Water sucks, it really really sucks!

Options

Replies

• JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Its not that I don't like it I just am struggling with make it a priority in my "routine" of the day.

I used to never EVER drink water in high school. I might have 2 glasses of juice in the day and that was it... now I carry water everywhere and feel thirty all the time. I basically had to train my body into having it. Just make yourself drink, knowing it's good for you and that you should and in time your body with 'click' and want you to do this.

Good luck!
  • JessHealthKick
    Options
    Mio's are sucralose instead of Aspartame. I can't consume aspartame as it makes me feel sick, but sucralose I can eat just fine. They get me through my water intake (though I should probably drink about 2 more cups a day.)

Drinking sugary water (diet as well) can't be that good for your teeth throughout the day, make sure you brush them regularly.

*have been dental nurse, seen the outcomes of people's strange fluid habits and it isn't pretty!
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Need help or tips on how to make sure I get my water intake in. I have been having a big issue drinking it. For the most part I get my Amino Energy powder in my water in the AM and PM but that only gets me about 40oz of water. The other 60oz I am struggling to even drink. And sadly - I am not getting really any other fluid in either.

No I don't drink soda, really don't want to use crystal light or other similar products because of the aspartame in them. So I have been thinking, since we are coming up to Spring and Summer and the wonderful sun in the PNW of making Ice Tea... unsweetened of course, I prefer it that way.

Any other idea's?
    Why are you trying to drink 100 oz of water? There's no reason to. Also, we generally get enough fluids from our regular diet and drinks. But in answer to your question, I think unsweetened tea is fine to drink.
  • Seriously, if you just TRY to drink 8 glasses you really will feel SO much better. I can't go a day without having my 12 glasses or I get headaches, feel sick, tired. It truly makes a difference :)
  • JessHealthKick
    Options
    Carry a water bottle with you everywhere. If you don't like the taste add fruit to it or consider getting fruit teas (i.e. http://t2tea.com/tea/herbal-fruit-tisanes/fruit/) and chilling it.

While tea is good for you, I'm pretty sure ONLY tea is isn't probably the best idea. Keep in mind there's caffeine in tea.

I find it bazaar when people say they don't like water. You don't like air too?

Fruit tisanes are a great idea - no caffeine, plenty of flavour. If you have only caffeinated drinks, you're going to get dehydrated because caffeine is a diuretic (makes you pee).

sorry for spam, but THIS ^^^

I was doing a lot of snowboarding last month and drank water like no tomorrow, but also had green tea (Japan) and felt dehydrated. One of the guys at the lodge pointed that out, and not having it made an enormous difference. So it's a double edged sword really!
  • phyllisbobbitt
    phyllisbobbitt Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: try flavored green tea! it is very healthy & the blueberry tea bags are great tasting! you don't need any sugar in it! i make mine up at night & put it in the fridge & it is ice cold for the day! i drink a gallon a day!
  • MTGirl4Life
    MTGirl4Life Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I have found that I drink more water now that I have my own reusable Planet Zak bottle (it holds 28 oz, and I drink at least 2, and sometimes 3 during my 8 hours at work; and then I have one I take to the gym and drink at least 1 to 2 there; and then at home at night, I try to drink another 16 to 24 oz from the time I am home until I go to bed). They are going to come out with a fruit/tea infuser, so I am going to get one and use some of these great ideas. I also drink at least 16 oz of hot green tea everyday. I find that I tend to drink more water when I use a straw, too. Another thing I do is that if I have to use the restroom, I try to remember to chug down at least 8 oz before I go into the bathroom. When I first upped my water intake, it seemed as though I went to the bathroom every hour or two. Now that I have become accustomed to the amount I drink, I am not having to go as much; which is great because it is difficult to have to use the restroom so much when I am at work.
  • MTGirl4Life
    MTGirl4Life Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I worked at a place where I hated the water (I have well water, so drinking city water can be nasty for me in some cities). So, I bought myself a 64 oz water jug to bring to work with me every day. Sometimes, I would simply refill three or four 20 oz water bottles at home, and put them in a large lunch bag with a large blue block ice pack (not sure what it is called).
  • jimfoxer
    jimfoxer Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I had the same exact problem! I just absolutely hated drinking water! I used to drink so much Crystal Lite, but didn't like the chemicals (or the taste too much either). That changed when I got a new water bottle. I ordered it from Best Buy (of all places) since I had coupons to spend and it's called the "Bobble". There isn't anything all that special, except it has a charcoal filter in it and you squeeze the water into your mouth instead of sipping from it. I can't explain why these two things matter so much, but I found myself drinking so much more because of it! I bought one for my 12 year old son, and he drinks from it all day and doesn't ask for anything else. So get yourself a cool bottle with a filter on it. It could really be all the difference!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    all i do is add up all my non caffeinated beverages and count that in my daily water glass pic on the diary. it's just about staying hydrated. so i coun't all juices, shakes, decaf coffee, etc.
  • allikat93
    allikat93 Posts: 236
    Options
    I have a hard time with water intake too. I love Mio (no aspartame!!!) and have found that drinking out of a water bottle makes it way easier. I do use the bottle multiple times (I have some AMAZING well water). I also drink a lot of herbal teas and Arizona Green Tea. Not a big milk/juice/soda drinker. Try the Mio or set an alarm on your phone and drink 8 oz two hours or so.

