30 Day Shred - Starting April 15 2013

Options
1181920212224»

Replies

• meghanmaeandrews
    meghanmaeandrews Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I got off track for a few days. Still had 3 days left of Level 2 but couldn't bring myself to do it so I skipped to Level 3. Level 3 is SO much better. I was really hating level 2!! Almost Done
  • travlinmel101
    travlinmel101 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    So I was feeling a little ambitious, and also desperately want to catch up, so I did L3D1 tonight. I LOVED IT!!! SO much better than Level 2!!! I barely had to take any breaks and just felt REALLY strong. I'm so glad I did it because I really needed to feel that strength again! :bigsmile:

Great job getting back at it!! :)
  • AJoyfulLife
    AJoyfulLife Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Level 2 DONE!!!!!! YAY! I'm so thrilled to be done with that level. You all have me looking forward to Level 3 - I'm hoping it hasn't been hyped up too much.

It is great hearing all of the success stories in this thread. You are all an inspiration.

Welcome to the Shred, Azurastar. Do be careful with your knees. Level 2 killed mine and I had to start modifying exercises to save them. When they were at their worst I Googled 30 Day Shred Knee Pain and a ton of stuff came up. It seems to be a common problem.
  • chipmunk_87
    chipmunk_87 Posts: 42
    Options
    Level 2 Day 8 done! Two to go! So pleased to see so many of us still going (or finished!). TravlinMel, what are you doing now/next?
  • Amy_Andrews
    Amy_Andrews Posts: 106
    Options
    Way to go everyone!

Azurastar, a lot of knee pain can come from the lunges, so try to do the modified ones. There are lots more lunges in the next 2 levels. so take it easy to save those knees :)

Aliann, so glad you're back at it! Hope your sunburn is all healed - do you have a great tan now!?!?

Joyful Life, Level 3 is just different. I honestly don't think it's hype, it just goes by quicker and seems more fun. It could all be psychological cause we know it's the last level ;)
  • aliann30
    aliann30 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    L3D2 done. :bigsmile:

Amy, I'm so white lol..."tan" on me is still white! but yes, I do have some color now :)

I also agree that Level 3 goes by SOOO much faster, and it definitely seems more fun. I'm not sure why. There's a lot of jumping and it BURNS but feels good. Honestly my least favorite move is the one where you're leaning on your weights and alternating between arm and leg lifts. But that's because it hurts my hands - can't quite get comfortable enough. I think it's because my weights are too small.

8 more days!!! :)
  • AJoyfulLife
    Options
    Level 3 Day 1 - Wow, you guys aren't kidding that it is different. I can't decide if I love it yet, though. I think I need to get used to it first. There is so much cardio and I just can't keep up with them at all yet. The walking push ups and pliee jumps are too hard for me. I think I'm going to have to start out with Anita instead of Natalie. I do have hope that this level will burn the most calories for me and I'll start seeing bigger and faster changes in my body.

Keep shredding, everyone! You're all amazing.
  • chipmunk_87
    chipmunk_87 Posts: 42
    Options
    Aaaaaaaand..... I'm DONE! Level 3 Day 10 complete. And I'm going to start Ripped in 30 this weekend - maybe tomorrow or maybe Sunday, depending how I feel.

AJoyfulLife, I'm not sure even now if I really like Level 3. I went back and tried Level 2 yesterday and really enjoyed it, though, which is funny as I hated it at the time.

Keep it up everyone! And join me on Ripped in 30!
  • BeekayG
    BeekayG Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi all just started 30day shred 3 days ago and my appetite has been revved up. Any suggestios for low calorie snacks?
  • Johlawrence
    Johlawrence Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    d8ce0057-509a-4d33-a184-eaa5a09e3967_zps4e8a2fd2.jpg

1921da96-557b-4fc9-817f-84991696406d_zps7c9e91f4.jpg

I am about halfway through 30 DS. I can only do it 3-4 times a week, so I am sure my results thus far would be better if I were consistently doing it. I have lost about 6-8 pounds and a lot of inches. 3" so far in my waist. I can see the biggest difference in my abdomen and my arms/shoulders. I am pleased with my results and cannot wait to finish! I have just started incorporating some extra squats and thigh exercises at the end because that is my trouble area and where I am seeing the least amount of change.
  • puuka
    puuka Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I just finished 30 Day Shred!
    - 2 kg
    - 3cm waist at navel level
    - 1 cm hips
    waist narroves part is the same. Didn't lose very much but I feel stronger and I love it! Tonight I will try to make some pics
    My next challenge will be ripped in 30.

