Another (potential) strike against red meat

Options

Replies

• abrahamsitososa
    abrahamsitososa Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    All I know is that meat generates uric acid and meat raises acidity of your blood. I stay away from that ****.
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Good time to be vegetarian.
    no it isnt

oh really? Most vegetables are modified as well....so unless you're going totally organic....
    And 90% of soy is genetically modified as well

Does that make vegetables bad for us?

its to make people think
    moderation of everything is the key
  • DatMurse
    Options
    All I know is that meat generates uric acid and meat raises acidity of your blood. I stay away from that ****.
    LOL?

if you are going to talk about metabolic compound you need to understand the function

unless you have a renal dysfunction or suffer from gout there is nothing for you to worry about
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

Hope you stay away from carbon dioxide too. Carbonic acid!
  • abrahamsitososa
    Options
    Im talking about meat generating uric acid regardless of your matabolism. I prefer to stay healthy.
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    One of the best antibiotics is raw garlic.

what are you smoking?

Cause I wanna get on that too.

Antibiotics will kill normal flora, so you are saying that garlic will kill all the bacteria in my system?
    if that happens I wont be able to properly digest things and that is just the tip of the iceberg.

how about this
    when you have a kid, dont give him any bacterial vaccines and stick to garlic.

let me know how that works for you

Raw garlic is a good antibiotic because it targets the bad bacteria leaving the good.
    It's more a preventative antibiotic than a treatment.

Wow, I wonder how garlic got so smart.

Raw garlic is not an antibiotic.
    It actually is, so are ginger, peppermint and lavender.

"Natural spices of garlic and ginger possess effective anti-bacterial activity against multi-drug clinical pathogens and can be used for prevention of drug resistant microbial diseases and further evaluation is necessary."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23569978

Did you read their methods?

They applied garlic extract to bacterial cultures. It's anti-bacterial. This does not mean it has any function or use as an antibiotic in vivo.

The claim "raw garlic is a strong antibiotic" is simply not true.

The researches about the garlic extracts effectiveness against clinical isolates of MDR-TB are of scientific importance. Allium sativum offers a hope for developing alternative drugs.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22194081

The crude A. sativum extract was the only one that did not show any antagonism with the antimicrobial drugs. The results thus showed the potential use of these medicinal plants against E. coli strains, although antagonism with antimicrobial drugs is a negative aspect in the combined therapy of infectious diseases caused by E. coli.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22011190
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    It takes many studies and lots of data to start to understand a new concept and accept something as fact. One study is not something to get freaked out about.

Agree totally. Though this is far from the first study to link red meat to disease.
  • DatMurse
    Options

what are you smoking?

Antibiotics will kill normal flora, so you are saying that garlic will kill all the bacteria in my system?
    if that happens I wont be able to properly digest things and that is just the tip of the iceberg.

how about this

Raw garlic is a good antibiotic because it targets the bad bacteria leaving the good.

"Natural spices of garlic and ginger possess effective anti-bacterial activity against multi-drug clinical pathogens and can be used for prevention of drug resistant microbial diseases and further evaluation is necessary."

They applied garlic extract to bacterial cultures. It's anti-bacterial. This does not mean it has any function or use as an antibiotic in vivo.

The researches about the garlic extracts effectiveness against clinical isolates of MDR-TB are of scientific importance. Allium sativum offers a hope for developing alternative drugs.

The crude A. sativum extract was the only one that did not show any antagonism with the antimicrobial drugs. The results thus showed the potential use of these medicinal plants against E. coli strains, although antagonism with antimicrobial drugs is a negative aspect in the combined therapy of infectious diseases caused by E. coli.

Now there is e.coli in our body. What if it kills the bacteria and it will cause GI problems?

It shows possibilities, we still do not know the capability until you run clinical trials of a fully formed drug. Remember... those are extracts.

Just something to think about
  • jonnythan
    Options

what are you smoking?

how about this

The first one says that a particular substance extracted from garlic - not raw garlic - provides some hope for developing antibiotics in the future.

The second was about certain plant extracts having antimicrobial - not antibiotic - properties.

Once again: "raw garlic is a strong antibiotic" is 100% false. Quit trying to justify the wrong claim. It's wrong.
  • iggyboo93
    iggyboo93 Posts: 524 Member
    Options

Hope you stay away from carbon dioxide too. Carbonic acid!

and what about all the lactic acid you produce during a workout? It's suicide by treadmill.
  • DatMurse
    Options
    Im talking about meat generating uric acid regardless of your matabolism. I prefer to stay healthy.

As I said. If you are trying to use scientific reasoning you need to understand the function of it

What does it cause?
    What is the role of uric acid in the system?
    what is the role of protein

Water can kill you too from over drinking it.
    are you going to stop drinking water?
  • mlcantwell
    mlcantwell Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    It takes many studies and lots of data to start to understand a new concept and accept something as fact. One study is not something to get freaked out about.

Agree totally. Though this is far from the first study to link red meat to disease.

I mean the Specific chemical mentioned in the article. I get what you mean though, if someone decides to cut it out of their diet based on lots of scientific articles in many areas about red meat then that's up to them, but one study baffles me. It always reminds me of the people who freaked out about the one study linking auitism to the mmr vaccine.
  • abrahamsitososa
    Options
    Forget what anybody thinks or what research they choose to believe. I believe raw garlic, collodial silver and echinecia and healthy natural antibiotics.
  • DatMurse
    Options

what are you smoking?

how about this

The first one says that a particular substance extracted from garlic - not raw garlic - provides some hope for developing antibiotics in the future.

The second was about certain plant extracts having antimicrobial - not antibiotic - properties.

Once again: "raw garlic is a strong antibiotic" is 100% false. Quit trying to justify the wrong claim. It's wrong.
    agreed.
    thats like growing penecillum on agar and licking it off because you have staph
  • DatMurse
    Options
    Forget what anybody thinks or what research they choose to believe. I believe raw garlic, collodial silver and echinecia and healthy natural antibiotics.

yea forget what people believe.

forget evidence and scientific belief.

making judgements based off of a simple name is much easier.
    You are going to live a very long life
  • abrahamsitososa
    Options
    What does uric acid cause? Lol google it. It causes a lot of different things. Feel free to google uric acid.
  • mlcantwell
    mlcantwell Posts: 243 Member
    Options

what are you smoking?

how about this

agreed.
    thats like growing penecillum on agar and licking it off because you have staph
    as someone studying microbiology I find this image hilarious
  • jonnythan
    Options

Try those out when you get pneumonia. See how it goes for you.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Good time to be vegetarian.
    no it isnt

oh really? Most vegetables are modified as well....so unless you're going totally organic....
    And 90% of soy is genetically modified as well

Does that make vegetables bad for us?

YES! The only earth sustainable way that is 100% organic and free of all GMO is for you to photosynthesize. Until you do that you are killing baby lambs, whales, red wood forests, the rain forest, mother earth and yourself!! MURDERER!
  • abrahamsitososa
    Options
    Well i'm much older than you and have flatter abs so i think i'm a little ahead of your game when it comes to living many years