Water sucks, it really really sucks!

Options

Replies

• KimberlyDCZ
    KimberlyDCZ Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I drink the most of my water during and after a workout. I can down 2 bottles during Zumba bc when I'm hot and sweaty, that's when I'm the thirstiest.
  • lharris583
    Options
    I hate water, too. A lot. So, I've been using the Crystal Light Liquid(s)..the Pomtini one is really good and its 0 calories. Give it a try.
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    perhaps if you think of the people in this world, so many young children and mothers, who don't have access to clean drinking water it might help you to appreciate it more? and if you can't drink it, donate to those who are without
  • JennNH12
    JennNH12 Posts: 56
    Options
    We have water issues with our well. First, it smells like farts. Nasty. Second, we had it tested and the arsenic levels are over state levels and since arsenic is something that sticks with you...we now spend over $15 bucks a week on water. By now, I could have purchased the filtration system for under the sink. Thats something I plan on doing in the future. Anyways, as much as Crystal Light and MIO are not natural....it is the only way I can get to a good amount of water a day. I gave up everything else (But not coffee! LOL) I used to drink. I also have milk sometimes. So for me....not enjoying plain water....I use the flavorings to get me to an acceptable amount of water per day. I do like the fruit water made with pineapple idea someone else had. That sounds great to me. I may try that soon.
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    We have water issues with our well. First, it smells like farts. Nasty. Second, we had it tested and the arsenic levels are over state levels and since arsenic is something that sticks with you...we now spend over $15 bucks a week on water. By now, I could have purchased the filtration system for under the sink. Thats something I plan on doing in the future. Anyways, as much as Crystal Light and MIO are not natural....it is the only way I can get to a good amount of water a day. I gave up everything else (But not coffee! LOL) I used to drink. I also have milk sometimes. So for me....not enjoying plain water....I use the flavorings to get me to an acceptable amount of water per day. I do like the fruit water made with pineapple idea someone else had. That sounds great to me. I may try that soon.

Once I stayed in a house where water smelled like that :) It was horrible, like the bowels of Beelzebub. Showers were unpleasant. Brushing teeth with that water also sucked. But for drinking, a simple Brita filter did help. Carbon filters remove smells pretty effectively.
  • mikeroobuddha
    Options
    There are loads of apps for iPhone and android that will work out how much to drink for your size etc and then remind you when it's time to drink....... All you have to do is follow the prompt when your phone goes off, simple! :-)
  • jimfoxer
    jimfoxer Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    When I was in 7th grade health, we had an assignment (worth a test grade!) to drink 8 glasses of water everyday for a month. Our parents had to sign the sheet saying that we did, so we couldn't just lie about it. I found it near impossible! Then I came up with the idea, "Water Out, Water In". I put my glass in the bathroom on the sink, and whenever I would have a wee, I'd drink. Literally! I remember starting to drink first, and then visualizing it going through my body to its eventual exit. For my 13 year old self, this was great fun, and I had no problem completing the assignment. I haven't tried this in a long while, but I imagine the fun wouldn't be lost on a (slightly!) older version of myself. Give it a shot! It might just be so incredibly amusing that you are drinking far more than your 64oz of water a day! :)
  • crlyxx
    crlyxx Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I don't quite understand the 8-glasses-a-day thing. I hardly manage like 2-3 a day; I just don't see how anyone can be that thirsty. If I'm not thirsty, then downing a glass of water is just a pain and makes me feel a little nauseated.
  • 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I don't quite understand the 8-glasses-a-day thing. I hardly manage like 2-3 a day; I just don't see how anyone can be that thirsty. If I'm not thirsty, then downing a glass of water is just a pain and makes me feel a little nauseated.

as you go on in your journey the better you eat (fiber ,protein etc) and the increase in exercise and calorie intake based on your weight loss your thirst will increase. I was at 4 8oz a day for first week and now I am finding with the warmer weather and stuff I actually drank 8 8oz yesterday.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    It's water. Chug it down. Make yourself drink it for 2-3 weeks. After that it you'll be used to drinking lots of it, and get thirsty more.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I love the way water makes me feel all moist in my mouth.........You will learn to love it.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I love the way water makes me feel all moist in my mouth.........You will learn to love it.

Yes, this. You will learn to love it if you just swallow it regularly.

Edit: Serious reply. I find that I drink more water if it is out of a bottle or cup that I like. And with ice.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    SOTUNC1050.gif
  • MissMormie
    MissMormie Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/story/2012/06/08/water-eight-glasses-myth.html

As it says - let your thirst guide you. I never force drink, I just drink when I'm thirsty. It makes things much easier.

^This yes. Why would you try to get more water in if you're body is obviously not asking for it?!? As long as your urine is a pale yellow you're fine. Please can we do away with the 8 glasses myth already?
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    dude-dont-drink-that-water-its-wet.jpg
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Do you like green tea? Or i like sassy water just cut up you favorit fruit and freeze it or just buy frozen fruit ( check the labels) and use it as icecubes its a flavoring without all the junk
  • CTCMom2009
    CTCMom2009 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Buy a pitcher or water bottle that you can infuse fruit in... look on amazon, they have a few. Lemons, mint, berries... anything to give the water a natural flavoring should help you out!
  • natashalh1998
    natashalh1998 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I prefer my water at room temperature. I have 64oz water bottle that sits on my desk, I find it easier to drink the water if I can see how much I've consumed.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    dude-dont-drink-that-water-its-wet.jpg

The wetter the better.....amirite?
  • nas061
    nas061 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Why would you try to get more water in if you're body is obviously not asking for it?!? As long as your urine is a pale yellow you're fine. Please can we do away with the 8 glasses myth already?

Perfectly said!