Good luck! :)
  • Amy_Andrews
    Amy_Andrews Posts: 106
    Options
    I finished! WOO HOO! I feel amazing. I did Level3 Day10 on Saturday. I lost 5.6 lbs, but haven't measured yet --- very busy weekend.

Yesterday I started Ripped in 30. It was similar in some aspects, challenging in others. I'm glad there are 4 levels this time - maybe that'll help with the boredom factor.

I will update with inches lost (and pics if I can figure out how to post them!)

Good luck to the rest of you still shredding!
  • MicheleWE
    MicheleWE Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I did the first day of level 3 today. At first I was worried with all the jumping because my knees have been killing me the whole time even though I've done the modified moves. I liked level 3 more than I thought I would but instead of doing the rock star jumps I did skaters (from level 2) instead. I've enjoyed getting in such a good workout in such a short period of time but this has proven to me that I need to stick with low impact exercises. I don't want any knee replacements in my future. I am determined to finish this last 9 days though (I take two days off a week from 30 Day Shred).
    Congratulations to those of you who have finished, I see some great results being posted!
  • legri2
    legri2 Posts: 1
    Options
    I've started the 30DS maybe 6 times since I bought it 3 years ago. I get to about day 4 of level, then lose interest or skip a day and don't go back to it. But I'm hoping working with others on a forum will keep me more motivated- summer coming with weddings and beach days and it would be nice to feel confident in my own skin!
  • Lymberly
    Lymberly Posts: 17
    Options
    I just finished the 30 day shred. I was also using the elliptical for 20 to 30 min and just recently started mixing it up with the C25K. I started at about 247 lbs and finished at 229. I also have been eating as clean as possible. The DVD is great and has definitely helped me on my journey to health! Parts were difficult, especially as overweight and out of shape as I am! Don't give up!! If I can do it you can do it!! Now on to ripped in 30 ???? CCE9D7FA-C866-4A4E-A148-DF272C511E3A-1026-0000009797CE74F4_zpsd8605f4a-1.jpg3A89C99B-9460-49B2-BFE4-86F79CD57190-1026-00000097A55B9316_zps3c6cd8b9.jpg
  • AJoyfulLife
    Options
    I fell off the Shred bandwagon because my A/C quit. Now that it is running again I restarted Level 3.

Level 3 Day 2, done! Whew. This level is really hard for me. I can't wait to see how I feel by day 10.

Keep Shredding!
  • MicheleWE
    MicheleWE Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Well, I know all of you have moved on, and now I am going on to something else cause I finished! Happy to be done but at the same time I kinda miss Jill. Crazy! It was such a good workout, really felt like I got alot accomplished in a short time. I don't have after pictures yet but I have had major improvements in my endurance. Just the other day I was able to jog a whole mile without stopping. I can also do push ups on my toes, and I can now do one chin up. I lost 6 inches overall and 5 lbs. I am pretty happy and even if I still have some weight to lose I still feel like a badass-Jillian told me I am!
  • SAB8A
    SAB8A Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Anyone still doing the shred? I fell off the bandwagon after Holiday in Vegas and today is the day to get back on it. I am starting back on Level 1 and doing it all over. I have actually been missing Jillian and refuse to allow myself to continue to slack off. I saw alot of change in my endurance during the Shred and I look forward to getting to day 30 or 45 or however long it takes me to get this done. I'm actually not going to limit myself to just 10 days. If Level 1 is not challenging enough I might go to Level 2 before the 10 days and since I hated Level 2 the last time around I might do it for longer. This will be the only workout I do (I will give myself extra points if I can get more minutes in but with a household with 3 children it gets pretty tough) but nutriution is key so I will be working on refining my food choices. I look for other friends doing the Shred or just active in losing weight to help keep me motivated as this thread motivated me before. I would really love to hear from everyone finishing up the Shred to see your results. Feel free to add me :)
  • Chairman_Davey
    Options
    I've tried to do the 30DS a few times in the past, but never got past halfway through L2 - I just get bored with the repetitiveness of it all. So this time I'm doing alternative levels each day, so level 1, then 2, then 3, then 3, then 2, then 1, rinse and repeat.

I don't see why this wouldn't have the same effect as doing the 30DS properly, but it's stopping me from getting bored! What're people's thoughts?
  • Antoinette84
    Options
    Lymberly, you look fantastic, huge inspiration!

I'm on day 3 today, doing it alongside c25k but I am(or should be!) quite fit so doing 30ds everyday and c25k every other, hoping I see results soon, my legs burn!