BLACK GIRLS WORKOUT TOO!!

Options

Replies

• biggsterjackster
    biggsterjackster Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    lol @ the title. But hey, its the work out thats important!
    There is a huge perception that black women refuse to workout for a number of reasons. Hair being #1.

Really!!!!????
  • healthysista66
    Options
    Man I will say this. That first day I was sore. My legs were on fire. I love the workout though. The mother in the DVD keeps me going amd motivated. She and the daughter look great. I'll be popping it back in my DVD tonite.
  • seren1ty74
    seren1ty74 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    lol @ the title. But hey, its the work out thats important!
    There is a huge perception that black women refuse to workout for a number of reasons. Hair being #1.

Really!!!!????

Really! It took me a long time to get over it, but i'm over it.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Study after study shows that we respond positively to seeing people who look like us, whether it be in schools (hence the need for diverse teachers) or workouts. It doesn't mean we do best ONLY seeing people like us, but how many workout DVD's are all white girls, maybe with a token guy? I have noticed that in at least one Leslie Sansone Walking Away the pounds has a token black guy in with all the white women. It is always nice when you can wrap up your token gestures in one package </sarcasm>

Chris Powell's Extreme Weightloss Workout has some diversity and level 1 is a good starting place for someone who has a low fitness level.

30 Day Shred might be another one to try.
  • asiantaye
    Options
    Im just getting into the black girls workout too. I waiting for the second dvd to arrive.
  • Domineer
    Domineer Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Nice to see so many black women come out of the wood works and respond to MFP threads. Why isn't there this much response on other threads?? There shouldn't have to be "black" in the title for y'all to come out and show yourselves. Cmon sistas!
  • TheSlumberDiva
    TheSlumberDiva Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
    Which one did you order? The first or second DVD???
  • JoshonnaTrundle
    JoshonnaTrundle Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I ordered BlackGirlsWorkoutToo and currently waiting for it to arrive . Excited to say the least ! Let's get FIT !
  • JazmineYoli
    JazmineYoli Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    This is the first I am hearing about this DVD. I might have to check it out.
    I don't do home video's but Phaedra's is a top seller! Get your workout on and you will have great results too.

And Phaedra's has a video too. I must be asleep though life.
  • MsLaTisha83
    MsLaTisha83 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I didn't know they had a workout DVD. I often see the success stories on facebook from their page. Black girls do work out!! (I'm getting there lol) I'll have to check out the DVD.
  • sunshyne0284
    sunshyne0284 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just recieved my DVD and I'm so ready to try this workout plan out.
  • mrskt20
    mrskt20 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just borrowed the DVD from my cousin but she can't find the meal plan. Would anyone mind emailing it to me? mrskt20@yahoo.com
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Nice to see so many black women come out of the wood works and respond to MFP threads. Why isn't there this much response on other threads?? There shouldn't have to be "black" in the title for y'all to come out and show yourselves. Cmon sistas!

Good question.
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options

its said that black girls dont want to sweat out their hair-dos that they spent hours in a salon to get perfected... so they opt not to workout.... but now that diabetes and heart disease have killed off their prior generations, younger black women are getting smarter... there are many who have given up perms ( contains carcinogen) and others who just find other ways to deal with the hair issue...

I am grateful for organizations like "blackgirlsrun" and "blackwomendoworkout" among others ( there is a black folks swim or something close to that which is another goody because its not a lie that most blacks never learn how to swim) ...

changing perceptions, changing realities...changing lives...BRINGING SEXY BACK!!

I love natural hair on black women. So pretty. Heck, I love natural hair, lol. Mine gets very little done to it.

That's too bad that hair can have such an impact on someone's life. I get it--well, as much as this white girl with baby fine hair she hated growing up can get it--but I still think it stinks.
  • snoodled
    snoodled Posts: 57
    Options
    Fit Black Girls Rock!!! :happy:
  • Kimsoontobe
    Kimsoontobe Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Please don't ask how I know about this, but donkey or stallion?
    RHW-ATL-Workout-DVD_510x380.jpg
  • love9705
    love9705 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    You got this hun!!!!
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    His black chick definitely works out
  • msaestein1
    msaestein1 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/888727-black-women-avoiding-exercise-to-maintain-hairstyles-study?hl=black+women+avoid+working&page=5#posts-14976920

A few people are saying they have never heard of women, primarily black women, avoiding working out because of fear of ruing their hair style. Quite a few non-black women posted on this thread and could relate. There is an article attached as well
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!