whats everyones 300 calorie, filling, Fav meal?

Options

Replies

• neretete
    neretete Posts: 30
    Options
    I threw two BS chicken breasts in the crock pot, threw on a packet of taco seasoning, a can of chili beans, and a can of diced tomatoes with peppers. Cooked it on high for 3-4 hours. I took a fork and knife and shredded the chicken as best as I could. I eat that topped with some red hot, a bit of FF shredded cheddar and a couple tablespoons FF plain Greek yogurt. Delish and filling! I broke that into three servings.
  • JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    Options

If you started eating more and fueling yourself while you exercised you would lose weight faster and maintain that weight loss for life. When you eat too little you lose weight, but it's 50/50 muscle and fat..... if you want to lose fat then eat more and workout.

If you are tired of yo yo weight loss over years...... stop doing what you did before...it didn't work. Do something different ! :)

If she is like me, she probably is eating back work-out calories with snacks as she is able to work out. That adds 200-300 cals per day. You still have to have a deficit to lose some needed weight. That's what a diet is. I am measuring gains in muscle areas and loss in fatty areas...sounds all good to me. Have lost 10.7% of body weight since Christmas. I think I'll stick with diet and exercise the best I know how. ANY-HOO:

IDEAS:

-Sandwiches with "Healthy Life" bread (70 cal per 2 pieces), turkey, spinach, banana pepper, 1 slice tyson precooked bacon, a piece of fruit, finish with low fat cottage cheese or something crunchy (pretzels), whatever you prefer.

-Any crock pot meat with veggies (chicken, pork loin, roast, turkey), just measure your meat. Watch additives, meats rarely need them in a crock pot or pressure cooker.

-Pork loin and leftovers: bbq sandwich on healthy life wheat bun (not my fav Healthy Life bread, but decent heated up a bit in the micro) with half a baked potato covered in green bean juice seasoned, green beans.

-White Chili with leftover chicken breasts

-Salads

-Omelets

-turkey

-oatmeal

-lowfat Kroger Granola cereal with berries and skim milk

-Breakfast "Egg McMuffin": liquid scrambled eggs, 1 piece tyson precooked bacon, on a wheat Healthy Life English muffin with 1 T. 2 % milk shredded cheese and hot sauce

-Low Fat Wheat Tortillas with your choice of mexican fillings and measured sides of rice, lettuce, salsa.

-Japanese Rice, Lean Meat, Veggies (Measure rice portions)

-Chinese: Rice (measured per calories you want to devote to it) with veggies and lean meat

-Egg McMuffin and coffee

-McDonalds fruit parfait and coffee

-Oatmeal with dried berries + 1 slice Healthy Life Wheat Toast and coffee

150 cal in-between/pre-workout
    -Protein Frap (like McDonalds, but healthier and low cal), ice, instant coffee, light hershey's, protein powder, honey, YUM!, lowfat ice cream or yogurt (fresh or frozen)

-Berry Smoothie: similar idea as about with frozen berries, vanilla protein powder, splenda, ice, yogurt

- Low Fat Wheat Pita Pocket apple dumplin with yogurt + splenda + cinnamon for filling

-Italian: Minestrone + Salad + Fish and veggies (300 + a bit)

-Wheat pasta + Lean spaghetti sauce + salad

-Fish (Salmon, Tilapia, catfish in olive oil and seasonings) + Rice + Veggies

With a 300 calorie meal, I need a 100 calorie controlled snack available in 2.5-3 hours. If it's a 400 cal meal, I can usually make it to the next meal without a snack, but I feel like that's a risk in case I get the munchies, so I try to keep breakfast and lunch to about 550, and that saves enough for the evening at 450-500 and 2 snacks. If I workout, I add a protein supplement, banana, carb snack, or yogurt, depending on where macros are lowest for the day.
  • maryv83
    maryv83 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Wow! I wish I was able to 750+ caloric meals!
  • danilynn2
    danilynn2 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    2 eggs
    1 banana

mash banana, mix eggs in & cook like a pancake. 247cals & will fill you up till your next meal.

