What Gym do you use?

Options

Replies

• blondie_182_182
    blondie_182_182 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Planet Fitness...I know that a lot of people dislike it and I think the whole lunk thing is ridiculous, but mine is pretty laid back about it. It's affordable (unlike many of the gyms in my area), it's open 24 hours which works for my 4 am workouts, and it's 5 minutes from home. Other gyms in the area that are open 24 hours run $75 a month for one person.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options

5.) Bally Total Fitness (for classes: Step, Spin, Sculpt (strength training), Boot Camp (cardio/body weight strength training), Yoga, Pilates, etc... and the occasional times when I can't rough it outside and I play hamster on the treadmill! Access to trainers. Heavy lifting!)

You still have those? In Dallas they seem to be out of business. And LA fitness bought the one down the street from me.
  • FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    I have hyperacusis which makes gym noise unbearable. I just do it at home. I would love to get into a regular gym though. I doubt I will ever be able to.

Headphones wouldn't help?
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Planet Fitness.

It suits my needs.
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I have hyperacusis which makes gym noise unbearable. I just do it at home. I would love to get into a regular gym though. I doubt I will ever be able to.

Headphones? I think headphones would really be a bother. The problem is sound that doesn't bother most people, really just puts me on the ceiling. Although I guess it could be worth a shot. Actually, maybe this is a good idea. I have heard of people with hyperacusis finding ways to get their noise comfort level to increase. Maybe headphones could help. I wear earplugs in most situations where sound is unbearable, but I don't know how wise it is to wear earplugs at the gym. I don't know how safe that would be.
  • FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options

Headphones? I think headphones would really be a bother. The problem is sound that doesn't bother most people, really just puts me on the ceiling. Although I guess it could be worth a shot. Actually, maybe this is a good idea. I have heard of people with hyperacusis finding ways to get their noise comfort level to increase. Maybe headphones could help. I wear earplugs in most situations where sound is unbearable, but I don't know how wise it is to wear earplugs at the gym. I don't know how safe that would be.

Well I hope it helps, you could listen to music you like and probably not hear most of what's around you. I know that I listen to music loud enough that I have to pause it to hear other people.

I don't understand the condition you have, but they also have "noise cancelling" headphones and earbuds that could be good for you. They digitally cancel out background noise rather than otherwise covering your ears to keep sound from getting in.

Also... Sunday mornings :) nobody around lol
  • Lanise_10
    Lanise_10 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    American Family Fitness and our home gym
  • canadianvampyregurl
    canadianvampyregurl Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I actually have an appointment this afternoon to check out a gym .... then after that im going to another one so i can compare prices...i really miss the zumba classes that a certain gym offers...plus i like to use the weight machines now and then :) I have an elliptical at home which i am going to start using again...
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    i go to la fitness. its about 2 miles from my house, and never crowded!
  • malena43
    malena43 Posts: 31
    Options
    LUCILLE ROBERTS!!! I love their classes!!!!!!:love::happy:
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    I go to 24 hour fitness and also have a home gym.
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Club24
  • _kannnd
    _kannnd Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    My gym is call Fitness Tri. I have free access to a chiropractor there and all the extra classes are free. It's big enough to always have machines open, but small enough to not have to fight a crowd. There are a few meatheads there, but overall, it's a great place with some awesome trainers who are almost always there and will give you good advice.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    Dinardos

joined probably 5 years ago but it allowed me to eat fast food 4 days a week without completely generating my own gravitational force
  • seths_wife
    seths_wife Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Planet fitness. Or my living room. :smile:
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    24 Hour Fitness. Year-long membership with access to all Sport-level gyms nationwide, which is good if I'm traveling or want to work out with someone who lives in a different part of town. Cardio, weights, group classes, pool, hot tub, sauna, basketball court, racquetball court... After the discounts and reimbursements I get from my employer, I'm paying $3/month out of pocket. It's frikkin awesome.
  • chrislynn_marie
    chrislynn_marie Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Anytime Fitness
  • Humbugsftw
    Humbugsftw Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    A chain of gyms called The Gym. However, will be switching to Virgin Active when I move in with my boyfriend in June (there's one 5 minutes away from our future flat)
  • tntholland
    Options
    Planet Fitness :smile:
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Planet Fitness: Cheap and weights are weights.