes, my trustee soup in the freezer'!

Stealing this sounds amazing! TY TY TY
  • Fictionista
    Fictionista Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    A cup of black beans with the liquid (heated on the stove), a spoonful of salsa, a spoonful of sour cream, and shredded cheese on top. Super quick and filling black bean stew!
  • karajulie
    karajulie Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    bump