whats everyones 300 calorie, filling, Fav meal?

Options

Replies

• ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Any variation of stew (little meat, plenty of veggies, no fat) or chilli bean soup (http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/02/turkey-chili-taco-soup.html) can be made to have around 300 calorie... and be filling. I just grab any recipie and make it lighter.

A salad with lots a veggies and 2 egg, or grilled chicken or beef... with 2 full tablespoons of low fat greek yoghurt as dressing.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    2 lbs of broccoli

Oh you have to enjoy eating it too?

Ummm, 2 lbs of broccoli while engaging in copious amounts of horizontal mambo?
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    750+ calorie dinners:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/shutupandlift13?date=2013-04-02

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/shutupandlift13?date=2013-04-03

For the record, I practice IF *most* of the time. Snacking just encourages binging for me. I'd rather just let myself eat a lot when I'm most hungry, after my workouts in the evening. Its easiest for me that way since I am usually very busy at work and below ground most of the day, I don't even really think about food that often unless I'm in an office with the 6lb bag of gummy worms and trail mix staring me down.
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    As much of any salad stuffs as you can add to a couple of veggie sausages. Works for me.
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Last night I made some awesome shrimp and crab spring rolls

3 spring roll wrappers
    Spring mix
    Carrots
    Crab (2 sticks)
    Shrimp (12)
    Spicy peanut sauce
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Baked rainbow trout with lemon slices
    baby carrots & wax beans
    butter for the veg
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Just about any dinner we make! :drinker: We have a lot of Weight Watchers cookbooks and eating light cookbooks. Lots of great recipes and usually a serving is between 275 and 350 calories. And hubby (who does most of the cooking) always throws in extra veggies when he can to bulk up the portion the size.

Some of my favorites... stir fry with any type of meat; skillet mac; and slow cooker lasagna. :happy:
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I don't cook. Small Wendy's chili is 210 calories, yummy and filling, though probably high in sodium. Subway salads = 50-110 calories without dressing or cheese.
  • 4_Lisa
    4_Lisa Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    3 egg omlettes. Depending on fillings (usually do veggies with green onion, peppers) can go over or under the 300 cal mark. Lots of protein and filling.
  • __RANDY__
    __RANDY__ Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    300 cals is not a meal, much closer to a snack.
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    750+ calorie dinners:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/shutupandlift13?date=2013-04-02

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/shutupandlift13?date=2013-04-03

For the record, I practice IF *most* of the time. Snacking just encourages binging for me. I'd rather just let myself eat a lot when I'm most hungry, after my workouts in the evening. Its easiest for me that way since I am usually very busy at work and below ground most of the day, I don't even really think about food that often unless I'm in an office with the 6lb bag of gummy worms and trail mix staring me down.

And that's lovely for you but that's not the topic of this post.
  • jessicado22
    jessicado22 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Costco sells a large pack of Garden Lites - Grilled Vegetable Souffle. One souffle (about the size of a pot pie) is 150 calories, so I eat two slathered in mustard. (Like quiche). Filling...not so much (is ANYTHING at 300 calories "filling?"), but quite alot of portion for 300 calories.

And for the people saying 750 calories is a meal...I wish :( I only get 1300 cal a day, lol
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    And to play along, although I usually double this for my meal, this is in the ball park of 300 cals, very satiating:

http://paleomg.com/my-new-go-to-meal/

My New Go-To Meal
    Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 10 mins Total time: 20 mins
    Serves: 1

Ingredients
    1 cup brussel sprouts, cut into fourths
    1 Applegate Chicken Apple Sausage, sliced
    1 piece of bacon, cut in half
    1 garlic clove, minced
    4 tablespoons Tessamae’s Zesty Ranch (I replace with a tsp or so of Hidden Valley ranch seasoning mix)
    salt and pepper, to taste

Instructions
    Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add 4 tablespoons of zesty ranch to the pan along with the minced garlic clove. Then toss in your brussel sprouts.
    Sprinkle some salt and pepper over the brussel sprouts and let them sit for a couple minutes until they begin to burn just a bit.
    Use a spoon or a flip of your wrist to turn the brussel sprouts over to cook on the other side.
    Once the brussel sprouts have been flipped, add in a tablespoon of water and cover the pan with a lid. Keep an eye on them, being sure to move them around once more so the little guys don’t stick to the pan.
    While the brussel sprouts finish cooking, add a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
    Add your piece of bacon that has been cut in half to the pan. As soon as the fat begins to render out into the pan, add the sliced chicken sausage.
    Once your bacon is ready to flip, flip the bacon along with the sausage to cook on opposite side.
    When your brussel sprouts are soft enough to stick a fork through, remove from heat, salt and pepper once more, then place in bowl.
    Top with your cooked bacon and sausage.
    Done and done.
  • atarisrocks
    atarisrocks Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    wholewheat pasta with tuna and chilli powder 298kcal
  • tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    2 eggs
    1 banana

mash banana, mix eggs in & cook like a pancake. 247cals & will fill you up till your next meal.

Never heard of such a thing. I am SO trying this today!
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    1: SOUP! And there are SOOOO many varieties of both prepared and home-made soups that for 300 calories, you can have a HUGE ginormous filling serving

2. Loaded Veggie Omelete smothered in enchilada sauce between 200-250 calories as follows: 1/2 cup break-free egg substitutes, 2 tbsp parmesan cheese, and 200 grams of whatever veggies I have on hand (typically less than 100 cal), which might include mushrooms, eggplant, tomatoes, onion, spinach, some kind of cooking greens (kale or chard most likely), asparagus, peppers, . . . basically anything non-starchy!
  • SadKitty27
    SadKitty27 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I like boneless skinless chicken breast, on a bed of raw spinach with a bit of mayo, and some pepper jack cheese. It makes for a great quick lunch.

Spinach - Raw: 1 cup 7 calories
    Duke's - Mayonnaise: 1 Tbsp 100 calories
    Cabot - Pepper Jack Premium Natural Cheese: 1 oz. 110 calories
    Generic Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast: 3 oz 83 calories
    Total: 300 calories
  • The_Outlaw_Torn
    The_Outlaw_Torn Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    5 oz of Johnnie Walker Black
  • TKIY
    TKIY Posts: 2 Member
    Options