Does anyone Zumba and what are your results?

Options

Replies

• oomalmal
    oomalmal Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I've been doing the zumba dvd's off and on for a year and a half. I love them but after doing to dvd's so many times it gets boring like with any other dvd. Not as boring as others but still. I've finally gotten comfortable with my body and I've been going to the live classes for about 3 weeks now.

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's super fun and I love my team of instructors. I burn 700 plus calories an hour, and the classes are never the same. I'm doing 3 classes a week right now but I'm thinking of adding a fourth becuase it's that much fun.

Zumba Zumba Zumba
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hi Everybody,
    Still here, just been feeling totally lazy for the past week and have done nothing!!! Checking in because I missed you all and the motivation.
    I plan on Zumba tonight!! It really is a lot of fun and I think that's what I need right now after being so strick! Good fun and good health!!

Have a great Sunday!
    Janet:heart:
  • c2mr5721
    c2mr5721 Posts: 29
    Options
    Get up and Zumba!! I have taken 3 days off and am ready to get back to it. I miss my Zumba.
  • oomalmal
    Options
    I'm going to Zumba today at 5:30 and I've been looking foward to it all day!!
  • c2mr5721
    c2mr5721 Posts: 29
    Options
    Just got back from a morning walk (60 minutes and 3 miles) and now I'm feeling a lil Zumba coming on. Whohoo, love shaking my bits. LOL:tongue:
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hey Everybody,
    Had a little zumba after my sculpting last nite and it was awesome!! I really do like it and it's so fun ...even if my steps aren't perfect - maybe a little cardio party tonight?????

Hope all are well,
  • SraArroz
    SraArroz Posts: 238
    Options
    Just got home from Zumba and burned 570 calories and was wringing wet! I love it! :heart:
  • sharmrp
    sharmrp Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I've also just started going to Zumba with a friend and it's brilliant!! You don't realise what a full body workout it is until you feel your muscles aching the following day.

I'd definitely be up for a Zumba forum.

Keep the hips swinging ladies!!

sharon
    x
  • Rea_K
    Rea_K Posts: 51
    Options
    I just came on MFP to ask about the Zumba dvds and this thread was at the top of recent posts!!

So I didn't need to ask, have just ordered my zumba dvds. Can't wait to start!! It's a shame there aren't any classes local to me
  • clairebear82
    Options
    I started it last week and used my heart rate monitor last night. Having warmed up on wii sports active for 20 mins to get my heart rate up, I did 45 mins of Zumba and burned 500-600 calories. That's based on my current weight of 196lbs so the results might be slightly different for different weights!

Its great fun though!
  • clairebear82
    Options
    Hey Everybody,
    Had a little zumba after my sculpting last nite and it was awesome!! I really do like it and it's so fun ...even if my steps aren't perfect - maybe a little cardio party tonight?????

Hope all are well,

Me too!!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    bump
  • eclairuk
    eclairuk Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Morning Zumba ladies.

I feel like doing a little bit of Zumba Sculpt and Tone today :happy:

I've started the couch 2 5K training also so will be going this first!!! Sore legs ahoy :laugh:

Have a good Friday :heart:
  • oomalmal
    Options
    Did three nights of Zumba class in a row. It's amazing how I can do the dvd's now and not flinch, but the classes work my butt off. Since I've started doing the live classes the inches are dropping fast again. I think it's because

A. I'm paying for it.
    B. The competition (that's all in my head) with all the other women in class
    C. The different class every time.
    D. And the instructor telling my when to focus on my core so it makes me keep proper form.

I love it. I don't go again until tomorrow, I can't wait.

I think tonight at home I'll do sculpt and tone, and flat abs.
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Hey fellow Zumbies!!! (Can I call you that?) :wink: What a fun week it's been! I went to my first ever class a week ago (Saturday). Since then, I went to a class on Tuesday, did the DVDs, and class again today. I cannot believe how fun it is. Just had to say so. :bigsmile:

Wish we could have one huge MFP zumba class...
  • oomalmal
    Options
    I didn't get to zumba like I planned. My allergies are kicking my butt. But come heck or highwater I'm going to class tomorrow.
  • 58Sunny
    58Sunny Posts: 13
    Options
    I have the Zumba DVDs & use them. Zumba can kick your butt, I have asthma so I can't do the whole session, I usually do about 5 minutes before I'm huffing & puffing & have to stop. According to the Zumba info you can burn 1,000 calories per hour, but I don't know anyone who can stick with it that long. God bless anyone who can. It is fun. You burn some serious calories doing it. I have noticed my waist is smaller & my hips are slimmer.
  • tracyshannon1981
    Options
    hi

i downloaded the 20 min express dvd and its real good just feels like ure dancing not working otu i do it in my front room 2 to 3 times week i lost 2lbs last week 8 lb in 3 weeks so good i love it
  • tracyshannon1981
    Options
    hi

i have astma and the 20min aork out is good for me not to much but i feel great on it too and the cardio party is good its hard work but u lose track of time and dont even realise u done 45 mins lol i love it
  • eclairuk
    eclairuk Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hey fellow Zumbies!!! (Can I call you that?) :wink: What a fun week it's been! I went to my first ever class a week ago (Saturday). Since then, I went to a class on Tuesday, did the DVDs, and class again today. I cannot believe how fun it is. Just had to say so. :bigsmile:

Wish we could have one huge MFP zumba class...

Zumbies!!!! Love it!!!

I have done a little Zumba last week but training for the 5K at the moment and my legs are soooooooooo sore!!! So walking nevermind Zumba-ing has been a bit difficult. Feels a bit better today and there is a class tomorrow night so might pop along to that.

Happy Zumba-ing everyone :heart: