90lb in 14 weeks with pics (hopefully!)

Options
12345679»

Replies

• staceywhimsy
    Options
    I was unable to view your pics, but I am very impressed with your progress! You give me hope that I can lose 20 lb. 10 weeks. You are a great motivator! Congratulations and keep up the good work.
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    OP,thank you for replying to your original post......and I thought you probably consulted with your DR to help you on this goal

I am supportive that youve chosen to relate your experience with us ,and I will save it for help with my own weight loss........I am so so prooud of you for being taken off blood pressure medicine.............

its too bad the haters didnt read what you replied with yesterday..........its incredible how many 20 year old Drs come on this site to chit chat about thier struggles of weight loss, I totally ignore them

I have accomplishments that helped save my life, and did this thru rapid weight loss......no regrets here, just EXCELLENT, DAILY HEALTH........

I worked out 75 mins max at cardio this am, had my heart rate up to 95%..........could have never done that 2 years ago..........

take care, and best wishes ,you look great.............
  • lasulit
    lasulit Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Wow, You are the man!!!!
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    Has the OP divulged the results of his electrocardiogram or comprehensive metabolic panel?
    We don't know, do we?

Oh and the ops diary is open - so you can see it is low in protein - one of the risk factors in the study.

Enough to cause a critically low albumin level?

I'll just ask you point blank. Do you think netting 200-400 calories a day is a healthy way to live?

To live (meaning a long-term life style), no.
    As a short-term weight loss plan under the direct supervision of a physician with the net being at least 800, perhaps.
    The risks of such a plan need to be carefully discussed and weighed with the person, their physician and dietician.
    Were his co-morbidities putting him at a higher risk for death than this diet plan?
    I don't know.
    My points:
    1.) none of us know for sure
    2.) assertions need to be qualified and supported
    3.) more empirical evidence is needed
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation!! Congrats!
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Do you know how much of that 90 lbs used to be muscle?
  • Proyecto_AN
    Proyecto_AN Posts: 387
    Options
    Congrats. You did it your way. Fck the haters.
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    well done
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    That is A LOT of weight to lose in a short amount of time. What are your plans for maintenance? You're eventually going to need to be eating around 2600 calories a day or more to maintain your weight and fuel your exercise.

Congrats on the weight loss.. but i agree and its possible you may even gain your weight back because your body isnt used to eating! If you are netting ZERO, and you start to actually eat again.. your body is going to start storing all of your food as fat.. and then what? Welp, you guessed it... your going to gain weight again.

Please see a doctor, or at least a dietition. You are going to need some serious help in the near future..

But you DO look amazing! I just wish you had taken a healthier route. Good luck!
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Please come back in 6 months and let us know how you are doing, ok?
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Meh.

This is the way numerous fitness competitors prepare for shows. I'm not sure all the hysteria is justified.

He's netting 200 or whatever not grossing that amount. Unless he has a malabsorption problem or he has been purposefully throwing up, his food intake will be making its way to his GI tract and the nutrients being absorbed. If his diet is good then his macro and micro bases are probably being covered.

Admittedly, energy availability may be a problem if he chooses to do this long term which would not be advisable and medical supervision certainly seems wise. However, he can counter metabolic down regulation by having a periodic diet break / refeeds / free days etc and also reverse dieting when he achieves goal.

Finally I don't think this situation is analogous to the Minnesota semi starvation study (in the event that it has been bought up) as he is not being forced to do exercise throughout the day and has free choice over his food intake.

So, OP well done. Not an approach for the masses I think but if you can manage it and your health is being monitored and is fine then good luck!
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,149 MFP Staff
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread. The original poster has received a significant amount of feedback and the conversations can continue via personal messaging or within a group.

The forum guidelines include these items:

1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation

a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.
    b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.

3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders
    a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.
    b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote or glamorize dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.
    c) Photos intended to glamorize extreme thinness will be deleted.
    d) Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

With respect,
    Olivia
    MyFitnessPal Community Manager
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!