Another (potential) strike against red meat

Options

Replies

• jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Not if it's months later I wouldn't think. I only take one dose when I start to feel that stuffy head/scratchy throat/headachy-feeling. I don't get sick very often, but I used to get a sinus infection once or twice a year, and maybe one or two colds per year. I haven't been down sick for nearly a decade.

Where do you think the silver goes?

I imagine that it goes the same place as other drinks, through my body's systems.

Yeah. It doesn't. Once it makes it into your tissues, it never comes out. That's why people who get gray skin from drinking too much colloidal silver stay that way forever.

argyria.png

His skin is grayish blue because there's colloidal silver in it.

It will never go away, because the silver stays in body tissues forever.
  • abrahamsitososa
    abrahamsitososa Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Yes I know but if it's not backed by the medical industry or big pharma than these people will not believe you. They trust those industries so that's what they'll believe. As for me I have different beliefs and I trust mother nature more.
  • rocket_ace
    rocket_ace Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    saw this - I don't envy you the trolling you will get by veg-haters...good luck...
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Not if it's months later I wouldn't think. I only take one dose when I start to feel that stuffy head/scratchy throat/headachy-feeling. I don't get sick very often, but I used to get a sinus infection once or twice a year, and maybe one or two colds per year. I haven't been down sick for nearly a decade.

I imagine that it goes the same place as other drinks, through my body's systems.

Yeah. It doesn't. Once it makes it into your tissues, it never comes out. That's why people who get gray skin from drinking too much colloidal silver stay that way forever.

argyria.png

i thought you were comparing a black guy and white guy when i first glanced at the picture
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

argyria.png

Yeah, that's the same guy that everyone always points to, who took large amounts on a daily basis. I take a teeny bit in water once or twice a year. It's better than being off work for several days.

ETA: And it's MUCH better than paying a bunch of money for things that don't work at all.
  • abrahamsitososa
    abrahamsitososa Posts: 716 Member
    Options

argyria.png

Lol thats biased propaganda. There's different types of collodial silver.
  • jonnythan
    Options

Why would that be the case with silver and not other heavy metals?

Depends on the metal. Some, like iron and copper, are actually used by the body for various things. Iron is used in red blood cells, for instance. Others, like silver, are not used for anything so they literally just sit there.
  • jonnythan
    Options

argyria.png

Yeah, that's the same guy that everyone always points to, who took large amounts on a daily basis. I take a teeny bit in water once or twice a year. It's better than being off work for several days.

ETA: And it's MUCH better than paying a bunch of money for things that don't work at all.

I'm not saying that this will happen to you. I'm using it to show you that silver, once in the body, doesn't go anywhere. That guy will never be a normal color again, because there's no way to get the silver out of him.
  • ModoVincere
    ModoVincere Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    meh....life aint worth living without an occassional filet mignon...especially if it's bacon wrapped.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    wall of text removed
    Lets say in this case and relevant to the discussion - a severe adverse effect requiring either a secondary treatment and/or hospitalization (eg candidosis, Quinke, anaphalaxis, serum shock, etc.) These are rare events. I would not consider the common adv. events like rash, constipation, upset stomach, etc....

oh i am agreeing with you. i am a nursing student.

People do not have to follow the pharmaceutical industry at all. its their right.
    but if their kids die from a disease thats easily preventable by substances such as vaccines, they should be ready to live with that.
    whats worse?(throwing numbers out there)
    1% chance of a rare adverse effects or 99% chance of the bacteria spreading and causing sepsis if your body cannot fight it

Yep.

And while antibiotics should be reserved to proper use, they aren't a "necessary evil".:huh:
  • DatMurse
    Options
    Yes I know but if it's not backed by the medical industry or big pharma than these people will not believe you. They trust those industries so that's what they'll believe. As for me I have different beliefs and I trust mother nature more.
    UPDATE: JAN 15 2013 - I've gone down from 143 to 136 since I joined MfP. There was an unfortunate emergency In my family and I ended up living in the hospital taking care of my son for 2 weeks. I couldn't sleep well because I was so worried and his machine kept beeping + nurses and doctors kept walking in checking his vitals all day and night. Thanks to God my son is doing better and I'm back home

taken directly form this guys post profile.

