whats everyones 300 calorie, filling, Fav meal?

Options

Replies

• ash190489
    ash190489 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    2 eggs
    1 banana

mash banana, mix eggs in & cook like a pancake. 247cals & will fill you up till your next meal.

I love making this for brekkie!! I had this exact meal this morning with blue berries! MMM! :tongue:
  • brit_ks_89
    brit_ks_89 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    tuna & avocado mixed up together with some celery, lemon, garlic and pepper
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    4 oz of salmon (160 cal)
    1/4 cup of brown rice (40 cal)
    bunch of stir fried veggies (broccoli, zucchini, carrots, etc...)

1/4 cup of rice is 4 tablespoons. How is that filling?

Because you eat it as a part of a meal, not as a meal... The question was what is your favorite, filling, 300 cal meal. My favorite filling meal is Salmon, a bit of brown rice, and a bunch of veggies...
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    salmon fillet with baked sweet potato <3<3 yessssss
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Just a little under 400 calories:

chicken-rice-395-calories.jpg
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    300 calories is a snack.

Let me know when we're discussing real meals... like 750+ cal ones.

:laugh: I wish I could afford 750+ cal meals. Lucky you!

I wish I could eat 300 calorie meals, my lowest has been 369. How anyone manages on 300 calories I have no idea, though I don't plan on snacking between meals (I always do). I think I average out at 600, only when I cook from a recipe do I tend to go over 800.

I've never understood people eating half a chicken breast, a little bit of rice etc. When I have rice or pasta it is the main part.

Stir Fries are probably low in calories
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Quaker Oats with chocolate protein powder.
  • queenbear5
    queenbear5 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    6 oz of baked chicken breast with 2 servings of organic green beans baked with tons of organic no salt seasoning. Delicious and very filling. It's my go-to meal when I'm almost out of calories at the end of the day. 285 calories.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    stirfryPFChang.jpg

The one on the left is 400 calories or so.

The one on the right...isn't.
  • 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    stirfryPFChang.jpg

The one on the left is 400 calories or so.

The one on the right...isn't.

Love this post TY! Just more proof of why starving yourself by eating crap food does nothing but rob you in every way. Stealing it for my FB page.
  • 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    4 oz of salmon (160 cal)

Because you eat it as a part of a meal, not as a meal... The question was what is your favorite, filling, 300 cal meal. My favorite filling meal is Salmon, a bit of brown rice, and a bunch of veggies...

protein and fiber are very filling, the veggies alone are very filling because you can have more of them. I think the point here is eating more healthier options and getting the most bang(nutrition and fullness) for your buck(hunger) Take a look at my diary I am not hungry anymore between meals. Balance of protein,fiber, carbs and fat accompanied by lower sodium intake makes for happy love to eat me and the added bonus I am full of energy and feel a lot better than my old self that ate processed fooods at almost every meal. I do not eat full clean but I aim for it.
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    4 oz of salmon (160 cal)

protein and fiber are very filling, the veggies alone are very filling because you can have more of them. I think the point here is eating more healthier options and getting the most bang(nutrition and fullness) for your buck(hunger) Take a look at my diary I am not hungry anymore between meals. Balance of protein,fiber, carbs and fat accompanied by lower sodium intake makes for happy love to eat me and the added bonus I am full of energy and feel a lot better than my old self that ate processed fooods at almost every meal. I do not eat full clean but I aim for it.

and after looking at your diary you are starving yourself..... 1200 calories a day... 1 slice of bacon????....come on !
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I love salad, so I make a massive salad. Lots of spinach and veggies and a protein. It's usually around 300 and it takes forEVER to eat.
  • supergirl6
    supergirl6 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I often have some days where I have quite a few 300 calorie meals instead of a couple 700 calorie meals. I think everyone is different and it's ok so long as what you're doing is right for you. Some people need that very controlled calorie limit or they end up eating uncontrolled meals.

Not many of my meals are exactly 300. Most tend to be closer to 400. I have all of the Biggest Loser cookbooks and there are a lot of awesome meals in them that are close. I also hit up skinnytaste.com for some great ideas. My dinner tonight is actually these Southwestern Pileups from the biggest loser cookbook and they are soooo good. They actually fall around 340 calories, but I modify my recipe to include more veggies than the recipe calls for, so mine is probably more like 400 calories.

My modified version looks sort of like this: take a Flat Out flatbread, stick it in the oven for a couple of minutes to firm up, spread on hummus, shredded chicken, black beans, 1/2 of a 100 calorie guac pack, some fiesta lime no salt spice mix, red onion, diced tomato, diced red peppers, cheese, diced jalepeno or diced chili for some heat. SO good. I cut it up like flatbread like a pizza. It's sooo good and way filling. I've also used a bit of plain greek yogurt in place of sour cream when I make these. If I need more calories for the day, I usually up the black beans or the hummus than what the recipe calls for.The more veggies you pile on, the more filling and less calorie dense.

Another good one though also not exactly 300 calories - smear some salsa (or picante) on the bottom of a baking dish (better if you can make your own so you can control the sodium content) add cubed chicken breast, about 1/3 brick of softened cream cheese spread on top, top with a little more of the salsa and baked foil covered for 15 minutes, then add a bit of shredded cheese and bake 15 minutes not foil covered. I put the mixture on top of brown/wild rice mix with a side of baked cauliflower or some other veggie. Soooo good.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    If you can get it, Quark is a virtually fat-free cream cheese which works great in cooking - I use it instead of ricotta.
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    A patty of extra lean ground beef and a HUGE pile of roasted broccoli topped with lemon zest and a bit of parmesan.

MMM gonna add this to the list of things to try sounds AMAZING!
  • hiddenaudacity
    hiddenaudacity Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    This thread is making me hungry....HOWEVER almost every meal I have is under 300 calories and it's usually just a serving of meat (fish, steak, chicken) with a whole tonne of veggies or salad to fill you up :)
  • jessicaclairel
    Options
    300 cals is not a meal, much closer to a snack.
    Not for me!

For me, a "snack" is 150 cal or less

I agree with this. I have eaten meals in the past that were under 300 calories and they filled me right up!
  • amytaylorwilliamdrake
    Options
    amything with spaghetti squash, low calorie (42 cup) filling and delicious
  • jrue1985
    jrue1985 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    4 oz of salmon (160 cal)

and after looking at your diary you are starving yourself..... 1200 calories a day... 1 slice of bacon????....come on !

I looked at her diary, she is NOT starving herself! (or he, I didn't notice that part). It looks like someone who LOVES bacon, but realizes that it needs to be eaten in smaller amounts. Just because someone else's diet doesn't work for you, doesn't mean it doesn't work for them! There are so freaking many negative people on this damn site! If you don't like what someone else does, f-it, don't respond!

I like this thread, I could use to have several 300 calorie meals per day, instead of one huge binge meal, like I did last night :-( I am still learning though, and we ALL screw up as we are learning. So before you try to bash me for what I do, remember, you made mistakes as well.