Another (potential) strike against red meat

Options

Replies

• ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Forget what anybody thinks or what research they choose to believe. I believe raw garlic, collodial silver and echinecia and healthy natural antibiotics.

Try those out when you get pneumonia. See how it goes for you.

or syphilis... damn that's a tricky germ
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Forget what anybody thinks or what research they choose to believe. I believe raw garlic, collodial silver and echinecia and healthy natural antibiotics.

Try those out when you get pneumonia. See how it goes for you.

or syphilis... damn that's a tricky germ

Just drink colloidal silver. When your skin turns blue you know it's working.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Well i'm much older than you and have flatter abs so i think i'm a little ahead of your game when it comes to living many years

Random comment is...random
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Good time to be vegetarian.
    no it isnt

oh really? Most vegetables are modified as well....so unless you're going totally organic....
    And 90% of soy is genetically modified as well

Does that make vegetables bad for us?

YES! The only earth sustainable way that is 100% organic and free of all GMO is for you to photosynthesize. Until you do that you are killing baby lambs, whales, red wood forests, the rain forest, mother earth and yourself!! MURDERER!

Survival of the fittest baby!
  • bcattoes
    Options
    Well i'm much older than you and have flatter abs so i think i'm a little ahead of your game when it comes to living many years

I'm not sure who you are talking to, but since your profile says you are 30, talk to me in a couple of decades junior. :tongue:
  • abrahamsitososa
    abrahamsitososa Posts: 716 Member
    Options

I'm not sure who you are talking to, but since your profile says you are 30, talk to me in a couple of decades junior. :tongue:

I wasn't talking to you i know you're older and i respect your opinion.
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    One of the best antibiotics is raw garlic.

what are you smoking?

Cause I wanna get on that too.

Antibiotics will kill normal flora, so you are saying that garlic will kill all the bacteria in my system?
    if that happens I wont be able to properly digest things and that is just the tip of the iceberg.

how about this
    when you have a kid, dont give him any bacterial vaccines and stick to garlic.

let me know how that works for you

Raw garlic is a good antibiotic because it targets the bad bacteria leaving the good.
    It's more a preventative antibiotic than a treatment.

Wow, I wonder how garlic got so smart.

Raw garlic is not an antibiotic.
    It actually is, so are ginger, peppermint and lavender.

"Natural spices of garlic and ginger possess effective anti-bacterial activity against multi-drug clinical pathogens and can be used for prevention of drug resistant microbial diseases and further evaluation is necessary."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23569978

Did you read their methods?

They applied garlic extract to bacterial cultures. It's anti-bacterial. This does not mean it has any function or use as an antibiotic in vivo.

The claim "raw garlic is a strong antibiotic" is simply not true.

The researches about the garlic extracts effectiveness against clinical isolates of MDR-TB are of scientific importance. Allium sativum offers a hope for developing alternative drugs.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22194081

The crude A. sativum extract was the only one that did not show any antagonism with the antimicrobial drugs. The results thus showed the potential use of these medicinal plants against E. coli strains, although antagonism with antimicrobial drugs is a negative aspect in the combined therapy of infectious diseases caused by E. coli.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22011190

The first one says that a particular substance extracted from garlic - not raw garlic - provides some hope for developing antibiotics in the future.

The second was about certain plant extracts having antimicrobial - not antibiotic - properties.

Once again: "raw garlic is a strong antibiotic" is 100% false. Quit trying to justify the wrong claim. It's wrong.

Antimicrobials encapsulates antibiotics.

You made that claim. I never said it was a strong antibiotic by itself. I'm not sure how strong it is. I said it was a good antibiotic. Quit putting words in my mouth. I could post studies all day, but I don't care if you believe it and you are wasting my life. Raw garlic really is a good antibiotic.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

I swear by collodial silver.
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Body fat percentage that does not get into levels of obesity is not an indicator of health,

I would also like to see if you could push up more weight than me in the gym.

I also have 50 pounds on you and most likely alot more muscle mass.
    I am also probably taller than you so that means you are genetically inferior to me.
    On top of that your knowledge on physiological function, reason, and arguing is educationally inferior.
    You are also older than me and do not know anything about the human body. so I am ahead of you and younger

what are you trying to get at?
  • abrahamsitososa
    Options
    I drink collodial silver every day and yeah I look like the blue men group from Circus Di Solei.... grrrr. Lol
  • jonnythan
    Options
    One of the best antibiotics is raw garlic.

what are you smoking?

Cause I wanna get on that too.

Antibiotics will kill normal flora, so you are saying that garlic will kill all the bacteria in my system?
    if that happens I wont be able to properly digest things and that is just the tip of the iceberg.

how about this
    when you have a kid, dont give him any bacterial vaccines and stick to garlic.

let me know how that works for you

Raw garlic is a good antibiotic because it targets the bad bacteria leaving the good.
    It's more a preventative antibiotic than a treatment.

Wow, I wonder how garlic got so smart.

