whats everyones 300 calorie, filling, Fav meal?

Options

Replies

• bsbrian
    bsbrian Posts: 7
    Options
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    Omelet- or Scramble

in a skillet, steam onions, garlic, 1 cup diced mushrooms, 2 cups fresh spinach, and any other diced veggie, along with 2 oz ham, turkey sausage, or other lean meat. Cook til tender and moisture is almost gone. Move to a plate

Spray pan with cooking spray, or melt 1 tsp coconut oil

Pour in 3/4 c Egg Beaters. Top with 1/4 c Fat Free shredded cheddar cheese. When almost done, add filling and fold over.

Huge omelet has about 275 cals and 39 g Protein. Keeps me full for hours. You can top with salsa, and guacamole for a few more cals.

You can also just scramble the eggs in the veggies and top with cheese.

891e9f4a-5e58-4759-9cc5-b741fb5cc145_zps93cab151.jpg
  • rosiesmama
    rosiesmama Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Udon noodles (about 230-240 c per packet) cooked with a handful of fresh or frozen greens (kale or spinach) and a boiled egg sliced on top. If I'm feeling like I can handle the extra 30-40 c, I LOVE this with chili oil.
  • LSotham
    LSotham Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    1/3 cup almonds (no added salt) - Approx 200 calories
    1/2 medium grapefruit - approx 90 calories

2 eggs - approx 160 calories
    1 slice whole wheat toast - approx 100 calories

4 oz of chicken, salmon, halibut, shrimp - approx 180 calories
    1/4 cup brown rice - approx 160 calories
    all the veggies you can pile on

2 slices turkey bacon - approx 50 calories
    1/2 cup egg whites - approx 60 calories
    1 slice whole wheat toast - approx 100 calories
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    eating 300 calories for a meal is absolutely ridiculous...

You need to pick better options......8 oz lemon pepper tilapia, 2 cups cooked spinach, and 1 cup cooked cauliflower around 330 calories. I only made it half way through this meal and I was full so I guess my 165 calorie meal of PURE nutrtion is just absolutely ridiculous HA! PPL really should research stuff before they post

Better choices for sure!! And have more SMALLER meals. Some people don't care to take advice.

LOL

Please explain the benefit of having more smaller meals throughout the day as opposed to one large meal and fasting for most of the day?
  • albertine58
    albertine58 Posts: 267 Member
    Options

You need to pick better options......8 oz lemon pepper tilapia, 2 cups cooked spinach, and 1 cup cooked cauliflower around 330 calories. I only made it half way through this meal and I was full so I guess my 165 calorie meal of PURE nutrtion is just absolutely ridiculous HA! PPL really should research stuff before they post

Better choices for sure!! And have more SMALLER meals. Some people don't care to take advice.

LOL

Please explain the benefit of having more smaller meals throughout the day as opposed to one large meal and fasting for most of the day?

dude. chill. if fasting works for you, great. most people prefer to eat more often because it helps them stick to their diet and feel satisfied. WHO CARES! STOP being an *kitten*! At the end of the day, it makes no difference whether you ate one 2000 cal meal or ten 200 cal meals. People need to stop judging other people's methods like this. It's one thing to encourage better nutrition; it's quite another to be rude and push YOUR way when there is no reason for the average person to subscribe to your philosophy or methods.

I can eat 300 cals and be satisfied for sure if I eat the right things. My meals are usually 300-500 (1200-1400 cals total) with 2 higher days on the weekend. It's working wonderfully for ME. I've lost 10 lbs in the past 5 weeks, and I'm only 10 lbs overweight so it's not like it falls right off.
    I eat a mountain of roasted veggies for dinner most nights (roasted in 1-2 tsp olive oil) plus protein on the side (salmon or tofu, usually). Sometimes a small portion of quinoa or sweet potato too, but not usually. That fills me up for a few hours, then I have a 175cal super filling nighttime snack of plain greek yogurt with fresh fruit and chia seeds. It's not hard to be full on 300cal if you eat the right things!
  • GymAnJuice
    GymAnJuice Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Avocado with pitta & crudites, 375 cals, i know thats over but its so tasty, quick and easy

Tomatoes - Red, ripe, raw, year round average, 1 medium whole (2-3/5" dia)
    Garlic - Raw, 1 clove
    Lemon juice - Raw, 1 wedge yields
    Tabasco - Worcestershire Sauce Spicy, 0.5 tsp
    Asda - Wholemeal Pitta Bread, 1 pitta
    Carrots - Raw, 1 small (5-1/2" long)
    Fru - Avocado Raw, 1/2 avocado

heat up the pitta and mix everything in, enjoy
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    LOL

LOL

Helps with stable blood sugar levels and adherence for some people.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    I take dumps bigger than 300 calorie meals.

