whats everyones 300 calorie, filling, Fav meal?

Options

Replies

• sawah29
    sawah29 Posts: 14
    Options
    bumpety bump bump
  • thezephyrwolf
    thezephyrwolf Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    A double serving of Costco's chicken and chive dumblings. 280 cals, and probably a lot of salt. But that is what I eat for second dinner.

Alas! I have finally found a real live hobbit!
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    My lunch & dinner today were pretty good & around this amount!

Lunch was tuna (~100 cals) & a salad with kale, raspberries, tomatoes & cheese with champagne pear dressing (~200cals)!

Dinner was alfredo pasta! (High fiber penne 180 cals, cup of tomatoes, garlic, & alfredo pasta sauce ~120 cals)

I really like eating smaller amounts more frequently throughout the day now. :smile:

What alfredo pasta sauce is 120 calories WITH a cup of tomatoes and garlic included???
  • crlyxx
    crlyxx Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    An english muffin with honey and banana slices on top. That's more around 240 calories, but close enough xD
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    1 cup Oatmeal - 300 calories I eat it for breakfast.
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    sorry, i eat regular meals and snacks, i don't eat big portions, big portion is why people put on weight, ever tried to eat 750 calories of veg, would be extremely hard too do. 750 calories i could eat a whole pizza lol. if you eat 750 tell us what the is and i'll divide it :-D

loving the positive vibes

dont you love the narcissism in people? dont worry about it. My meals are 300-500 as well. some people CAN and WILL eat more. some of us cant. It's all in your own body and how it works.
    I'm fresh outta ideas here but read the threads and loathe the narcisism. thought i'd express my support in ya.
  • WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    bump
  • anfauvelle
    anfauvelle Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Huevos Ranchos
    Poach egg in 1 -1.5 cup salsa. Put on tortilla ( my home-made runs only 90 cal). Add 1 oz grated, low fat cheese and some jalapenos to your liking.
    300 cals fills me up BTW (I'm 5'2"). Tall people have a disadvantage that way...( :
  • lua_
    lua_ Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Great thread :)

Why come on here just to say '300...PAH' ? We choose how we structure our day and how we eat, so there's no need to be so condescending to people that don't want to eat 700+ calorie meals.

The pancake idea is brilliant!
  • ArroganceInStep
    Options
    sorry, i eat regular meals and snacks, i don't eat big portions, big portion is why people put on weight, ever tried to eat 750 calories of veg, would be extremely hard too do. 750 calories i could eat a whole pizza lol. if you eat 750 tell us what the is and i'll divide it :-D

loving the positive vibes

dont you love the narcissism in people? dont worry about it. My meals are 300-500 as well. some people CAN and WILL eat more. some of us cant. It's all in your own body and how it works.
    I'm fresh outta ideas here but read the threads and loathe the narcisism. thought i'd express my support in ya.

Explaining that you do things differently != narcissism
  • bambi2578
    bambi2578 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Bump - Great meal ideas!!
  • squiggyflop
    squiggyflop Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    2 ounces of rigatoni, 1 wedge of laughing cow cheese, 1/4 cup light alfredo sauce from a jar.

Pasta 210 calories
    Cheese 35 calories
    Alfredo 50 calories

295 calories for a huge plate.
    Melt the cheese into the sauce
    It only works with rigatoni. Rigatoni has a lot of air in it, and therefore looks bigger on the plate. You eat with your eyes. Nom it slowly with a huge glass of water.
  • MamaTop
    MamaTop Posts: 24
    Options
    Last night I sauteed 1 pound asparagus and 1 pound of medium shrimp with some garlic and EVOO and added a medium head of wilted cabbage .. it was pretty good! Low carb and lots of protein!

It was 6 servings and I had 2 which came in under 250 calories :) Left room for some popcorn while I watched a movie!!
  • ArroganceInStep
    Options
    2 ounces of rigatoni, 1 wedge of laughing cow cheese, 1/4 cup light alfredo sauce from a jar.

Pasta 210 calories
    Cheese 35 calories
    Alfredo 50 calories

295 calories for a huge plate.
    Melt the cheese into the sauce
    It only works with rigatoni. Rigatoni has a lot of air in it, and therefore looks bigger on the plate. You eat with your eyes. Nom it slowly with a huge glass of water.

Again, what alfredo sauce is that low? Even the light ones I know of are like 100 cals per 1/4 cup, and they taste like crap. The alfredo sauce I have is 230 per 1/4 cup...
  • JaneInKansas
    JaneInKansas Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Bump for ideas!
  • julieanne0924
    julieanne0924 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    bump
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Lentils and Chicken Breast
  • KeepCalmNGetyaSweatOn
    KeepCalmNGetyaSweatOn Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Brown rice, steamed broccoli and green beans! Yum.
  • nomoredoughnuts
    nomoredoughnuts Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    250g Minestrone Soup (or any other veggie soup)
    1 grilled turkey breast steak no oil
    1 cup of cucumber slices (don't add any salt because shop bought soups are quite high in sodium)
    and 1 pot of lemon meringue ski mousse (81 cals) if I want a treat.

All together 329 calories including the mousse :)
  • seanezekiel
    seanezekiel Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    300 calories is a snack.

Let me know when we're discussing real meals... like 750+ cal ones.

You are a big help and very supportive.