Does anyone Zumba and what are your results?

Options
Hi All,
Just wondering does anyone use the Beto (i think that's his name) Zumba dvd's and what kind of results did you have?
Also curious as to how many times per week used for the results you got!

Thanks for sharing,
Janet :heart:

Replies

• AlannaPie
    AlannaPie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I took a class once and I burnt a crazy amount of calories. I also busted my ankle and couldn't do it again! LOL
  • LongMom
    LongMom Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I take the class and I LOVE it!! My BFF downloaded all the songs for me and I put them on when I clean the house - I'm dancing while cleaning!

If you have ever loved to go out dancing, then you will LOVE Zumba.

I'm not a "dvd" person though, I need the extra motivation from the instructor and I like dancing with a bunch of women instead of by myself. You should see me in class, I look like I'm putting on a show I get so into it!
  • Beleau
    Beleau Posts: 143
    Options
    Hi,

Yes I am using the Zumba (Beto) DVD's...last night was my first...did the 20-minute express...I can feel my aching muscles in my arms, abs, and legs today....I will be following the exercise schedule in the booklet...will give it two weeks to a month before I can comment on results.
  • LosingLizard
    Options
    I haven't done the DVD's but I do Zumba classes at my local gym. I LOVE Zumba. It is so much fun! According to my HRM I was burning between 300 and 450 calories per class - mostly depending on the routines the instructor chose or if I was really kicking it into gear or just sort of moving along without as much effort as I could.

Zumba is truly for all levels. You can kick it into gear and really burn some calories, or, if you're a beginner or less abled, you can do what you can do and still get great benefits.

The best part - it's so much fun the hour just flies by! :bigsmile:
  • laurastew79
    Options
    I love zumba!!! I do it twice a week for an hour but I go to a class at my local gym. YOu definitely sweat like crazy even though it is pretty low impact. You will definitely be able to feel the workout the next day.....I do it becasue i feel like i get a good calorie burn with all that sweatin'.
  • LosingLizard
    Options
    I took a class once and I burnt a crazy amount of calories. I also busted my ankle and couldn't do it again! LOL

I did that too! :bigsmile:

The first few times I was doing one of the moves wrong and I kept twisting my ankle. I finally figured out what I was doing wrong, but I was in an ankle brace for a month.

Pick those feet up and wear shoes that slide! That's my handy advice for newbies.:tongue:
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    I love love Zumba I have never done it to DVD's I have only done it at the gym in a hr class setting it works great. A lady last night stated in 16weeks she has loss 31lbs and she owes it to Zumba need I say more. You will burn crazy calories and have great fun doing it!!!
  • thenebean9
    thenebean9 Posts: 216
    Options
    I've been doing zumba for about two months now. I started going once a week and now I go four times plus sometimes we'll get a group of us together and do it at home! The one thing I noticed as I started losing weight is that I now have a nice waistline! wahoo! I still have a ways to go - but zumba definitely is a great exercise that's a lot of fun too! I do zumba and I run three days a week. It's always good to change it up! :)
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I have a friend that loves doing the Zumba DVD's. I am finally going to my first Zumba class at the YMCA on thursday--a little nervous since I will be going alone...but all I hear is the great workout it is and all the fun people have.

Online it says you burn around 500 to 800 per class. I guess it depends on how much you get into it...
  • XcarlyX
    XcarlyX Posts: 26
    Options
    I'm ordering the zumbafitness dvd set tomorrow..im sooooo excied i cant wait to start it and see the results!..Have any of you had any good results with zumba?
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting on my dvds too and can't wait to join in on the fun - I want exercising to be fun!!! Sometimes my motivation is low and my heart just isnt in it. Hopefully Zumba will help to keep me moving , especially on those days when I'd rather hit the snooze button !!!

Janet:heart:
  • donna56
    donna56 Posts: 412
    Options
    I'm waiting on my dvds too and can't wait to join in on the fun - I want exercising to be fun!!! Sometimes my motivation is low and my heart just isnt in it. Hopefully Zumba will help to keep me moving , especially on those days when I'd rather hit the snooze button !!!

I just got the dvd's last wk and love it! If you think you're not in the mood, just put the dvd's in the player and I am sure they will make you want to move lol
  • eclairuk
    eclairuk Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I also just got the DVD's. I've had them for a couple of weeks now and LOVE THEM!!! I'm pretty sure I am now an Zumba-aholic!!! :laugh:

I only have about 7lbs to lose now so in the first week I lost 2 lbs and I have still to weigh myself this week (Sunday in my weigh day). I definately feel a difference in my clothes from just doing it for almost 2 weeks so I'm sure I have lost inches - I didn't take my measurements before I started though.

What I have noticed is how flat my stomach is!!! I have never had a stomach this flat in my life and I am amazed!!! :laugh:
    I would do sit ups after sit ups and still did not get the effect I have from these 2 weeks doing Zumba so I will definately be keeping it up. Since I've had the DVD's I have done a Zumba work out everyday except Wednesday and Saturday as these are my rest days.

You should definatley try it and decide for youself if you like it or not but honestly, I don't see how you couldn't :happy:

:heart:
  • XcarlyX
    XcarlyX Posts: 26
    Options

i cant wait to get mine either i just ordered them yesterday im soo exited for them to get here
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Thank you everybody for all of the feedback!! I am excited that the majority of you all sound so positive!! Yea!! I am really looking forward to getting them I can't wait!!

Maybe we can start a Zumba thread or something if any one would be interested????

What do you all think?

• c2mr5721
    c2mr5721 Posts: 29
    Options
    I just clicked on the message boards to ask about the Zumba dvd's, as I am sitting here watching the infomercial. I did the Zumba class when I was in New Orleans and "freakin" loved it. I use to dance and doing Zumba brought back that lovin feeling. I was hesitant on ordering the dvd's but I think I'm going to.
    I agree we should start a Zumba dvd forum. Maybe we could (when we get our dvd) post a daily message or weekly message on when we do our dvd's. That will help keep us motivated, and I'm in for that!:tongue:
  • c2mr5721
    Options
    AHHHH I just ordered my Zumba! I'm so excited, I love dancing and this will definitely be fun!
  • eclairuk
    eclairuk Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Thank you everybody for all of the feedback!! I am excited that the majority of you all sound so positive!! Yea!! I am really looking forward to getting them I can't wait!!

Maybe we can start a Zumba thread or something if any one would be interested????

What do you all think?

I'm up for a Zumba thread!!! :heart:
  • SraArroz
    SraArroz Posts: 238
    Options
    I think I'm a Zumba addict now! LOL I've gone to 2 classes at my gym and that's all I wanna do now. I'm going tonight too... Friday evening at the gym... what has happened to me? :noway:
  • c2mr5721
    Options
    We have an instructor here who is starting a Zumba class on Monday night. I'm not in town that day (I live 30 mins away) but I am tempted to go to town just for the class, I am feeling the motivation.