Water sucks, it really really sucks!

Options

Replies

• n1ghtshade
    n1ghtshade Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I found it hard to drink water, but I found an app to remind me to drink more, you put in your details and it tells you how much you need to drink per day, and gives reminders during the day if you're not drinking enough.
  • krissy_krossy
    krissy_krossy Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    What's so terrible about water? The way some people feel about it makes me think that they were raised on nothing but juice and soda pop.

It's water...

Still, MFP should have it say "liquid intake" instead. I see some people who say that it's only considered water if it falls from the sky or you surf in it or something, but that's just silly. It all mixes in your stomach anyway. *shrug*
  • queenbear5
    queenbear5 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Try Cascade Ice. The Mango Pomegranate flavor is fantastic. It's just sparkling water. No artificial sweeteners, no calories. Just delicious.
  • krissy_krossy
    krissy_krossy Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    green tea loves you it helps with sore muscles for me.No added sweetners maybe honey when it is hot but thats when I am sore sore sore. No caff in green tea

Green tea has caffeine... Even decaf has some, although it's a negligable amount unless you're getting certain medical tests done. Then they'll tell you that you can't even have decaf (like when I had some heart tests done.)
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    If you break down you water by meal, it isn't that hard to get in 8 cups a day.

I chug one 16-oz glass before breakfast.

Then, I drink 16 oz with lunch and 16 oz with dinner. If I get to the end of the meal and haven't quite finished my water, then I just chug what's left. No big deal.

I keep a 16 oz cup on my desk and sip on it throughout the day, and if I get to the end of the work day and it's not quite empty-- yep: chug.
  • mikeberthold
    mikeberthold Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/story/2012/06/08/water-eight-glasses-myth.html

As it says - let your thirst guide you. I never force drink, I just drink when I'm thirsty. It makes things much easier.
  • Woomytron
    Woomytron Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    http://www.brookstone.com/aqua-zinger-flavored-water-maker

This makes it easier. When I first started drinking water I used this all the time. Now I love just plain ice water.
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Skipped through a bit, so sorry if this has been said but I use an app called "water your body". A little alarm goes off every so often to remind you to drink. My sixth formers find it hilarious that I need a reminder to drink, but now when it goes off they all say "time to drink miss". Cute, lol.

Also, a slice of lemon is lovely in water - as is peppermint tea :D

Good luck!
  • nas061
    nas061 Posts: 256 Member
    Options

As it says - let your thirst guide you. I never force drink, I just drink when I'm thirsty. It makes things much easier.

^^this.

If you are having to force yourself to drink water then you probably don't need it. Unless your urine is a dark yellow you are probably OK. Additionally, your body absorbs water from food that you ingest.
  • StrongAtLast
    StrongAtLast Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    "Now that's what I call high quality h20"...
    I drink mine through a straw . it helps not "taste" it.. Also I like mine room temp. Don't like it cold. And the water out of the tap tastes horrible to me (Our water has a lot of chlorine in it)..so I use a filter. Finally, i do use crystal light, but maybe 1/8 of a pack in a 24 oz glass of water...
  • shellbak
    shellbak Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I put my water in a 32oz Gatorade (or similar) bottle. That way I only need to drink two for the day and it doesn't seem like such a big number! I need to make sure I drink the 1st one before noon and then another one from noon-bedtime. If it is noon and I haven't finished it, I slam it until it's gone at noon to make my goal. I am the same way, I just didn't drink anything throughout the day. But now I find myself, thristing for more water and have to fill up my Gatorade bottle more than twice. Not sure if it will help, but two bottles a day tricks me into thinking it's not that much!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I have to disagree. Water is refreshing and hydrating.
  • kikilita
    kikilita Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I hate, HATED water even as a little kid, I found the stuff tasteless and gross. But recently I've discovered cherry limeade and key lime sparkling water from Wal Mart 33.8 fluid ounces at about 68 cents a bottle ($6 or $7 for 12 packs) and I drink two a day- I was drinking four a day for like two weeks, but now I can get by drinking two and refilling it with just regular water and drinking it just fine. It's working out great! I'll never understand but always be envious of the people that just love water, lol! I used to drink 2 cans of dr. pepper a day, at least!
  • dovetail22uk
    dovetail22uk Posts: 339 Member
    Options

^^this.

If you are having to force yourself to drink water then you probably don't need it. Unless your urine is a dark yellow you are probably OK. Additionally, your body absorbs water from food that you ingest.

Agree agree agree

And I also enjoy a nice cup of tea on a regular basis. Same difference as drinking water, no?
  • scottdeeby
    scottdeeby Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Club soda + squeeze of lime yum!
  • bluebear_74
    bluebear_74 Posts: 179
    Options
    Carry a water bottle with you everywhere. If you don't like the taste add fruit to it or consider getting fruit teas (i.e. http://t2tea.com/tea/herbal-fruit-tisanes/fruit/) and chilling it.

While tea is good for you, I'm pretty sure ONLY tea is isn't probably the best idea. Keep in mind there's caffeine in tea.

I find it bazaar when people say they don't like water. You don't like air too?

I cant get anyone in my whole family to drink water I mention it they act like I am a looney tune. And of course my fat old man cant have tea unless it has 2 cups of sugar to sweeten the pitcher :sick: It has gotten soooo bad that the children refuse to drink tap water and if left no other choice they will drink bottled. I purposely forget to buy drinks and sugar all the time when I shop lol I dont understand it is so good lol and free. Well water bill but you know what I mean lol
    When I was younger I loved soft drinks, use to drink them all the time so my Mum stopped buying them. Now I'll have something maybe once every 2 weeks. Sometimes making if fun encourages kids to drink more, we bought a family friend this water dispenser thing while we were overseas (we had one and they liked it) and they had to keep refilling it because the kids kept wanting to use it (and drank the water in the process).

ETA: This kickstarter might interest some people who don't like water: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/goeverly/everly-drink-mixes-made-right?ref=category
  • Inkygurl
    Inkygurl Posts: 5
    Options
    the more I work out, the more I drink... so like was said earlier- sweat more! squeezing a lemon in it can be yummy too- but I don't find it necessary.
  • toomuchbootyindapants
    toomuchbootyindapants Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Every time I go to Wendy's I gank a bunch of straws - they are *the best* for drinking water since they are so wide. I fill up a 30 oz cup, pop in my straw, and suck.it.down. No need to add anything to it (I hate lemon).
  • Sheila_KI
    Sheila_KI Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I use Celestial Seasonings Fruit Tea - Caffeine Free - I make a pot of in the morning and drink it over ice in the afternoon. Adds flavor without sugar to the water.
  • nekoface
    nekoface Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I make tea and put it in a jug-type tupperware in the fridge.