whats everyones 300 calorie, filling, Fav meal?

Options

Replies

• Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    sorry, i eat regular meals and snacks, i don't eat big portions, big portion is why people put on weight, ever tried to eat 750 calories of veg, would be extremely hard too do. 750 calories i could eat a whole pizza lol. if you eat 750 tell us what the is and i'll divide it :-D

loving the positive vibes

Nope it's this thinking that makes us fat. Calorie dense meals (yes, that means FAT!) eaten only when hungry is what burns off fat (and of course strenght training). I generally eat two meals per day and each one is around 750 cals. Sometimes I eat one meal and it's well over 1000. No, I wouldn't eat 750 calories of veggies because there wouldn't be enough fat and protein to meet my body's requirements. I wasn't meant to graze like a herbivore, so I don't.

So, no, I don't have any 300 calorie FILLING meal ideas, because it requires nutrients to feel full and satisfied.
  • bryionak
    bryionak Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites but is probably a little closer to 500 cals given the portion I eat is purdue boneless skinless chicken breast stir fried without oil in asian fortune general tso sauce, and green giant frozen chopped broccoli, served over brown rice. yes you could probably do better with fresher chicken and veggies and mix up your veggies to taste.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Crafty's cookies.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    IMG_20130417_093729_zps90858369.jpg

The southwest tofu scrambler has 355 and is so filling the portion is huge

link to recipe: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/962133-southwest-scrambler-vegan-vegitarian-with-pic
  • marcelain
    Options
    Me too!
  • marcelain
    Options
    I don't think is a bad idea. If, let's say you had a big lunch and your calorie goal is near the border line, then 300 is reasonable.
  • kbeaumont88
    kbeaumont88 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Treasures From the Sea - Parmesan Crusted Tilapia- 210 cals

Zucchini, includes skin, raw, 1 medium- 31

Mccormick - Garlic Salt, 0.3 teaspoon- 0

Crisco - Imported 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 0.5 Tbsp- 60

Total: 301

So good and so filling!!
  • phatnotfluffi
    Options
    bump! what a shock that an actually useful thread for me is loaded with tons of unnecessary/negative comments that have nothing to do with op's question SO COOL.
  • missshadowlovely
    missshadowlovely Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Baked sweet potato, brown rice, caramelized onion.
  • BoomstickChick
    BoomstickChick Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    300 calories is a snack.

Let me know when we're discussing real meals... like 750+ cal ones.

Not everyone can manage to do that and lose. Must be nice. I don't even eat 750 cal meals and I'm pregnant...
  • d_Mode
    d_Mode Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Egg White Frittata w/Mushrooms and Kale!
  • kayygreat
    kayygreat Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    bumpety bump
  • kitigonkukoo
    kitigonkukoo Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    If you started eating more and fueling yourself while you exercised you would lose weight faster and maintain that weight loss for life. When you eat too little you lose weight, but it's 50/50 muscle and fat..... if you want to lose fat then eat more and workout.

If you are tired of yo yo weight loss over years...... stop doing what you did before...it didn't work. Do something different ! :)

I agree completely.

Exactly.
  • laurenmanderson1
    laurenmanderson1 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sa11yjane
    sa11yjane Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    bump as I am loving some of the ideas.....bananas fried with egg?????? sounds intriguing!
  • DistantJ
    DistantJ Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Great idea for a thread. A lot of people like to eat frequently rather than 2 - 3 large meals, so there is some really valuable info here!
  • caleo2006
    caleo2006 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    300 calories is a snack.

Yes! This ^^^^^
  • sarahdominguez84
    Options
    I make a really good stirfry, it comes to about 400 calories, but if you didnt add the sugar and less sauce you could get it down to 300 calories. You can find the receipe in the search, Sarah's Stir Fry. 407 calories per serving. Having this for dinner tonight =)
  • squiggyflop
    squiggyflop Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    2 ounces of rigatoni, 1 wedge of laughing cow cheese, 1/4 cup light alfredo sauce from a jar.

Pasta 210 calories
    Cheese 35 calories
    Alfredo 50 calories

295 calories for a huge plate.
    Melt the cheese into the sauce
    It only works with rigatoni. Rigatoni has a lot of air in it, and therefore looks bigger on the plate. You eat with your eyes. Nom it slowly with a huge glass of water.

Again, what alfredo sauce is that low? Even the light ones I know of are like 100 cals per 1/4 cup, and they taste like crap. The alfredo sauce I have is 230 per 1/4 cup...
    Um. I cannot remember. Its got a squarish bottle and a fancy looking sort of logo. Sorry im not brand loyal so basically I just read the back of every alfredo bottle in the store and get the lowest cal kind. It does taste like crap, until you melt in the laughing cow wedge. Oh yeah, and it needs pepper too. Um the cheese is the garlic herb light kind.
  • Noodle797
    Noodle797 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    300 calories is a snack.

:laugh: I wish I could afford 750+ cal meals. Lucky you!

Agree! 750 per meal would mean no snacks for me :(