Raw garlic is not an antibiotic.
    It actually is, so are ginger, peppermint and lavender.

"Natural spices of garlic and ginger possess effective anti-bacterial activity against multi-drug clinical pathogens and can be used for prevention of drug resistant microbial diseases and further evaluation is necessary."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23569978

Did you read their methods?

They applied garlic extract to bacterial cultures. It's anti-bacterial. This does not mean it has any function or use as an antibiotic in vivo.

The claim "raw garlic is a strong antibiotic" is simply not true.

The researches about the garlic extracts effectiveness against clinical isolates of MDR-TB are of scientific importance. Allium sativum offers a hope for developing alternative drugs.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22194081

The crude A. sativum extract was the only one that did not show any antagonism with the antimicrobial drugs. The results thus showed the potential use of these medicinal plants against E. coli strains, although antagonism with antimicrobial drugs is a negative aspect in the combined therapy of infectious diseases caused by E. coli.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22011190

The first one says that a particular substance extracted from garlic - not raw garlic - provides some hope for developing antibiotics in the future.

The second was about certain plant extracts having antimicrobial - not antibiotic - properties.

Once again: "raw garlic is a strong antibiotic" is 100% false. Quit trying to justify the wrong claim. It's wrong.

Antimicrobials encapsulates antibiotics.

You made that claim. I never said it was a strong antibiotic by itself. I'm not sure how strong it is. I said it was a good antibiotic. Quit putting words in my mouth. I could post studies all day, but I don't care if you believe it and you are wasting my life. Raw garlic really is a good antibiotic.

There is zero evidence that garlic is an antibiotic at all, let alone "one of the best."

Some substances in garlic appear to have anti-microbial properties. So does hydrogen peroxide. Does that mean hydrogen peroxide is a good antibiotic?

No. Garlic is not "one of the best antibiotics."
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    HCl works GREAT as an anti-biotic.
  • jonnythan
    Options

Seriously, stop taking it. It accumulates in the body and serves no useful purpose whatsoever, no matter what the jerks trying to sell you bottles of it say.

You really want heavy metal to accumulate in your body? On purpose?
  • abrahamsitososa
    Options
    I do 85 pushups on one set and 15 pullups on one set. I can handle my own body weight and i don't have to take all that creatine that makes your arms look like your muscles are all soft full of water.
  • abrahamsitososa
    Options
    I take the Natures Sunshine brand. They pass fda inspection every year and their quality is #1 in the market. There's a very good article on youtube by Dr. Mercola on collodial silver you might want to check out.
  • billdes21
    Options
    I only eat red meat once a week, yeah for Sunday steak day!
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    I do 85 pushups on one set and 15 pullups on one set. I can handle my own body weight and i don't have to take all that creatine that makes your arms look like your muscles are all soft full of water.
    lol @ 15 pullups.

I am also not the height of below the average american

cause 85 pushups is an indicator of strength among the different energy pathways.
    Your arguments are pathetic and your knowledge on the human body are even worse.
    lets see you do dumbbell press for 130% of your body weight for repetitions

I havent been on creatine regardless.

you have no picture of your physique with a shirt off and you are already bashing people over the internet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X90wGD2CvZw
    I am pretty sure I am ahead of you

I dont flaunt my strength or attack people's physique.
  • bcattoes
    Options

Seriously, stop taking it. It accumulates in the body and serves no useful purpose whatsoever, no matter what the jerks trying to sell you bottles of it say.

Despite my advanced age, I had never heard of coloidal silver, but after a quick search I'd be a little leery of it.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/colloidal-silver/AN01682
    excerpt
    Manufacturers of colloidal silver products often claim that they are cure-alls, boosting your immune system, fighting bacteria and viruses, and treating cancer, HIV/AIDS, shingles, herpes, eye ailments and prostatitis. However, no sound scientific studies to evaluate these health claims have been published in reputable medical journals. In fact, the Food and Drug Administration has taken action against some manufacturers of colloidal silver products for making unproven health claims.

It's not clear how much colloidal silver may be harmful, but it can build up in your body's tissues over months or years. Most commonly, this results in argyria (ahr-JIR-e-uh), a blue-gray discoloration of your skin, eyes, internal organs, nails and gums. While argyria doesn't pose a serious health problem, it can be a cosmetic concern because it doesn't go away when you stop taking silver products.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    I take the Natures Sunshine brand. They pass fda inspection every year and their quality is #1 in the market. There's a very good article on youtube by Dr. Mercola on collodial silver you might want to check out.

Colloidal silver is a 100% scam, end of story. Colloidal silver has zero beneficial effects on the body. It does nothing but collect in your tissues.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

It works every time. When I start having sinus issues or feel a cold coming on, I take some. I don't take it every day. Why anyone would do that is beyond me. But I haven't had a full-blown sinus infection in years. I didn't believe my husband when he told me to try it. But that works. (Garlic works for the symptoms, but it's nasty shiz. Garlic alone has never stopped an infection in its tracks the way silver can.)