Congratulations.

That's quite an achievement.
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options

LOL

dude. chill. if fasting works for you, great. most people prefer to eat more often because it helps them stick to their diet and feel satisfied. WHO CARES! STOP being an *kitten*! At the end of the day, it makes no difference whether you ate one 2000 cal meal or ten 200 cal meals. People need to stop judging other people's methods like this. It's one thing to encourage better nutrition; it's quite another to be rude and push YOUR way when there is no reason for the average person to subscribe to your philosophy or methods.

I can eat 300 cals and be satisfied for sure if I eat the right things. My meals are usually 300-500 (1200-1400 cals total) with 2 higher days on the weekend. It's working wonderfully for ME. I've lost 10 lbs in the past 5 weeks, and I'm only 10 lbs overweight so it's not like it falls right off.
    I eat a mountain of roasted veggies for dinner most nights (roasted in 1-2 tsp olive oil) plus protein on the side (salmon or tofu, usually). Sometimes a small portion of quinoa or sweet potato too, but not usually. That fills me up for a few hours, then I have a 175cal super filling nighttime snack of plain greek yogurt with fresh fruit and chia seeds. It's not hard to be full on 300cal if you eat the right things!

YOU know absolutely NOTHING. So you can stop private messaging me about how you know everything and I need to be quiet. I speak up because I am tired of hearing about how women need to starve themselves to lose weight. If you eat 1200-1400 calories a day then that speaks VOLUMES right there
  • tabinmaine
    Options
    I take dumps bigger than 300 calorie meals.

*dying laughing......
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    If I ever have a salad it has to have a lot of dressing on it, otherwise I just can't eat it. I am starting to have low calorie meals but as I only have 2 meals a day and snacks I have one with high calories. I don't have the time for 6 meals a day. You just have to look online to see the amount of meals for under 500 calories there are.
  • Carbcounteronly
    Options
    A patty of extra lean ground beef and a HUGE pile of roasted broccoli topped with lemon zest and a bit of parmesan.

Now THAT sounds SO delicious!!!!
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options

LOL

The post made it sound as if more frequent and smaller meals had some HUGE benefit. People often have the idea that eating frequently boosts your metabolism, really meal frequency and timing are practically irrelevant. Just trying to dispel the BS that gets posted on here daily. I wasn't pushing fasting and a big meal in any way... I was just trying to weed out some crap that someone else was pushing about frequent meals being better for you.

Really, its what is sustainable for you personally. There is no metabolic advantage to meal timing and frequency.

Sweet name calling too, bro.
  • tabinmaine
    Options

LOL

The post made it sound as if more frequent and smaller meals had some HUGE benefit. People often have the idea that eating frequently boosts your metabolism, really meal frequency and timing are practically irrelevant. Just trying to dispel the BS that gets posted on here daily. I wasn't pushing fasting and a big meal in any way... I was just trying to weed out some crap that someone else was pushing about frequent meals being better for you.

Really, its what is sustainable for you personally. There is no metabolic advantage to meal timing and frequency.

^^ knows what she is talking about...... and she has SWEET bi's ;)
  • jrue1985
    jrue1985 Posts: 191 Member
    Options

LOL

I guess THESE ^^^ are the only people who know what they are talking about for EVERYONE'S body. All of us are stupid, and what we are doing obviously isn't correct (even if it is showing positive results... that is just a fluke). Congratulations on being SO much smarter about ME than I am ;-)
  • ItsVJ
    ItsVJ Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I just made some very filling paella for 250 calories! and im stuffed!

YUM!! Recipe please!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • bcw660816
    bcw660816 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    My favorite dinner (and quick) ~

Gortons grilled signature Tilapia (2 pieces) 160 calories
    Steamed Broccoli (4 serving bag) 120 calories
    Mrs Dash seasoning (Tomato Basil and Southwest Chipotle are faves) 0 calories

So .... 10 minutes in the microwave and 280 calories for a HUGE plate of food.
  • tabinmaine
    Options

LOL

I guess THESE ^^^ are the only people who know what they are talking about for EVERYONE'S body. All of us are stupid, and what we are doing obviously isn't correct (even if it is showing positive results... that is just a fluke). Congratulations on being SO much smarter about ME than I am ;-)

and your positive results would be weight loss on the scale ? are those the kind of results you are referring to ?