If you truly believe that,

Next time dont bring him to the hospital.
    Take him to a homeopathic treatment person and let mother nature heal his body then

You are a hypocrit and if you really believed that you wouldn't have brought your son to the hospital.

Pharma and the medical industry saved your son.

I am not saying your son deserves to die I am stating that you are being a hypocrit. Everything we do in the hospital is based off of research rather than our "gut"

We base our information from the national institute of health and clinical trials

Even the stuff we learn in school is based off of research of the past. Research is what allowed people to save your son.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    UPDATE: JAN 15 2013 - I've gone down from 143 to 136 since I joined MfP. There was an unfortunate emergency In my family and I ended up living in the hospital taking care of my son for 2 weeks. I couldn't sleep well because I was so worried and his machine kept beeping + nurses and doctors kept walking in checking his vitals all day and night. Thanks to God my son is doing better and I'm back home

Take him to a homeopathic treatment person and let mother nature heal his body then

You are a hypocrit and if you really believed that you wouldn't have brought your son to the hospital.

I am not saying your son deserves to die I am stating that you are being a hypocrit. Everything we do in the hospital is based off of research rather than our "gut"

We base our information from the national institute of health and clinical trials

Even the stuff we learn in school is based off of research of the past. Research is what allowed people to save your son.

If he had just pumped his kid full of garlic and silver he would have been fine.
  • extraordinary_machine
    extraordinary_machine Posts: 3,028 Member
    Options
    I didn't feel like slogging through 9 pages to watch the inevitable fight break out.

I just had to get this off my chest: to the OP. Do you REALLY think that posting some random link to a random study wasn't going to cause a ruckus? Do you REALLY think that people that are totally okay with eating meat (red...white...or any other colored meat) are going to stop because some random stranger from teh interwebz posted a study that says it's bad?

I seriously doubt anyone on this site came to any one of the schmillion threads posted about the dangers of meat consumption on any given day...read the link...and then shouted, "HOLY CRAP!!!!!!! THAT'S IT, NO MORE MEAT!!!!!!!!"

Before anyone flames me...I don't hate vegetarians (or vegans, or pescitarians, or whateveratarians) and I don't care what you eat. Really. I don't. As long as it doesn't impact me, go for it. For me...I eat meat. I like it. Now, with that said, I don't eat meat EVERY day...we do meatless meals a couple days a week. But one study isn't enough to make me go hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Honestly, you'd have a better chance of converting people to a meat-free lifestyle if you did it in person, not on an internet website. All you're doing is creating drama. :flowerforyou:
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    I do a master cleanse. It flushes the carnitine from red meat.
  • DatMurse
    Options

If he had just pumped his kid full of garlic and silver he would have been fine.

I am not saying there is not shadiness of the medical and pharma field but generalizations are pretty ridiculous

When **** gets real all of these people who bash the medical industry get scared and run to "big pharma"

instead of taking chances with the people they preached about
  • Brads2ndLife
    Options
    You won't win friends with salad.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

You will if you throw some steak and bacon bits on it.
  • DatMurse
    Options

While nothing is tastier than a ribeye and I love beef

i dont think beef and salad go well together(IMO)
    I like chicken with it.

If i dont have any source of meat for my salad or too lazy to cook it i will put on a crap load of fresh mozzarela(just recently discovered it and it is aweosme)
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

While nothing is tastier than a ribeye and I love beef

i dont think beef and salad go well together(IMO)
    I like chicken with it.

If i dont have any source of meat for my salad or too lazy to cook it i will put on a crap load of fresh mozzarela(just recently discovered it and it is aweosme)

Agreed - so put the beef next to the salad, then. Just make sure you have the bacon bits.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    saw this - I don't envy you the trolling you will get by veg-haters...good luck...

The post was not pro-vegetarian or pro-vegan. It wasn't even anti-meat (I eat meat). I was simply sharing what I thought was an interesting article.