On a diff note.. My grandma refuses to drink water because she has almost drowned three times. She is a solid Diet Pepsi drinker. (yuck)

So many people find it easier to drink out of a bottle. Wonder why that is....
  • BlueJayLaw
    BlueJayLaw Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I used to have a BIG, HUGE, RIDICULOUS issue drinking more soda than I did water (I mean, I used to drink a liter of root beer a day)

When it came time to drinking more water and cutting out the soda, I found myself migrating more towards sparkling water. For me, it's all about the bubbles! I usually use it as an excuse to make it a "fruit cocktail" because I'll order a sparkling water with lemon, lime, cherries and such in it.

I'm a big fan of the Crystal Geyser sparkling water with the hint of lemon flavor. I can atleast drink two while I'm at work!

Or, get a really nifty water bottle that makes you just want to use it :)
  • squall88c
    squall88c Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Try drinking it room temperature. I love water, I drink about 3-4 liters a day, but I could never get it down if it was cold! Also using a pre-measured bottle helps as well. I have a one litter bottle that I drink out of all day and make myself drink at least 2.

We have the same strategy!
    At the very least I should be able to down 1 liter before lunch time and another before going home from the office.
    This doesn't include the water I drink at breakfast & dinner.

Fit2Skinnyme3, I would recommend getting yourself a 1 liter bottle to help you.
  • dovetail22uk
    dovetail22uk Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    a lovely big cuppa:drinker:
  • Pixie_star1234
    Pixie_star1234 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I agree!!!! I mix it with orange squash. Simples!!
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    You know what I hate? Air.
  • blackcloud13
    blackcloud13 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I gind drinking water really hard work and unnatural - so I just force myself by rule.
    1. First thing every day, I HAVE to drink 3 cups
    2. Before my beloved daily latte, I have to drink one cup
    3. I force myself to have two cups at lunch

No fun. One weird thing ive found (probably works just form me) is its much easier tomdrink from a sports bottle than a cup - so there is one at my desk. Also, I find a water bottle in a dull meeting works well - when the meeting realy gets dull, drinking water doesnt seem so bad!
  • GymBeast2
    GymBeast2 Posts: 81
    Options
    Just in case no one said it yet....

MIO!
  • demorelli
    demorelli Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Oddly enough for me the trick is all in the water bottle. I have to find a bottle I actually like and if I get bored with it I tend to drink less and have to change up again. Right now I'm on the "Smart Water" 24 oz bottle which I only have to fill 3 times to get to and even go over my daily minimum. Also you can count basically anything as water except most alcohol (you could probably get away with counting 1-2 beers because they're relatively low alcohol but beyond that the alcohol will still have a dehydrating effect) and super high caffeine content such as energy drinks. You can even count that morning cup of coffee, although you probably don't want to count more than 2-3 cups of anything caffeinated.
  • swissbrit
    swissbrit Posts: 201
    Options
    Fruit or herb teas including green tea which I love with lemon juice :-) if you like sweet try Stevia and anyone that likes gas in their water get a soda stream and zap the cold tea :-):flowerforyou: