whats everyones 300 calorie, filling, Fav meal?

Options

Replies

• beancounter40
    Options
    A piece of grilled salmon with a small baked potato. Killer....
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    not sure this is such a thing

What he said. lol
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    300 cals is not a meal, much closer to a snack.
    Not for me!

For me, a "snack" is 150 cal or less
  • jess6741
    jess6741 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I love peanut butter raisin oatmeal. It's really filling and around 290 calories. I eat oatmeal for dinner on a pretty regular basis but sometimes I'll just have it for a snack.

1/2 cup old fashioned oatmeal
    1 cup water
    1 tbsp peanut butter
    1/4 cup raisins
    1 packet sweetner (totally optional but I have a killer sweet tooth)
  • KateRunsColorado
    KateRunsColorado Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    This is slightly over 300, but I like to make Chicken Ceasar Wraps for lunch:

1 LaTortilla Factory High Fiber, Low Carb 80 Calorie Tortilla
    1 small can of Tyson Canned Chicken Breast (or you can do 1/2 a can depending on size and that'll save you a few calories) - I think it's like 120 calories for the whole can
    Lots of Lettuce
    Sprinkle of Parmesan Cheese (about 20 cals)
    1 - 2 TBS Light Caesar Dressing (about 120 cals)

Very filling and relatively low in calories as long as you don't go overboard on the dressing! It is a bit high in Sodium due to the canned chicken, but I drink a lot of water so I don't really care (and of course you could fix that by cooking your own chicken, but I don't really have time for that).
  • oldmanrivererik
    oldmanrivererik Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    110 gr of baby yellow potatos
    85 gr of kale braised with vinegar
    4 ounces of chicken breast
    160 grams of birdseye pepper stirfry
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I agree that 300 cals is not a filling meal, somewhere between a snack and a meal, but I'll answer anyway.

Can of progresso or campbells soup (160-220 cals each) with added protein like chicken or steak depending on flavor

2 meatloaf muffins and a small amount of some sort of veggie:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/938902-meatloaf-muffins-136-cals-each

Huge salad with lots of veggies and lean protein (tuna, chicken breast, or deli turkey) and a light dressing. My fave is half light ranch and half fat-free italian. Watch for extra carbs/sugars added to the low fat dressings.

2 eggs scrambled with 2 pieces of thick cut bacon, a big handful of spinach, and a few pieces of feta

Protein shake with 1 scoop protein and 1 cup of whole, organic milk
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    300 cals is not a meal, much closer to a snack.
    Not for me!

For me, a "snack" is 150 cal or less

If you started eating more and fueling yourself while you exercised you would lose weight faster and maintain that weight loss for life. When you eat too little you lose weight, but it's 50/50 muscle and fat..... if you want to lose fat then eat more and workout.

If you are tired of yo yo weight loss over years...... stop doing what you did before...it didn't work. Do something different ! :)
  • Sophiad16
    Sophiad16 Posts: 23
    Options
    bump!
  • JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Every meal! I love meal-time! I try to keep it spicy, lean, and protein packed. I started with Healthy Life breads, but have learned I enjoy the taste and protein of other foods better, so it's not been that hard to eliminate most breads after four months.

Right now? This! http://allrecipes.com/recipe/turkey-taco-soup/detail.aspx
  • davidg85
    davidg85 Posts: 1
    Options
    2 oz. lean polish ham, 2 oz. cajun turkey on a whole grain sandwich thin with deli mustard, lettuce and tomato, 225 calories.
  • __RANDY__
    __RANDY__ Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    2 beers
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Would have to beeeeee

Some lobster and steamed veggies with I can't believe its not butter. (When do I ever get lobster ?? :laugh: )

Or just about anything with a tbsp on peanut butter on top. Yeah, a muffin with peanut butter and some coffay. Aka: Coffee
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    If you started eating more and fueling yourself while you exercised you would lose weight faster and maintain that weight loss for life. When you eat too little you lose weight, but it's 50/50 muscle and fat..... if you want to lose fat then eat more and workout.

If you are tired of yo yo weight loss over years...... stop doing what you did before...it didn't work. Do something different ! :)

I agree completely.
  • Catlady87
    Catlady87 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    1 portion of my chilli, recipe from the Hairy Dieters cookbook and amended by me to trim off some calories - made with 12% lean beef mince 1 portion is 291 calories but SO packed full of flavour!
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    300 calories is a snack.

Let me know when we're discussing real meals... like 750+ cal ones.

I just posted a recipe for a Mexican Lasagna in my blog that's roughly 600 per serving. How do feel about cheese?
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    (I don't know the exact calorie counts off the top of my head, but these are between 250 and 350 calories each):

Breakfast: Scramble made with 2 egg whites, 1oz breakfast sausage, 1/2oz cheddar cheese, green salsa and topped with sour cream. Could add a corn tortilla or two to make breakfast tacos.

Lunch/dinner: Almost any salad made with 3-5oz chicken breast, shrimp, or salmon, or even steak. I do these all the time over mixed greens/spinach, and it's totally filling. You can go any direction in the world with that as a starting point. I make fajita salads with peppers, onions, a bit of cheddar and actually use a mix of a bit of sour cream and green salsa for dressing; or a harvest-style salad with goat cheese, thinly sliced apples and/or dried cherries and balsamic vinegar and olive oil dressing; or a ceviche-themed salad with shrimp, jalapeno and red onion, avocado, mango, cilantro, and a mix of lime juice and touch of ranch for dressing; or a chicken/bacon/cheddar/ranch salad (self-explanatory); or steak with balsamic dressing, blue cheese and crispy onions; or an antipasto salad with (instead of the above protein) ham and/or salami with olives, mozz cheese and a red wine vinegar dressing w/ Italian seasonings. Salmon is really good with a mustard and/or lemon based dressing and some asparagus mixed in. And, really, you can then add whatever veggies you have on hand into the salad, too. Basically, I can make a super flavorful salad for under 350 calories out of just about anything in my fridge and be totally satisfied :).
  • Mbishop7684
    Mbishop7684 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Right now my favorite lunch meal is:

375 calories, 25 grams of protein, 9 grams of fiber, 12 grams of fat, 45 carbs, 779 sodium

Whole grain english muffin sandwich with:

2 slices of granny smith apple
    1 oz chevre creamy goat cheese
    6 spinach leaves
    2-4 slices of low sodium turkey breast
    1 tsp dijon mustard

served with a side of:

1/3 cup halved strawberries
    1/4 cup of cantaloupe
    1/4 cup edamame cooked in a half a tbsp of butter

You can change out a few of the items to make it less calorie dense, but this meal packs a wallop of protein and fiber for really very few calories.

* edited to add my favorite lunch meal
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I just had my 2nd bkfst/lunch:
    A whole red/banana bell pepper sliced/diced, a whole small yellow onion sliced/diced (sauteed in a tbsp of coconut oil), 2 whole eggs, and 2 corn tortillas (I had 3, but you wanted around 300 calories).

This egg scramble fills me up for a good while. I have bkfst at any hour of the day :happy:
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Turkey Burger w/Double Protein Bread

Yummers!!