Never heard of such a thing. I am SO trying this today!

This sounds interesting...I will be trying this! Never heard of anything like this
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Mine's a little over that, around 330, but its 3 oz of chicken, and lettuce with lite dressing and almonds. Tasty and quite filling!
  • MonicaRoxxs
    MonicaRoxxs Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    bump
  • 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    2 beers

I am jealous :drinker:
  • aleesh_
    aleesh_ Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    94% fat free popcorn is under 300 calories for a bag and it is super filling! Not exactly the best tasing food out there though, I usually put some hot sauce on it :laugh:
  • shelbydemeuse
    shelbydemeuse Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I recently just made my own Minestrone soup. It was all veggies (tomatoes, spinach, celery, carrots, onions, green beans, cucumbers), black beans, and chicken (or veggie) broth. I used low sodium broth and don't add any salt. I used some spices (oregano & basil). A decent sized bowl of it is about 150 calories (about 1.75 cups). You could even add whole wheat noodles to it to make it even more filling. A meal with a lot of veggies is really the best way to go when looking for a healthy meal!
  • iLoveMyAR15
    iLoveMyAR15 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    300 cals is not a meal, much closer to a snack.

this
  • mikeroobuddha
    Options
    Innocent vegpots are just around 300 cals and are really tasty and full of actual factual veggies! :bigsmile:
  • 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Holy crap my calories per meal are like a roller coaster lol 300 isnt enough most of the time....but the lowest calories for the most fill is def fish and 2 veggies....nom nom nom
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    half block firm tofu, cubed
    one bag shiritaki noodles, rinsed very well
    one sliced green onion
    a bit of minced ginger
    2T low sodium soy sauce
    a little sciracha
    sometimes I throw in a few ****akes (this is funny....it won't let me say the name of the Japanese mushroom!)
    hot water to make a nice amount of broth

microwave for 2 or 3 minutes

This is a huge meal too. You can make it in less than 10 minutes. Lots of protein, low carb, very filling.
  • LadyQueefsalot
    LadyQueefsalot Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    You bet!! I actually just gave a friend the "boca crumbles or lentil swap" recipe- basically just swap the meat for something meatless! enjoy!!
    asian lettuce wraps

I'm actually having it for dinner!

WOW, I was just going to look up recipes for this (going to make with Boca chick'n). Thanks so much!!! :flowerforyou:

Slainte :drinker:
  • holothuroidea
    holothuroidea Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Veggie soup and salad.

I'm boring.
  • laurarice39
    Options
    Look at Amy's Meals. They are mostly vegan, but sometimes vegetarian. They never contain meat! I am vegan, and they completely fill me up! All of the "microwavable" meals are 180-340 calories. Look at target, sprouts, Market Street, or any local healthy store. They are also completely organic. Cost is $3-$4 p/meal. Not bad for a lunch or a dinner, and worth it if you want to really be healthy and eat right!!
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Okay, you guys who are being jerks need to relax. Not everyone follows the TDEE/BMR way, and you should at least be respectful enough to back off. Not to mention some people's bodies respond better to smaller more frequent meals, rather than a few heavy ones and some snacks (in terms of feeling full, etc...).
  • baldric1331
    baldric1331 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    mine is Iceland - Oriental Vegetable Mix, 200g with Iceland - Frozen Diced Chicken, 100 g fryed up minimal oil for the chicken cooked up quick in a wok together yummy and filling
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    sorry, i eat regular meals and snacks, i don't eat big portions, big portion is why people put on weight, ever tried to eat 750 calories of veg, would be extremely hard too do. 750 calories i could eat a whole pizza lol. if you eat 750 tell us what the is and i'll divide it :-D

loving the positive vibes

People put on weight because they eat more than their body needs.

You can eat big portions as long as you keep your calories in check.
  • amberlykay1014
    amberlykay1014 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Wow! I wish I was able to 750+ caloric meals!

Why don't you? How many calories are you eating in a day? Even if I was only eating my BMR (1365), I'd still be able to eat a 750+cal meal... But I eat more like 2000 cals/day and still lose weight.