Does anyone Zumba and what are your results?

Options

Replies

• SraArroz
    SraArroz Posts: 238
    Options

Pick those feet up and wear shoes that slide! That's my handy advice for newbies.:tongue:

Silly Question here.... what kind of shoes are best? I wear my regular sneakers that I'd wear on the treadmill, but they don't exactly "slide"... that much. Are there specific shoes for classes like Zumba or dancing?
  • bubbles6
    bubbles6 Posts: 14
    Options
    I have been doing Zumba for about 2 months and I absolutely love it! It's like aerobics that you don't have to get on the floor to do! I hate doing floor exercises....Can you tell me where you orderd your DVD's from? I can't seem to find them in any store and when I google them, I keep getting the Zumba book!
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options

Pick those feet up and wear shoes that slide! That's my handy advice for newbies.:tongue:

Silly Question here.... what kind of shoes are best? I wear my regular sneakers that I'd wear on the treadmill, but they don't exactly "slide"... that much. Are there specific shoes for classes like Zumba or dancing?

There is no silly question unless it goes unasked there are special shoes for Zumba the sad part is I don't know where to get them in stores but I see the places online like amazon have them.
  • donna56
    donna56 Posts: 412
    Options
    I have been doing Zumba for about 2 months and I absolutely love it! It's like aerobics that you don't have to get on the floor to do! I hate doing floor exercises....Can you tell me where you orderd your DVD's from? I can't seem to find them in any store and when I google them, I keep getting the Zumba book!

I seen it advertised on TV and called my order in. I wish I had kept the number but I don't think I did. I will look though and if I happen to find it, I'll post it for you. Try googling Zumba, complete transformation system. I hope that helps.
  • eclairuk
    eclairuk Posts: 130 Member
    Options

I seen it advertised on TV and called my order in. I wish I had kept the number but I don't think I did. I will look though and if I happen to find it, I'll post it for you. Try googling Zumba, complete transformation system. I hope that helps.

I ordered mine off the Zumba website :heart:
  • XcarlyX
    XcarlyX Posts: 26
    Options
    i wish my zumba dvds were here lol i can't wait anymore
  • c2mr5721
    c2mr5721 Posts: 29
    Options
    I went to www.zumbafitness.com I can't wait to get mine. I think I am going to make the treck into town to do the class.
  • SraArroz
    Options
    There is no silly question unless it goes unasked there are special shoes for Zumba the sad part is I don't know where to get them in stores but I see the places online like amazon have them.

Thanks! =)
  • c2mr5721
    Options
    I was looking online at Zumba shoes also. Don't think I'm up for wearing the cute little tanks they have. Might not be a pretty site, cause once my jiggly parts get moving I can stop and they can still be moving. LOL
    Gotta find me some good shoes though.
    Anybody have a personal preference on those?
  • c2mr5721
    Options
    Was doing some surfing on Zumba shoes, found a site that had a sale on shoes worn for Zumba. Got me a pair for $30 including shipping. Can't wait!
  • c2mr5721
    Options
    Was doing some surfing on Zumba shoes, found a site that had a sale on shoes worn for Zumba. Got me a pair for $30 including shipping. Can't wait!
  • lasombra
    lasombra Posts: 1
    Options
    For the person asking about Zumba shoes...my daughter gave me Zumba shoes for Momther's Day.....they're great for Zumba...just enough slide. It is a Nike brand and she said she purchased it at Zappos. Good luck and have fun shopping!

Zumba is fabulous for dance fanatics who love Latin rythyms. The amount of calories you burn depends on how much/or little you move. Even if you can't do the hip rolls, just try it (while making sure that your core is engaged) and you'll find that it is a great workout for your abs. Great for people who have osteoarthritis and osteoporosis (hips)....just be careful and gradually practice the moves.
  • c2mr5721
    Options
    Just got an email, my ZUMBA has been shipped! I can't wait, I have even taken to watching the Zumba infomercial, lol :blushing:
  • aerobicgirl
    aerobicgirl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    i received my zumba yesterday so im doing it tonight, would have done it yesterday but i had a hair appt. so zumba day 1 tonight. add me to your post. glad we are all excited.. yay!!!!
  • aerobicgirl
    aerobicgirl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    ok so i did the first cardio dvd and wow its amazing, it is hard but bc i don't know the steps and i can't shake my hips like that (yet haha) but its cool i used my hrh and i burned about 300 in about 40 minutes, i think bc i don't know the steps maybe as the steps come easier i will burn more, but its fun , hurry up and get your dvds ladies..
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hi Zumba -fans,
    still here and still waiting.......... no confirm email or anything!! i can't wait to try this!!!

oh, and i'm checkin the infomercial too, LOL!!!!

Off to P90

Janet:heart:
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hurray , Hurray - scheduled to arrive on 5/21 !!!! Woo Hooo!!! Can't wait to join the party!!:drinker:
  • somigliana
    somigliana Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Hurray , Hurray - scheduled to arrive on 5/21 !!!! Woo Hooo!!! Can't wait to join the party!!:drinker:

Awesome!
    I do Zumba classes at a local dance studio 3x a week--I've been going since January and I'm still loving it. I get around 590cal an hour on my HRM and I usually log 500cal as exercise calories :)

I credit any weight I've lost to my eating plan and calorie deficit, but Zumba has given me a trimmer waistline and much nicer oblique muscles.
  • SraArroz
    Options
    I did zumba tonight and I absolutely LOVE It!! :heart: My HRM said that I'd burned 555 calories. So that's pretty cool! Keep dancing, girls! :bigsmile:
  • erincraig
    erincraig Posts: 10
    Options
    I have been going to a class 1 time a week for a few months. I love it!!! It has been the best activity for me as a stay at home mom. I go on Monday and it motivates me to keep moving all week. If I miss the class I feel lazy all week. I haven't tried the DVD's but would like to. Our teacher changes her class up often. It is intense! She gets anywhere from 600-800 calories on her monitor depending on which songs she does. (Some are more cardio some are toning).

Once I added counting calories to my routine I have averaged 2 pounds a week loss!