Water sucks, it really really sucks!

Options
Need help or tips on how to make sure I get my water intake in. I have been having a big issue drinking it. For the most part I get my Amino Energy powder in my water in the AM and PM but that only gets me about 40oz of water. The other 60oz I am struggling to even drink. And sadly - I am not getting really any other fluid in either.

No I don't drink soda, really don't want to use crystal light or other similar products because of the aspartame in them. So I have been thinking, since we are coming up to Spring and Summer and the wonderful sun in the PNW of making Ice Tea... unsweetened of course, I prefer it that way.

Any other idea's?

Replies

• missjazzyfe
    Options
    You can add fruit to them. I've seen a lot of things about soaking fruit in water overnight and stuff to get the taste naturally.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    Need help or tips on how to make sure I get my water intake in. I have been having a big issue drinking it. For the most part I get my Amino Energy powder in my water in the AM and PM but that only gets me about 40oz of water. The other 60oz I am struggling to even drink. And sadly - I am not getting really any other fluid in either.

No I don't drink soda, really don't want to use crystal light or other similar products because of the aspartame in them. So I have been thinking, since we are coming up to Spring and Summer and the wonderful sun in the PNW of making Ice Tea... unsweetened of course, I prefer it that way.

Any other idea's?

why... don't... you like water? is it bad where you live? get a filter.

it's kind of important.
  • dayone987
    dayone987 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Your body is capable of getting its H20 requirements from pretty much anything that contains water; coffee, tea, juice, fruits, vegetables etc. So,you don't really have to drink 64 oz of plain water everyday
  • bluebear_74
    bluebear_74 Posts: 179
    Options
    Carry a water bottle with you everywhere. If you don't like the taste add fruit to it or consider getting fruit teas (i.e. http://t2tea.com/tea/herbal-fruit-tisanes/fruit/) and chilling it.

While tea is good for you, I'm pretty sure ONLY tea is isn't probably the best idea. Keep in mind there's caffeine in tea.

I find it bazaar when people say they don't like water. You don't like air too?
  • 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    green tea loves you it helps with sore muscles for me.No added sweetners maybe honey when it is hot but thats when I am sore sore sore. No caff in green tea
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I splash a tiny bit of lemon juice into my water, just to give it some flavour. I also drink tons of green tea (both hot and cold)
  • Meaganandcheese
    Meaganandcheese Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Infused water is great!
  • Fit2Skinnyme33
    Fit2Skinnyme33 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Its not that I don't like it I just am struggling with make it a priority in my "routine" of the day.
  • 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Carry a water bottle with you everywhere. If you don't like the taste add fruit to it or consider getting fruit teas (i.e. http://t2tea.com/tea/herbal-fruit-tisanes/fruit/) and chilling it.

While tea is good for you, I'm pretty sure ONLY tea is isn't probably the best idea. Keep in mind there's caffeine in tea.

I find it bazaar when people say they don't like water. You don't like air too?

I cant get anyone in my whole family to drink water I mention it they act like I am a looney tune. And of course my fat old man cant have tea unless it has 2 cups of sugar to sweeten the pitcher :sick: It has gotten soooo bad that the children refuse to drink tap water and if left no other choice they will drink bottled. I purposely forget to buy drinks and sugar all the time when I shop lol I dont understand it is so good lol and free. Well water bill but you know what I mean lol
  • aj7x
    aj7x Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Try drinking it room temperature. I love water, I drink about 3-4 liters a day, but I could never get it down if it was cold! Also using a pre-measured bottle helps as well. I have a one litter bottle that I drink out of all day and make myself drink at least 2.
  • jasmine_noel
    jasmine_noel Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I will drink a ton more water if it's iced with lemon. I also love Celestial Seasonings herbal teas as iced tea. They're caffeine free and have a sweet-ish fruit flavor without any calories (country peach is my favorite). I make a big pitcher of it and it's good for a week if it lasts that long in my fridge.
  • Fit2Skinnyme33
    Options
    You can add fruit to them. I've seen a lot of things about soaking fruit in water overnight and stuff to get the taste naturally.

That's a good idea. Haven't thought of that. I do sometimes add lemon but adding raspberry or strawberry with a couple sprigs of mint would be good. Hmm thanks!
  • JuliaLee67
    JuliaLee67 Posts: 149
    Options
    Have you tried putting a slightly muddled slice of citrus (lemon, lime, orange), sprig of fresh mint, or slice of cucumber, in iced water and drinking it that way? The flavor permeates the water and adds no calories. In the summer, I like mint, cucumber and lime together, it's very refreshing and I manage to drink all the water I'm supposed to.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    sweat more...the more I sweat the more parched I am...the more I need water.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options

This. I drop a few chunks of fruit (pineapple is my favorite followed by strawberries) into the glass and keep refilling the glass with water all day. At the end of the day I toss the fruit in the disposal and wash the glass. DELICIOUS!!! It would work great with sparkling water too for some extra zip.
  • wannatangle
    wannatangle Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I have a Soda Stream and carbonate it. I don't add any flavorings just make it sparkling.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    add a straw
    try at room temp, makes it easier to drink faster than cold water
    maybe a fun container will help you want to drink it

really i love water and i am sorry you are having this issue :( not sure how to make you like something you dislike

also a mint leaf per gallon will make a nice flavor
  • Fit2Skinnyme33
    Options

This. I drop a few chunks of fruit (pineapple is my favorite followed by strawberries) into the glass and keep refilling the glass with water all day. At the end of the day I toss the fruit in the disposal and wash the glass. DELICIOUS!!! It would work great with sparkling water too for some extra zip.

I like it! Thanks ya'll!
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I like lime juice in my water. Either fresh squeezed or from a bottle when I can't get fresh limes.

As someone above said, try experimenting with temperature, too. Some people like water at room temp, and others really have to have it iced to drink lots of it. My water bottle is a thermos (hydroflask.com), so the water stays nice and cold.
  • Showmm
    Showmm Posts: 406 Member
    Options

100 ounces? 3 quarts of water??

I think you should aim for around 64oz and not worry about it if you only drink 40oz. As others have said, all the moisture in your food can count too.