whats everyones 300 calorie, filling, Fav meal?

Options

Replies

• iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options
    and my reference to her "bacon" was not in disgust ....it was that who the heck eats 1 slice.... sheesh. either have a serving of bacon or don't bother.... if you like it, eat it.... but don't mess around with 1 slice LOL

my diary will often have a single slice or even half slice of bacon on it. i use it as a seasoning in veggies. my husband does like veggies but nothing makes him gobble up green beans or brussel sprouts like cooking them in a bit of bacon :-)
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    canned tuna & 2 tbsp of dijon mustard baked in a sweet red pepper - 188 calories - al;ong with some green beans :)
  • estrange22
    estrange22 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    stuffed bell pepper with ground turkey, quinoa, veggies.
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I wish that a large pepperoni pizza and a doughnut was 300 calories because that's what I feel like I need to eat to feel full.
  • jolt28
    jolt28 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    lots of good ideas and recipes! Thanks!
  • KIZGNARR
    KIZGNARR Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Pastaless lasagna... recipe is on www.thefoodee.com... it is so delicious and less than 300 cal per serving. I adjusted the recipe a bit and added more veggies to the sauce... definitely delish! :)
  • freelancejouster
    freelancejouster Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Soup, soup a million times over.

I had this yummy beef and barley one yesterday, paired it with a stack of veggies, came out at about 250-300 cal.

I usually have 450+ cal meals and this filled me up just as much.
  • nahiluoh
    nahiluoh Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I agree with the sentiments of others that 300 calories is not a meal.

BUT in the spirit of the question, my two go-to meals/snacks when I don't have a lot of calories to spend but want some good macros are:

- Scrambled eggs and vegatables (you can have 3-4 eggs; pretty good sized)

- Greek yogurt + blackberries (I go for the highest fat/lowest sugar kind) and a half-handful of mixed nuts (1/8-cup)

Both of these have a good amount of protein and fat and are relatively low in sugar.
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Okay, you guys who are being jerks need to relax.

No need for name calling...people are simply giving other ideas. Relax.

This is more of a snack for me....my meals range between 500-800, snacks 250-350..bt anyway, to help give some ideas...

My Go-to's

2 eggs, cottage cheese
    apple and peanut butter
    Chobani yogurt, fruit, and a handful of nuts
    Ginormous salad with my favorite dressing and 4 oz chicken.
    Good Food Made Simple Burritos
  • JezzD1
    JezzD1 Posts: 431
    Options
    hmm my "meals" hardly break 250 so IDK if I have a fav 300cal meal. I eat about 1350/day so my meals should be around 225/meal or 270/meal depending...
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Cheesy Chicken Parmesan with Zucchini Pasta and Marinara - SO GOOD. A little above the 300 cal mark at 350 but you could use smaller pieces of Chicken I suppose to hit the 300 mark.

http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/cook-yourself-thin/recipes/cheezy-chicken-parmesan-with-zucchini-pasta
  • timeforsomethingsweet
    timeforsomethingsweet Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    good ideas, thanks everyone :flowerforyou:
  • JewelE77
    JewelE77 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    and my reference to her "bacon" was not in disgust ....it was that who the heck eats 1 slice.... sheesh. either have a serving of bacon or don't bother.... if you like it, eat it.... but don't mess around with 1 slice LOL

my diary will often have a single slice or even half slice of bacon on it. i use it as a seasoning in veggies. my husband does like veggies but nothing makes him gobble up green beans or brussel sprouts like cooking them in a bit of bacon :-)

How dare anyone speak bad about bacon!!!!! LOL I have a slice everyday (turkey bacon) but it is still bacon. I am sure I could not have the one a day and then have 7 in one but the balance from the nutritious values make it more logical to spread the bacon love. Balance is key ppl they label things per serving for a reason.......
  • 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    eating 300 calories for a meal is absolutely ridiculous...

You need to pick better options......8 oz lemon pepper tilapia, 2 cups cooked spinach, and 1 cup cooked cauliflower around 330 calories. I only made it half way through this meal and I was full so I guess my 165 calorie meal of PURE nutrtion is just absolutely ridiculous HA! PPL really should research stuff before they post
  • keepongoingnmw
    keepongoingnmw Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    last night for dinner I had a lean burger patty wrapped in iceburg with my own spicy mayo (canola mayo, garlic, lemon, sembal olek)
    with a serving of baked crinkle cut fries. 1 TBS of ketchup made it 350. I actually had a salad with it but the other part was satisfying to me.
    Next time I would put the ketchup on the patty, and the mayo on the fries!
  • jrue1985
    jrue1985 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    eating 300 calories for a meal is absolutely ridiculous...

You need to pick better options......8 oz lemon pepper tilapia, 2 cups cooked spinach, and 1 cup cooked cauliflower around 330 calories. I only made it half way through this meal and I was full so I guess my 165 calorie meal of PURE nutrtion is just absolutely ridiculous HA! PPL really should research stuff before they post

Better choices for sure!! And have more SMALLER meals. Some people don't care to take advice.
  • cculb524
    cculb524 Posts: 10
    Options
    Recipe please! :)
  • juggalotus
    juggalotus Posts: 227
    Options
    Hershey's - Hershey's Syrup - Strawberry Syrup, 1 tbsp

Silk Light - Vanilla Soymilk 240ml (8 oz), 1 cup (240 ml

Egg Whites - Jumbo, 4 Egg

Lawash Brand Flatbread - Wheat Tortilla Low Carb, 1.15 Tortilla

Sargento Ultra Thin Cheese - Natural Provolone Cheese, 2 slices

Copy and pasted from my breakfast this morning...Egg white burrito with cheese and strawberry soymilk! 350 some calories, but still under 400!
  • cculb524
    cculb524 Posts: 10
    Options
    Broccoli Chowder with Corn and Bacon

med103954_0908_broc_chowder_vert.jpg

When I made it, it came out to be 282 calories per serving and was super yummy.