Does anyone Zumba and what are your results?

Options

Replies

• spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I am totally addicted to zumba... its an awsome workout.. I just started to do zumba toning as well with the weights... NOW on to the zumba site to get the gear and shoes... It has helped me be more cordinated.. I am so not a dancer and have learned to concentrate just by doing this.. :) I also burn way more calories.
  • aerobicgirl
    aerobicgirl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    sorry ive been away but i had a stomach bug this weekend that lasted until tuesday. i only lost one lb. so ive been eatin lightly trying to regain my strengh. will start these again on sunday 3x a week. so i will be taking my measurement and weight on sunday. i am anxious to see everyones results. ( i have baseball tourmanents this weekend which is why im not starting them sooner).
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hi Hi Hi Everybody!!!
    Yes the dvd's are here and I've done the basic and the 20min!! Too fun!! I bet when I'm more confident with the steps this is going to burn a ton of calories!! Plan on hitting it tonight after my P90 cardio + ab ripper , at least for 20 min .....
    I've got another 75 days of P90 before I can fully start another program but I wil for sure know the steps by then!!

Love the idea of all of us checkin in on our progress keep dancin!!

The vaca starts in 4 hrs and 32 min Woo Hoo!!

Janet:heart:
  • eclairuk
    eclairuk Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    My class last night was good but not as intense as the DVD's. It was fun though so I definately will be going again. Actually didn't feel as embarrassed as I though I would!! :smile:

Tonigh I did the Cardio Party, Sculpt & Tone AND Flat Abs. Phew!!!! What a workout that was but once again with the wonders of Zumba it flew in!!! LOVE IT!!!! :laugh:

Happy Zumba-ing everyone :heart:
  • c2mr5721
    c2mr5721 Posts: 29
    Options
    :bigsmile: Just got back from out U-Haul adventure, whew added 3 lbs to myself while we were gone. Guess sitting all day and not moving will do that to ya. But I'm ready for some ZUMBA!! Not sure what I will start with maybe the 20 minute express. Going to put on my Zumba shoes and do the dance in my pajamas. LOL That should be a sight, hair mussed from sleeping, pj's, dance shoes, Zumba and jiggly parts a going, LOL
    :laugh:
  • c2mr5721
    Options
    Whew did the Zumba 20 minutes express and it kicked my *kitten*!! Loved it though!
  • c2mr5721
    Options
    Just completed day 2 of the Zumba Express. I'm still loving it and I love the fact that when i am done I am sweating like crazy and it didn't feel like exercise! Yeah!! I'm going to mast the Zumba Express then move on to the other DVD's. How is everyone else using the DVD's? Are you switching around in the DVD's or just starting with one and staying with it til you master it like I am? COME ON ZUMBA GIRLS!!
  • SraArroz
    SraArroz Posts: 238
    Options
    I'm really tempted to order the DVD's. I go to a zumba class at my gym, but I never want to exercise anymore unless I'm doing zumba! :blushing: So... I might need the DVD's to do at home when class isn't being offered.
  • eclairuk
    Options
    Just completed day 2 of the Zumba Express. I'm still loving it and I love the fact that when i am done I am sweating like crazy and it didn't feel like exercise! Yeah!! I'm going to mast the Zumba Express then move on to the other DVD's. How is everyone else using the DVD's? Are you switching around in the DVD's or just starting with one and staying with it til you master it like I am? COME ON ZUMBA GIRLS!!

I sort of swap about. Don't really do the 20 minute express anymore - actually passed it on to my dad to have a go :laugh:
    My favourite one is the Sculpt and Tone one because at the end I am shattered, sweaty and felt as if I've worked my butt off. The Flat Abs is good too!!

Actually I love it all!!! :laugh: I woke up and 6 am this morning and couldn't get back to sleep so got up and done some Zumba. I even downloaded the music so I can do some when I go on holiday because I don't think I could do 2 weeks without it!!!

I'm sure I've said it before - I am a Zumba-aholic!!!!

