Does anyone Zumba and what are your results?

Options

Replies

• aerobicgirl
    aerobicgirl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I did zumba tonight and I absolutely LOVE It!! :heart: My HRM said that I'd burned 555 calories. So that's pretty cool! Keep dancing, girls! :bigsmile:

not sure if you saw my post but i did 40 minutes and only managed to burn 300 calories not sure if its bc i don't know the moves but the dvd is kinda hard. haha i cant move my body like that.
  • missysmission777
    missysmission777 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I go to the same Zumba Class as Erin and I agree with everything she has said.. I was diagnosed with Generative Disk Diease last year where I was in Physical Therapy and that about KILLED me, it was hurting me Then I tried my first class with Erin back in September. 2009 . I thought to myself that there would be no way I could even do Zumba because my back was hurting everyday..To my surprise I love it and it's made my body alot stronger and my back does not hurt like it use to ,every once in awhile I'll get a pain....I have ordered the DVD's w/ toning sticks on zumba.com . I strongly recommend the toning sticks, I have lost in my arms, back , through my shoulders, I have TODAY a shirt on that I use to wear but couldn't because my arms, shoulders, it fit too tightly but today I have it on and I've been using toning sticks not even a full month now. I am up to 3 classes a week and I love how our instructor switches it where we don't plato, working different areas in our bodies. I would strongly recommend ZUMBA it's changed my life for the better.

Love & Believe!
    Missy
  • flyinmax
    flyinmax Posts: 4
    Options
    I am also doing Zumba once a week at a "local" (20 min away) community center. This was my 2nd week and I felt like I was able to do a lot more this time. I was kinda lost the first week, but still was sweating after about 15 min. The 60 min class seems to fly away and I take the class with a friend who's 15 yr older but in better shape!
    What do the "toning sticks" do for you and where can you get them?
  • SraArroz
    SraArroz Posts: 238
    Options

"not sure if you saw my post but i did 40 minutes and only managed to burn 300 calories not sure if its bc i don't know the moves but the dvd is kinda hard. haha i cant move my body like that."

I've increased my calories burned each week. I think it's because I'm starting to learn the moves and am actually doing more of them. LOL Keep it up, you'll get it. I really wanted to do zumba today but there's no class.... I want a 24 hour zumba studio to go to whenever I want. :love:
  • aerobicgirl
    Options

"not sure if you saw my post but i did 40 minutes and only managed to burn 300 calories not sure if its bc i don't know the moves but the dvd is kinda hard. haha i cant move my body like that."

I've increased my calories burned each week. I think it's because I'm starting to learn the moves and am actually doing more of them. LOL Keep it up, you'll get it. I really wanted to do zumba today but there's no class.... I want a 24 hour zumba studio to go to whenever I want. :love:

thanks for the encouragement i tend to get discouraged easily, its been really hard to lose the last 15 lbs of post pregnancy weight andi have to admit my eating habits have not helped so, i decided to buy the zumba bc ive heard so much about it, so i just have to learn to move my hips like them.
  • aerobicgirl
    Options
    oh ya i was wearing my cross trainers for the dvd's nope i could not move my feet so i took them off and just wore my socks and well, then i was to slippery, haha need to find something.
  • c2mr5721
    c2mr5721 Posts: 29
    Options
    Just got my shoes in the mail today. Put them on and they fit ( I never order shoes online). Still am waiting on my Zumba DVD. I can't wait. While I was cleaning house today I turned on the Sirrius satellite and found myself dancing to the music. LOL Anyone walking by would of wondered what I was doing in here.
    I can't wait to get my DVD's got an email and they are "in transit". Am so excited, my other half walked in today as I was watching the infomercial and just looked at me and walked back outside. LOL
  • donna56
    donna56 Posts: 412
    Options
    It took me 8 days to get my dvd's but I guess it was worth it bc I love them lol
  • XcarlyX
    XcarlyX Posts: 26
    Options
    MY dvd's are due to arrive tomorrow...i cant wait lol im so crazy excited
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Hey Janet & All.....I've read ya'lls posts and hoping the DVDs arrived finally.....
    I absolutely love Zumba & would love to check in with results on a running thread.

3 x weekly for me....I have special dance shoes that I wear. Not sure if they're Zumba, but the arch can bend a 180!

Our instructor is absolutely awesome! We do it all....from salsa/cumbia to a boxing shuffle of sorts....I can't get enough of the fun. Burn those cals like nothing else....& such a blast doing it :bigsmile:
  • eclairuk
    eclairuk Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm going to my first Zumba class on Wednesday!!!! Excited!!!!!! Need to go early though because the classes are queued out the door.

:heart:
  • c2mr5721
    Options
    Got my Zumba dvd's today. Can't wait to start. Unfortunately I am leaving Tuesday night and will be gone for a week.
    : (
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Got my Zumba dvd's today. Can't wait to start. Unfortunately I am leaving Tuesday night and will be gone for a week.
    Take 'em with:wink:
  • eclairuk
    eclairuk Posts: 130 Member
    Options

Awww that's a shame!! You'll be bursting to do them when you come home then :laugh:

:heart:
  • c2mr5721
    Options
    I thought about taking them with me but I don't know that we will have time. We will bet getting up at 6 to hit the road and driving all day and as far as we can til we are ready to drop. Trying to do 3000 miles in 3 days 4 tops.

AHHH, maybe I will sneak out a little early and go do me a li Zumba.

Confession: I dvr'd the infomerical just in case I couldn't find it anymore, lol
  • mandyshell
    mandyshell Posts: 55
    Options
    I take 3 Zumba classes a week. I burn at least 950 calories a pop. But I'm a big girl ;) It's soooooooo fun. I don't have the dvd's yet, so I've never done it at home.
  • hummingbird314
    hummingbird314 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I saw the Zumba infomercial last weekend and I was unsure about ordering the dvds. It looks like so much fun and everyone's posts have made me want to order it. I think I'll give it a try. Has anyone seen the kids Zumba dvd's? I'm trying to find more fun ways to get my kids moving this summer.
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    I love it. You have to let your inhibitions go! and if you don't know the steps just to whatever keeps your heart rate up! I regularly would burn 700+ an hour.
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    I saw the informercial yesterday :sad: it made me miss my classes at the gym I think this summer we will get the membership back and then I will be able to go back to the zumba classes they are totally fun!! Can't wait to get back in there and shake my stuff lol!!
  • SraArroz
    SraArroz Posts: 238
    Options
    I looked at the site to possibly order the dvd's b/c I love my classes and sometimes zumba is what I want to do, but the workouts are to the latin music. My classes are the same moves but done to current hip-hop music. Have you all seen any dvds that are to the hip-hop music??