Zumba love.
    :heart:
  • c2mr5721
    Options
    How did you download the music, itunes? I love doing the Zumba, I think I will try one of the other dvd's just to see what is on the other ones. I love that I am so sweaty and burning calories and yet it doesn't feel like exercise.
  • eclairuk
    Options
    How did you download the music, itunes? I love doing the Zumba, I think I will try one of the other dvd's just to see what is on the other ones. I love that I am so sweaty and burning calories and yet it doesn't feel like exercise.

Yeah downloaded from ITunes. I know it doesn't feel like exercise at all. I can do 3 of the DVD's at one which is about 2 hours and it doesn't feel like it at all. It's great :smile:

:heart:
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone - it sounds like this is the place to be! I've been toying with the idea of trying zumba- (needing something FUN to add in). I just found out that there are 3 classes a week at a church that's only .5 miles away from my house. I could walk there and back! I just emailed the instructor to find out the cost per class... if it's $8 or under, it's do-able.

Working up the nerve to give it a go........would love to hear from those who feel rhythmically challenged and yet still enjoy this workout - IN PUBLIC! :laugh:
  • katrinah013
    katrinah013 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Ordered Zumba, just waiting for it to get here!!! I thought I would start with the DVD's and get amazing before I took a class here in town! Can't wait to get started, as I keep checking the tracking number! Turning into a Zumba-aholic before I even start! :) Good luck everyone!
  • c2mr5721
    Options
    MAKE THE TREK to the class you will love it. If you were one who loved to dance or still love to dance you will love Zumba. It's ok if you don't know all the moves or are sweating like crazy. My first and only class that I went to I was in the back of a room with 40 other men and women and was petrified. Once we started you just kind of loose inhibitions and just move with the music. It doesn't feel like exercise. That's why I love it.
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    MAKE THE TREK to the class you will love it. If you were one who loved to dance or still love to dance you will love Zumba. It's ok if you don't know all the moves or are sweating like crazy. My first and only class that I went to I was in the back of a room with 40 other men and women and was petrified. Once we started you just kind of loose inhibitions and just move with the music. It doesn't feel like exercise. That's why I love it.

This is what I need to hear. Tonight's class has about 30 people. I can hide in the back. Perfect! :):bigsmile:
  • deenebes
    deenebes Posts: 9
    Options
    I LOVE Zumba!!! Such a great workout! Better to join a class then do the DVDs
  • eclairuk
    Options
    Ordered Zumba, just waiting for it to get here!!! I thought I would start with the DVD's and get amazing before I took a class here in town! Can't wait to get started, as I keep checking the tracking number! Turning into a Zumba-aholic before I even start! :) Good luck everyone!

That was my plan too!!! :laugh: It works though and it made me feel more confident in the class.

smiles4miles - You'll be fine. I thought when I went everyone would be watching me mess up but everyone else is concentrating on themselves so I'm sure you'll be fine and love it!!! Let us know.

I've just done the Zumba Live DVD and the Sculpt and Tone one!! Achey muscles!!! Love it!!!

Zumba love everyone :heart:
  • c2mr5721
    Options
    I have done 3 days of the 20 minute express and I am still sore and aching, LOL. Especially my tummy and legs, YEAH! Tomorrow I'm going to try one of the other DVD's. Loving it, I think on Monday I will make the trek to town to do the class. Unfortunately that is the only day there is a class offered. Keep on Zumba! :bigsmile:
  • Bezingue22
    Options
    I have been hearing so much about Zumba, I want to try it so badly!! I think I will be ordering it very soon. Hopefully we can keep this thread going and more people will join in!!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    [/quote]

smiles4miles - You'll be fine. I thought when I went everyone would be watching me mess up but everyone else is concentrating on themselves so I'm sure you'll be fine and love it!!! Let us know.

I've just done the Zumba Live DVD and the Sculpt and Tone one!! Achey muscles!!! Love it!!!

Zumba love everyone :heart:
    [/quote]

Went to a class this morning and HAD A BLAST!!! Got my hands on the DVD's too... this is some fun stuff!